• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2014

I forgot that you have to pay $10 in order o get funds on the eshop(which sucks). Guess I'll get both Friday monsters and shroud. I'll probably get maiden for that price. Or maybe just get the Phoenix wright dlc.

I'm not sure if there is a misunderstanding, but if you start buying any game on the eShop and you don't have enough money on your account, it lets you add the missing amount.

Cerity

That miiverse promo - super mario bros deluxe codes are being sent out. Check your emails!

cUY0VuJ.png

Got my code! Cool.

Edit: If only the store worked so I could download it. The store is always error error error for me now, I remember never having problems with it in the old days as far as connections go. >_>

So ALL previously released Level 5 Eshop titles are now £2.69/E2.99 until Feb 23rd.
I've held out on Crimson Shroud and Attack of the Friday Monsters, but for that price, I'm going to bite.
As someone who bought both Crimson Shroud and Friday Monsters for about double that I feel a bit confused with my "wait for sale" mantra. I'll certainly being waiting for a sale on the game this sale is promoting to make up for it...

To make the OP confusing.
It's also up in Australia for $23.40
^ That is Inazuma Eleven 1 btw (this is the only PAL accessible eShop with it*). Level 5 have said no plans for a European release (reasons were quite weird citing download size restrictions as one reason but mainly focusing on the franchise being established in Europe).

*-Maybe New Zealand too. The silver lining is I don't think Australia has Inazuma Eleven 3.

Jucksalbe

Banned
^ That is Inazuma Eleven 1 btw (this is the only PAL accessible eShop with it*). Level 5 have said no plans for a European release (reasons were quite weird citing download size restrictions as one reason but mainly focusing on the franchise being established in Europe).

As far as I understood it's up everywhere except for the UK. It at least has an entry on the German WiiU eShop.

Chairhome

Tempted by Inazuma Eleven, but I'm deeply invested in Bravely Default right now. Rusty's Baseball actually looks kind of fun, but I'm a little put off with the whole haggling thing. It looked like there were a lot of minigames, was that $4 price per game?

NES Remix 2 has me so pumped. Way better selection of games. I'll have to try to finish playing the first one soon. One YouTube comment that I saw makes total sense: all of those games will be on the VC before release (since they kind of use the game to "advertise" those classics).

Jucksalbe

Banned
One YouTube comment that I saw makes total sense: all of those games will be on the VC before release (since they kind of use the game to "advertise" those classics).

Yes, of course. For Europe this means Wario's Woods and Ice Hockey, for the US it's SMB3, SMB2j, Ice Hockey, NES Open and Dr. Mario by April 25th.

terrisus

Lost Levels was never really that much of an issue anyway, thanks to being able to get as many lives as one wants in the first stage.

Jucksalbe

Banned
And being able to continue at the beginning of the world. But you only get one life for world 9, so it's nice to have Restore Points.

Boogiepop

I've asked in the past, but I'll ask again: just how unplayable is Liberation Maiden for lefties? Any chance I could wing it? I was kind of able to make it work by using my thumb on the dumb Pokemon Super Training minigame, so maybe I could manage here? Also, is Bugs vs. Tanks at all worthwhile?

Already have Crimson Shroud and Attack of the Friday Monsters, and at that price I'll probably go ahead and grab Starship Damrey and Aeroporter.

Anyone?

also

Banned

This is what I wrote a long time ago for the 3DS review thread.

You use the slide pad to move, the L button to strafe (you either hold it or press it to toggle, set this in the options) and the stylus to aim and fire. You have two weapons (you get the second one in stage 2). For the first one, you move your reticule over enemies to automatically lock onto them and then lift the stylus to fire. If you keep targeting an enemy you will do a more powerful charge attack. The second one is a laser that automatically fires where your reticule is.
There's no left handed mode, BUT it might be easier to control than Kid Icarus; since the first weapons locks onto enemies, you can just kind of move your reticule over them, you don't need as much precision. If you are at least a little bit skilled with your right hand, you should give it a try
I'm sure you could make it through on easy.

oatmeal

Banned
Sonic Racing dropping down to 20 would be up to Sega. Deus Ex dropping down to 20 would be up to Square Enix. Splinter Cell dropping down to 20 would be up to Ubisoft.

