• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2014

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I already own both Toki Tori 2+ and MSF HDE so more than eligible for the 60% off indie sale. I dunno if I will bite due to time spent on other games right now but would like recommendations, yays/neighs on Giana Sisters (reboot of a retro game?) and BitTrip Runner. Not in the market for another party game so Spin the Bottle/Bumpie is out. Or maybe I'll just get Ninja Gaiden because I don't own a copy of the game and currently have $5 of deluxe digital promo credit.

Anyways, like I said before, back in 2007 before SMG launch NOA gave us both SMB 3 and Alien Soldier the same day, so no idea why the saps who handle VC at NOA these days can no longer wrap their heads around the concept of releasing two different AAA games on the same day.

Runner 2 is a definite yes if you're a fan of platformers.

It's not nearly as hard as the first one, in fact it's downright easy for the most part if you ignore the gold throughout the level, but if you were a fan of besting your times in MSF, you should love this game. It'll show your friends top scores any time you finish a level, and if you're like me, you'll replay them until you're on top.

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS!

For some reason I was feeling adventurous and I decided to download Percy's Predicament. Although it may look like a bad N64 game, it is in fact just like a bad, yet somehow fun N64 game. In a Batman Forever-ish kind of way, of course.

JakeD

the link to the past i got for free from club nintendo and redeemed on my wii channel (of my U) allows me to upgrade to the wii U version for $1.50. this is probably common knowledge here but i wasn't sure it would work. so that's cool. that means ill get LTTP, SM64 and SSB on the gamepad for 4.50 total. (assuming the latter 2 ever come out)

Glass Joe

the link to the past i got for free from club nintendo and redeemed on my wii channel (of my U) allows me to upgrade to the wii U version for $1.50. this is probably common knowledge here but i wasn't sure it would work. so that's cool. that means ill get LTTP, SM64 and SSB on the gamepad for 4.50 total. (assuming the latter 2 ever come out)

NES game upgrades are $1.00. SNES are $1.50. I'm not sure N64 pricing was ever announced, but I'd assume them to be at least $2.00 if they end up seeing the light of day.

tolkir

Anyone know how much the upgrade fee is for PC-Engine games?

Half normal price. ¥600 -> ¥300

Upgrade MSX games costs half price too. ¥800 -> ¥400

One of the comments says it's going to be $14.99? Are they really going to charge that much for a side-scrolling Arkanoid clone? I mean, the game looks really polished and all, but there's no way in hell I'm buying it for that price.

On their youtube channel said 6 days ago: "No price set yet, but we'll have some news soon. Stay tuned."

Ondore

In North America, even within the same region. I'm in Canada and had a friend pick up an eShop card from Best Buy (US) during one of the card sales and it didn't work.

Definitely currency locked (can't use Euros on UK eShop etc) but maybe not region locked (I don't live in a Euro using country so have not tried buying a German Euro card and using on the French shop...)
In North America, even within the same region. I'm in Canada and had a friend pick up an eShop card from Best Buy (US) during one of the card sales and it didn't work.
I didn't know Canada used the US Dollar. Thats the problem with using actual currency rather than itchy and scratchy money (in case anyone cares Wii/Nintendo points were region locked)

Katsuragi

Shin'en is working on an Art of Balance version for Wii U!

New features:
Off-TV play, as well as multiple control schemes supporting analogue, touch screen and Wii Remote options.
Multiple online and local multiplayer modes that incorporate either competitive or co-operative play. Up to five players can take part in the various modes at once — one on GamePad, four on Wii Remotes — while up to 10 people can play across two Wii U systems in online matches.
Online Leaderboards are included.
HD visuals that incorporate all new graphics, designs and locations.
More accurate physics that are processed at 240 frames-per-second (on 3DS the equivalent was often 30 frames-per-second.
Source: Nintendo Life

Art of Balance is (by far) my favorite Shin'en game, so I'm really looking forward to this new version! Some of the new features sound really exciting (especially the multiplayer modes & leaderboards).

zigg

Have there been any eShop card sales since Best Buy? Debating whether to just go full price or hold off for another potential deal.

donny2112

Have there been any eShop card sales since Best Buy?

Best Buy had a 10% off sale a couple of weeks ago. They don't go on sale often, though. Think the previous one to the December Best Buy sale was the previous December Best Buy sale. :)

Runner 2 is a definite yes if you're a fan of platformers.

It's not nearly as hard as the first one, in fact it's downright easy for the most part if you ignore the gold throughout the level, but if you were a fan of besting your times in MSF, you should love this game. It'll show your friends top scores any time you finish a level, and if you're like me, you'll replay them until you're on top.

Thanks for the recommendation.

