• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - February 2014

Jucksalbe

Banned
Not sure if that's good for the WiiU or sad for Mutant Mudds. But I would attribute this to higher visibility, I didn't even know the game was released on PS3 and Vita.

L~A

Wii U Virtual Console

Super C

Wii U DLC/update

Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party – Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the multiplayer, download-only game Spin the Bottle: Bumpie’s Party introduces six new fun mini-games.

3DS Download

Spot the Differences!
AeternoBlade – available on Feb. 18

eShop sale

Games by Rising Star – For a limited time, select Rising Star games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™, including games like Beyblade Evolution, Jewel Master: Cradle of Rome 2 and Girl’s Fashion Shoot. The offer is available starting today and will run until 9 a.m. PT on March 13.

Get Virtue's Last Reward and Haku... ah damn, Rising Star Games didn't publish those games in the US. Shoot.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Hmm...not much this week. At least Super C is nice. But I guess we'll have to wait and see if the Direct will add something to that list.

Coppanuva

What's this Aeternoblade game? Looking at pics it looks like it could be kinda cool, is it a digital only release or not? Gamestop doesn't have any data for it, but it comes out on a Tuesday which is normally for digital releases of retail only titles, so I'm a bit confused.

Also is it any good if it's come out anywhere?

Drago

Super C, nice. Will upgrade.

Hoping for a nice VC surprise in the Direct today. N64/GBA/DS maybe... hahahaha :(

Hmm, pretty small update this week. Wonder if we'll be getting a bit more "instantly available" downloads following the Nintendo Direct?

Somnid

Super C eh? Is there some publishing/legal/licensing rights with the NES version of Contra (afraid of Aliens/Predator ripoffs)? That's the third time they skipped over it yet we know that MSX and Arcade versions are fine. I don't get it.

Jucksalbe

Banned
That's the third time they skipped over it yet we know that MSX and Arcade versions are fine. I don't get it.

Well, technically they haven't been releasing the Contra games in order anyway, so we don't know yet if it'll be skipped again this time or not, but still, it's strange.

Davey Cakes

Super C, nice. Will upgrade.

Hoping for a nice VC surprise in the Direct today. N64/GBA/DS maybe... hahahaha :(
I'm not going to expect it but at the same time, I'll be puzzled if VC isn't mentioned at all.

Nintendo has to address the lack of N64 games and has to acknowledge the GBA VC, since it was, y'know, already mentioned in a previous Direct.

And it's not like VC announcements are unheard of. Earthbound happened.

HyperHip

Will give Aeternoblade a shot, despite some flaws I liked what I played of the demo and want to see more games like it on eShop.

Drago

I'm not going to expect it but at the same time, I'll be puzzled if VC isn't mentioned at all.

Nintendo has to address the lack of N64 games and has to acknowledge the GBA VC, since it was, y'know, already mentioned in a previous Direct.

And it's not like VC announcements are unheard of. Earthbound happened.
I go into every major Direct thinking "they have to show off more VC platforms this time, right? it has been so long!" and every single time I leave disappointed.

I'm not expecting anything regarding VC anymore. all I have left are crushed hopes and dreams :<

Fularu

Banned
I go into every major Direct thinking "they have to show off more VC platforms this time, right? it has been so long!" and every single time I leave disappointed.

I'm not expecting anything regarding VC anymore. all I have left are crushed hopes and dreams :<

I just want my Shining Force games on the WiiU game pad man :(

TehOh

Wow, barren release list. Really hoping for some surprise announcements at the Direct today. Otherwise, this is a pretty awful week.

sörine

Banned

I think we have a good shot at TG16 at least this direct. Maybe N64 if we're lucky.