Nintendo can only really discount games they have published. Out of those they can't freely tamper with games they don't fully own like Bravely Default for example.
Well I'm not sure what's happening because you can get those same games on all other systems for a lot cheaper. I would say Nintendo has something to do with it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Well I'm not sure what's happening because you can get those same games on all other systems for a lot cheaper. I would say Nintendo has something to do with it.

Actually, in the US eshop Ubi has put their games on sale several times *except* for Splinter Cell. To me it sounds like it's entirely them, hoping to get a few more full price sales from the game before beginning to place it in the digital bargain bin.

Meanwhile I believe there was a sale on Splinter Cell in the EU eshop - go figure.

zroid

Banned
I hadn't bought Liberation Maiden till now precisely because of the left-handed problem, but for $2.99 I'm willing to give it a try. I was fine with Kid Icarus' controls (although I had to use my thumb instead of the stylus), so hopefully the same will be true.

GeekyDad

I hadn't bought Liberation Maiden till now precisely because of the left-handed problem, but for $2.99 I'm willing to give it a try. I was fine with Kid Icarus' controls (although I had to use my thumb instead of the stylus), so hopefully the same will be true.

Please report back with your true opinions. I'm also left-handed and haven't bothered with it our Nintendo's cowboy TD game because of that reason.

Shiggy

I just downloaded Mario Bros DX as they sent out the codes today. How can I use the multiplayer functions though?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Please report back with your true opinions. I'm also left-handed and haven't bothered with it our Nintendo's cowboy TD game because of that reason.
The expanded version called Dillon's Rolling Western The Last Ranger supports left-handed controls by using the ABXY buttons.
I really hated the game myself, my worst eShop purchase by far.

I just downloaded Mario Bros DX as they sent out the codes today. How can I use the multiplayer functions though?
You can't. The only 3DS VC games with multiplayer/connectivity for now are NES games.

Regarding left handed stuff.
For Art Style Base 10/CODE/DECODE they had the cheek to say this:
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=83965 said:
As you have found, there is no option in Art Style: BASE 10 which will allow players to switch the game from the right side to the left side. Since the game requires players to make simple sliding motions with the stylus, it is unlikely that this will cause any issues.

I wanted to let you know that this game was tested extensively by left-handed testers before its release, and there were no issues reported. If you are having difficulty using the game, you may want to try adapting your playing style slightly. We recommend that left-handed players hold the Nintendo DSi with their right hand, while controlling the stylus with their left hand. Keeping their left wrist towards the bottom of the system will ensure that the touch screen isn’t blocked during gameplay.

I appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us regarding left handed players and this game. Rest assured that your email will be forwarded on to the appropriate department for further review. - Mina Harris, Nintendo of America Inc.
Of course Gulid02 is not Nintendo...and no issues in the case of base 10 was left screen being blocked by your hand plus smudging the screen w/it (info is not that useful).

Sendou

I don't think they do. Wii U is just irrevelant in the eyes' of many and the publishers don't seem to have much initiative to do stuff like this on it.

Weng

A friend of mine found this on the EU eShop:

hni_0023_mpoxidbw.jpg

hni_0024_mpozhkmz.jpg

Prior to this, there have never been any Activision games on the Wii U eShop AFAIK. On the second image it reads: "Not available on Nintendo eShop for Wii U" The banner shows the logo of the Free Fall pre-order map (which didn't come to Wii U).