GulAtiCa

Best Buy had a 10% off sale a couple of weeks ago. They don't go on sale often, though. Think the previous one to the December Best Buy sale was the previous December Best Buy sale. :)

Yep, I've bought $500 eShop credit worth from that deal in December. I'm good for a while. :)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just gonna buy the game together with Spin The Bottle and I need as many people as possible for comparing scores on RUNNER 2 and other score based games and whatnot! That always makes me enjoy games a whole lot more, whenever there's leaderboards I feel compelled to keep playing' till I'm on the top bracket if it's a game I particularly enjoy.

Add me guys :)

Dash.Kappei

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/dash.kappei

Hiccup

Banned

It was 20% off. I got myself $500 for $400. Good times.

rpmurphy

BWAHAHAHA that Percy's Predicament Wii U game literally looks like it was ported from the PSX.
Watching the trailer only reminded me of how much I miss playing the Super Monkey Ball games on the GC. Why is the franchise so shit nowadays? :(

Glass Joe

BWAHAHAHA that Percy's Predicament Wii U game literally looks like it was ported from the PSX.

I had the same initial reaction, so I feel ya. But we're also in a time where we applaud Mutant Mudds for being all "12-Bit" in style, Mighty Switch Force 2 being like a SNES game, and Shovel Knight actively going after the 8-bit look, all for around or under the price of an SNES VC game.

A typical N64 rom on VC goes for $10. Percy's Predicament is only $5.99. I agree it looks lazy and bland (and should run 60 fps), but it appears to be priced as it should be valued. At least it isn't Superman 64 on store shelves for $60.

So I guess I'm forgiving it somewhat due to price. Still, it looks like a community college student's exam, so I'm not interested. The point still stands, when beating up indies though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just gonna buy the game together with Spin The Bottle and I need as many people as possible for comparing scores on RUNNER 2 and other score based games and whatnot! That always makes me enjoy games a whole lot more, whenever there's leaderboards I feel compelled to keep playing' till I'm on the top bracket if it's a game I particularly enjoy.

Add me guys :)

Dash.Kappei

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/dash.kappei

I'll add you next time I hop on, you may make me jump back into Runner 2 depending on how well you do :D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Watching the trailer only reminded me of how much I miss playing the Super Monkey Ball games on the GC. Why is the franchise so shit nowadays? :(

Don't remind me man. The first one is a classic, still play it with friends from time to time when we get together.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
The LEGO Movie Videogame - €39.99/£34.99
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party - €8.99

Wii U VC
Dr. Mario (NES) - €4.99/£3.49 (If you have purchased Dr. Luigi by 20/02/2014 you can download Dr. Mario for free from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U!)

3DS
Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks - €34.99/£34.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame - €39.99/£34.99
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! €39.99/£34.99
Spot the Differences! - €9.99/£8.99
Games Festival 1 Demo

===
Price Reductions

3DS
Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends February 20, regular price €3.99)
Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends February 20, regular price €3.99)
Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99 (Ends March 12, regular price €2.99)

sakipon

Wii U VC
Dr. Mario (NES) - €4.99/£3.49 (If you have purchased Dr. Luigi by 20/02/2014 you can download Dr. Mario for free from Nintendo eShop on the same Wii U!)

I didn't know they were planning to do this. A very nice idea, already got Luigi so will definitely download this.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Hmm...I only wanted to get the NES Dr. Mario, but I think this deal might convince me to get both. So good job there, Nintendo.

Robin64

I normally don't get the NES games on the Wii U's VC because I'd already amassed a large collection on 3DS and didn't want to make them think it was okay to charge twice. However, I'm not going to grumble at £0!

Indeed.

I am concerned, however, with this being the third week in a row with no 3DS Virtual Console games

I really hope something is cooking. Because if it isn't the case, it is really disappointing.

Why the hell, don't they use VC to fill the gaps in their release schedule? And also, wouldn't it be more efficient if they'd have more than just one guy in training period managing the VC? Because it must be the case...
OK, as usual, "let's hope there is a direct coming soon"

L~A

Price for LEGO Movie is actually quite nice.... might be tempted later down the road, though my plate's quite full at the moment.

Other than that and the Dr Mario promotion, pretty meh week overall.

Any word on the eshop title Yumi's Odd Odyssey (Sayonara Umihara Kawase) release?
Last I heard was for January but obviously nothing came from that.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This... seems kind of insanely expensive for a digital-only release of a game that was released in America back in 2012!

...Didn't notice it: it's the first Adventure Time released on 3DS (and DS), and it's now coming in Europe!
...But digital only & at that price. What the heck? :lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, has it seriously been a month? Guess we've got a few more hours until they're switched out.
or Nintendo plays the "NOPE new games on Tuesday" card again

Any word on the eshop title Yumi's Odd Odyssey (Sayonara Umihara Kawase) release?
Last I heard was for January but obviously nothing came from that.

The Natsume Facebook page said the game is 100 percent done and they are just waiting to be released. So at least it is comforting to a certain extent, so that it doesn't end up like the PSP release.

Top Bottom