• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

Weng

If enough people voice their interest, Broken Age will come to Wii U.

42DhGeh.png

They just totally seem to have killed off the Japanese 3DS virtual console releases. I was excited when Lolo came out recently, and was hoping that Adventures of Lolo 2(3US) might make it out soon.
That said, I also had no idea that there were 4 new Kunio Kun beat-em-ups for 3DS until I saw that they were spotlighting the series on the Japanese e-store. I only knew about the Renegade remake. Has anyone played any of them? Riki Densetsu looks pretty affordable. SP is pricey, but looks to have a ton of content, and the fantasy game looks funny, even if it seems kind of bland.

Ondore

Strange that we haven't gotten the NA VC WiiU game for tomorrow from nintendo.com yet (Minish Cap still shows TBD). Have they finally wised up?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was starting to think Pushmo World came out today, but realized we've still got 2 more weeks. Now the question is if I can be patient enough to wait until July since I wanna use the credit I'll earn from the free game after registering Mario Kart 8.

maxcriden

Chubbins is getting solid reviews so far:

Chubbins got a 7/10 review from Nintendo Life:

Chubbins is a deceptively difficult old-school platformer that's all about managing your angles and learning to bounce at just the right moment. If you can look past its generic art style, you'll find cunning level design that takes advantage of the jumping mechanic the game revolves around in unique ways. The frustrating difficulty means you'll be replaying some sequences over and over, so be prepared for some repetition, but as a low budget small-studio effort this is impressive.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/chubbins

I'm glad this game is turning out to be solid after all!

ETA: here's another 7/10 review, this time from Always Nintendo:

An indie platformer with a retro style difficulty, Definitely not for the feint of heart, but great for those who love a challenge.

http://alwaysnintendo.com/chubbins-wii-u-eshop/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is press.nintendo.com down for anyone else? Maybe it's just me, but this is the first week Nintendo has made it hard to find out what's coming out today. No early listings on their site, & now the press site is down.

tebunker

Banned
Anyone else get the 1001 spikes discount on WiiU? I got the game for $10.01 but didn't see anywhere why I got a discount.

I do own Cave Story on WiiWare but I thought the loyalty discount was 3Ds only and I have never had a 3ds

90sRobots

Is press.nintendo.com down for anyone else? Maybe it's just me, but this is the first week Nintendo has made it hard to find out what's coming out today. No early listings on their site, & now the press site is down.
Yeah, this is probably why reliable leaks like Wikipedia came up dry this morning. Should hopefully be up before noon.

L~A

NA:

Wii U Retail

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (available 6/10)

Wii U Virtual Console

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

Wii U Download

1001 Spikes
Chubbins
I’ve Got to Run!

3DS Retail

Tomodachi Life (available 6/6)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (available 6/10)

3DS Download

1001 Spikes
Color Zen

eShop sales

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars – For a limited time, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars is available at the discounted price of $29.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Select downloadable content from the game is also available at a discounted price. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on June 9.

Just Dance Game Sale – For a limited time, save 50 percent on select Just Dance games in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, including Just Dance® 2014. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on June 9.

Bit Boy!! ARCADE – Help Kubi and Bernd through this action-focused time-traveling adventure. Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on June 26, Bit Boy!! ARCADE is 40 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Treva Entertainment Game Sale – For a limited time, Treva Entertainment is discounting select games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including Riding Stables 3D and Riding Stables 3D: Jumping For the Team. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on June 25.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars – For a limited time, Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars is available at the discounted price of $29.99...
I remember saying a while ago that Atlus USA publishing in Europe would mean sales. Yeah about that, given how much newer the game is in Europe I will wait until the second sale before burning Atlus USA with a stake.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes but they update every Thursday...E3 is practically over by then

They often announce this kinda stuff when their Nintendo Direct is running, so i wouldnt be surprised if there will be a special sale after their Digital Event has finished.

Richie

On the Wii U side, last year's E3 gave us Megaman 2, 3 and 4 (coinciding with his Smash reveal).

Pac-Attack, Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures and Pac-In-Time upcoming :p

maxcriden

Anyone else get the 1001 spikes discount on WiiU? I got the game for $10.01 but didn't see anywhere why I got a discount.

I do own Cave Story on WiiWare but I thought the loyalty discount was 3Ds only and I have never had a 3ds

I think it's a promotional price; 1001 = $10.01 and all. I got it for the same price and haven't bought any Nicalis games on 3DS yet.

I'm still bitter about the lack of Batman sales on NA, but I'll gladly buy The Minish Cap. And the timing is perfect, I've just entered the final dungeon in Oracle of Ages.

MrMan2k3

If there are any awesome Wii U eShop sales during E3 I'm going to go crazy since I just sent my Wii U out for repair yesterday.

I really wish you could purchase games over the internet like Microsoft and Sony offer for their systems. Nintendo did mention that was in the works at one point, right? Maybe I'll luck out and that will be made available during E3.

If there are any awesome Wii U eShop sales during E3 I'm going to go crazy since I just sent my Wii U out for repair yesterday.

I really wish you could purchase games over the internet like Microsoft and Sony offer for their systems. Nintendo did mention that was in the works at one point, right? Maybe I'll luck out and that will be made available during E3.
Yup they've talked about it but I guess it got prioritized lower along with the Miiverse phone app.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
ok.
how to survive VS child of light

which one better fit these requirements?

offtv
touch based controls
short play session
longevity

please help me

Sendou

I'm for sure interested. That's awesome and I was really hoping it could happen.

Broken Age is an amazing game and right at home on Wii U. I really hope they would go through with this so that my fellow Wii U owners could experience the game.

Top Bottom