Probably doesn't mean anything though.

zroid

Banned

Okay well I just played through the first level on Normal difficulty, which took about 10 minutes. I tried using both stylus and thumb, and both seemed to work fine. I think this game is actually easier to control as a lefty than even Kid Icarus' on-rails sections, because the aiming doesn't seem to demand much precision at all. It's just the first level so this might change, but for now, you kind of just do wide sweeps to lock on to your targets and then release to fire. It's very easy. I don't think it's ever not going to feel awkward holding a stylus in my right hand, but the game seems very playable so far.

I'm still trying to grasp the movement controls though, they are quite bizarre.

joedick

I still don't get why he haven't heard anything on the US getting SMB DX...

Probably Nintendo's happy with the % of Wii U owners in the US who have a Nintendo Network ID, and so don't feel it necessary to give away a game in their most lucrative franchise.

oatmeal

Banned
Actually, in the US eshop Ubi has put their games on sale several times *except* for Splinter Cell. To me it sounds like it's entirely them, hoping to get a few more full price sales from the game before beginning to place it in the digital bargain bin.

Meanwhile I believe there was a sale on Splinter Cell in the EU eshop - go figure.

Yeah, the EU shop had a great sale recently.

Sucks...

gerudoman

You can't. The only 3DS VC games with multiplayer/connectivity for now are NES games.
So is it now impossible to play the Vs Boo mode even if it doesn't require another person or console to link? As far as I remember it was in the Vs Mode section, but I can't access it. Maybe you have to unlock it, but I can't remember.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
So is it now impossible to play the Vs Boo mode even if it doesn't require another person or console to link? As far as I remember it was in the Vs Mode section, but I can't access it. Maybe you have to unlock it, but I can't remember.

The Vs. Boo mode is in the mode select screen, if I remember it right. I think you have to beat Boo on the highscore list to unlock it.

steveovig

I'm just frustrated that NOA is always giving us the shaft when the other two branches get stuff like that. I would like to get SMB Deluxe free like everyone else in the world.

Glass Joe

Prior to this, there have never been any Activision games on the Wii U eShop AFAIK. On the second image it reads: "Not available on Nintendo eShop for Wii U" The banner shows the logo of the Free Fall pre-order map (which didn't come to Wii U).

Probably doesn't mean anything though.

I don't think it means anything. In the US, Ghosts doesn't have a listing on the eShop, despite most other retail-only titles having an entry (even Black Ops II). I think they just forgot to add it -- you should still be able to see screen shots and demos and rate non-eShop games 1 to 5 stars.

I'm just frustrated that NOA is always giving us the shaft when the other two branches get stuff like that. I would like to get SMB Deluxe free like everyone else in the world.

I don't pay close enough attention to this stuff I guess. Since they're always giving us the shaft, could you list several examples?

This Mario talk makes me realise I've had quite a few free games from Nintendo the past couple of years:

SMB DX, New Art Academy, Zelda: Four Swords, Kid Icarus 3D, Excitebike 3D, Animal Crossing, 20 Ambassador Games...

Those added to the 'free' Club Nintendo stuff means I can't complain at all really!
Plus there were codes I gave away for free copies of Monster Hunter and another Animal Crossing. Payback for NOE treating us like shit for years I guess.

JavyOO7

I don't pay close enough attention to this stuff I guess. Since they're always giving us the shaft, could you list several examples?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013...ter-Gift-Hunt-Together-Promotion--761266.html
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns...w-Leaf-Welcome-a-Friend-Promotion-789519.html
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...er_mario_3d_land_promotion_for_new_3ds_owners
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_offers_free_game_in_so_many_games_promotion

Get Dr. Luigi in EU and get Dr. Mario VC for free.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/nintendo_download_13th_february_europe

And of course EU and JPN got SMB Deluxe. NOA didn't.

Not a promotion or anything, but a game. JPN got it now EU is getting it but nothing for NA. Its OT, but yeah... =p

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...tball_club_confirmed_for_17th_april_in_europe

For the reverse, you can say that SMTIV not being in EU but in NA and JPN sucks. I do hope Nintendo does something for that.

NOA needs to get on the ball. NOE is on the ball for the most part...

Top Bottom