Jucksalbe

Banned
European eShop has updated. Don't forget that you get Dr. Mario free if you bought Dr. Luigi! And don't forget that's this week only!

tolkir

Week finito

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (KnapNok Games | DLC)
    New Minigames (Free)

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Rayman Legends (Ubisoft | $39.99 Permanent, was $59.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Beyblade Evolution (Rising Star Games | $19.95 until 03/13, then $29.95)
  • Jewel Master: Cradle of Rome 2 (Rising Star Games | $9.95 until 03/13, then $29.95)
  • Girls' Fashion Shoot (Rising Star Games | $14.95 until 03/13, then $29.95)
  • Super Black Bass 3D (Rising Star Games | $9.95 until 03/13, then $19.95)

vYU92.png

• Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party (KnapNok Games | DLC)
    New Minigames (Free)

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Dr. Mario (Nintendo | NES *US Version* | &#8364;4.99 | £3.59)

Wii U | Sales

• Dr. Mario (Nintendo | Free until 02/20 if you own Dr. Luigi, then &#8364;4.99 | £3.59)

• Games Festival 1 (Bigben Interactive | Demo Version)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Sweet Memories Blackjack (CIRCLE Ent. | &#8364;2.99 | £2.69 until 02/20, then &#8364;3.99 | £3.59)
  • Brunch Panic (CIRCLE Ent. | &#8364;2.99 | £2.69 until 02/20, then &#8364;3.99 | £3.59)
  • Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games | &#8364;0.99 | £0.89 until 03/12, then &#8364;2.99 | £2.69)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DsiWare

Somnid

Well, technically they haven't been releasing the Contra games in order anyway, so we don't know yet if it'll be skipped again this time or not, but still, it's strange.

I can't think of any series on VC that released out of order on the same platform (between platforms happens all the time though).

GBA/N64/TG-16 or any other VC related info in Nintendo Direct is pretty wishful thinking considering it's been about ten months since Wii U VC was launched with SMW and they still won't give NA shop SMB 3 but I guess we'll see.

Super C eh? Is there some publishing/legal/licensing rights with the NES version of Contra (afraid of Aliens/Predator ripoffs)? That's the third time they skipped over it yet we know that MSX and Arcade versions are fine. I don't get it.

I doubt it, Gradius 2 PC Engine is still available on the OG Wii Shop and the second stage of the game is filled with facehuggers and alien eggs ripped right from the movie.

I believe the NES version was included with Contra 4 so it doesn't appear that there should be any issues, but who knows. Super C isn't the easy sell that Contra is despite being regarded as a worthy follow up to the original so it's difficult to see what Konami/Nintendo's incentive is in releasing it first or only.

Somnid

I believe the NES version was included with Contra 4 so it doesn't appear that there should be any issues, but who knows. Super C isn't the easy sell that Contra is despite being regarded as a worthy follow up to the original so it's difficult to see what Konami/Nintendo's incentive is in releasing it first or only.

Good point, it was included so I guess that just means we've whittled it down to Konami sucking.

Super Mario Bros.?

I guess for Wii U in the west that was true, also FF6 in Japan for Wii U. Still, I'm not filled with confidence.

Jucksalbe

Banned
So, from the Nintendo Direct we can add Steel Diver and Inazuma Eleven to this week's releases. Doesn't make the week much better, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Up for the US, it's 1573 blocks, or 196.6 MB. Might as well check it out. Might get a Club Nintendo survey out of it.

So ALL previously released Level 5 Eshop titles are now £2.69/E2.99 until Feb 23rd.
I've held out on Crimson Shroud and Attack of the Friday Monsters, but for that price, I'm going to bite.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Oh, is that for Europe only? Didn't hear anything about this on the NA stream.
Well, then everyone who skipped them should really pick up Attack of the Friday Monsters, Starship Damrey and Crimson Shroud for that price.

iiicon

Oh, is that for Europe only? Didn't hear anything about this on the NA stream.
Well, then everyone who skipped them should really pick up Attack of the Friday Monsters, Starship Damrey and Crimson Shroud for that price.
It sounds like the sale is on for North Americans too.

RpgN

Hmmm...3 euros is so little, now I might l buy Starship Damrey to end the curiosity. Not sure about the rest of the games that aren't Crimson Shroud and Attack Friday Monsters.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I liked both Liberation Maiden and Aero Porter. But Liberation Maiden is pretty short and even within that short time very repetitive, Aero Porter is very hard. I think there was one other game, but I don't remember what it was.

RpgN

It was the Tanks vs. Bugs game?

Those 3 games are the one with the least interest I have of them, I'll look into them but it's going to be pushing it to make them purchase worthy (probably won't tbh).

Top Bottom