• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

maxcriden

Broken Age is an amazing game and right at home on Wii U. I really hope they would go through with this so that my fellow Wii U owners could experience the game.

I'm glad to hear you dug it, and am looking forward to playing it. I'll get in on my MacBook Air otherwise, I think it would run alright on there hopefully. Maybe they'll wait till both episodes are out to port it.

Birathen

Is it just me having problems with downloading How to survive from the eshop or is there some general problem? Every thing else seems to be working internet-wise on the wiiu.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft | $24.99 until 06/09, then $49.99)
  • Just Dance Kids 2014 (Ubisoft | $14.99 until 06/09, then $29.99)
  • Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft | $24.99 until 06/09, then $49.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (Atlus | $29.99 until 06/09, then $39.99)
  • Bit Boy!! Arcade (Bplus | $4.80 until 06/26, then $7.99)

vYU92.png

• How to Survive (505 Games | €13.99 | £12.59)

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Wario Land 4 (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | €6.99 | £6.29)

Wii U | Sales

• TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Keen Games | €4.99 | £4.49 until 06/19, then €7.99 | £6.99)
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Bandai Namco Games | €14.99 | £9.99 until 06/29, then €29.99 | £19.99)
  • Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Bandai Namco Games | €14.49 | £12.19 until 06/29, then €44.99 | £36.99)
  • Ben 10: Omniverse (Bandai Namco Games | €9.99 | £6.69 until 06/29, then €29.99 | £19.99)
  • Ben 10: Omniverse 2 (Bandai Namco Games | €14.99 | £13.69 until 06/29, then €39.99 | £36.99)
  • Family Party: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (Bandai Namco Games | €9.99 | £9.99 until 06/29, then €19.99 | £19.99)
  • Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Bandai Namco Games | €19.99 | £16.29 until 06/29, then €44.99 | £36.99)
  • Rise of the Guardians (Bandai Namco Games | €15.49 | £11.99 until 06/29, then €44.99 | £35.99)
  • The Croods: Prehistoric Party (Bandai Namco Games | €9.99 | £6.59 until 06/29, then €29.99 | £19.99)
  • Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (Bandai Namco Games | €14.49 | £12.19 until 06/29, then €44.99 | £36.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Hometown Story (Rising Star Games | €19.99 | £19.99 until 06/12, then €29.99 | £29.99)
  • Project x Zone (Bandai Namco Games | €17.49 £13.99 until 06/29, then €34.99 | £27.99)
  • One Piece Romance Dawn (Bandai Namco Games | €14.99 | £12.19 until 06/29, then €34.99 | £28.49)
  • Regular Show: Mordecai & Rigby in 8-Bit Land (Bandai Namco Games | €9.99 | £8.29 until 06/29, then €34.99 | £28.49)
  • Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Bandai Namco Games | €9.99 | £8.29 until 06/29, then €34.99 | £28.49)
  • Ben 10: Omniverse 2 (Bandai Namco Games | €14.99 | £12.19 until 06/29, then €34.99 | £28.49)
  • Madagascar 3 & The Croods: Combo Pack (Bandai Namco Games | €14.99 | £12.19 until 06/29, then €34.99 | £28.49)
  • Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Bandai Namco Gamses | €17.49 | £14.19 until 06/29, then €34.99 | £28.49)
  • Power Rangers Megaforce (Bandai Namco Games | €9.99 | £8.29 until 06/29, then €34.99 | £28.49)
  • Turbo: Super Stunt Squad (Bandai Namco Games | €9.99 | £8.29 until 06/29, then €34.99 | £28.49)
  • The Croods: Prehistoric Party (Bandai Namco Games | €9.99 | £8.29 until 06/29, then €34.99 | £28.49)
  • Wakeda (CIRCLE Ent. | €1.99 | £1.79 until 06/26, then €2.99 | £2.50)
  • Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent. | €1.99 | £1.79 until 06/26, then €4.00 | £3.60)
  • World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent. | €3.99 | £3.59 until 06/26, then €4.99 | £4.49)
  • Monster Shooter (Gamelion | €2.10 | £1.99 until 07/03, then €4.00 | £3.20)

Nintendo DSi | DsiWare

• Jewel Match (Joindots | 500 Nintendo Points)

uxwGK.png

• Edge (Rainy Frog | ¥400)

Wii U | Virtual Console

Sendou

I'm glad to hear you dug it, and am looking forward to playing it. I'll get in on my MacBook Air otherwise, I think it would run alright on there hopefully. Maybe they'll wait till both episodes are out to port it.

Well Broken Age just came out on Ouya earlier this week (or was it last?) so I don't think that's what is stopping them.

I would dare to say Wii U makes a lot more sense than Ouya but what do I know!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Is it just me having problems with downloading How to survive from the eshop or is there some general problem? Every thing else seems to be working internet-wise on the wiiu.

let me know if you succeed, and impressions on the game, especially regarding the points I mentioned, if you like!

btw, PAL gaf, buy Tekken, is great!

daydream

Banned
FFS Nintendo where is Pocket football for the US, the world cup is right around the corner

We'll trade you NPFC for Rusty!

(I feel like our chances of getting Rusty are significantly lower than US getting Football Club. For all the wrong reasons, too.)

Birathen

let me know if you succeed, and impressions on the game, especially regarding the points I mentioned, if you like!

I managed to trick the download to start by sharing my phones internet, once it started I switched back and the download continued :3

I did not play long enough to give a proper impression, battery on the pad ran out :p Seems fun thou, kinda like Dont starve but with zombies and quests. Im not sure if the game has a end goal or if its survive as long as you can. I will check your checklist tomorrow and try to answere if no one has befoe me. The touch controls seems to be for inventory, crafting, eating foods and skillupgrading thou. Map is displayed on pad.

Ill get right on buying Tekken. I did like Killer instinct on Xbone and that superhero fighting game even thou I usually dont care much for fighting games. (I have no one to play local MP with :'( )

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I managed to trick the download to start by sharing my phones internet, once it started I switched back and the download continued :3

I did not play long enough to give a proper impression, battery on the pad ran out :p Seems fun thou, kinda like Dont starve but with zombies and quests. Im not sure if the game has a end goal or if its survive as long as you can. I will check your checklist tomorrow and try to answere if no one has befoe me.

Ill get right on buying Tekken. I did like Killer instinct on Xbone and that superhero fighting game even thou I usually dont care much for fighting games. (I have no one to play local MP with :'( )

thanks!!!

I played through How to Survive on PC in co-op. I really wouldn't recommend it unless you're going to play with someone. The game is quite dull and repetitive.

I'm really tempted to get Tekken, but I don't know how much I'll play it...

Shauni

Finally, Minish Cap for America. I feel stupid, because it took me a second to get the joke with 1001 Spikes and it's price. Shame that America never seems to get all the good sells.

So I heard that Grinsia has problems. It got a patch but there's still issues with it freezing.

Anyone know the deal? I was gonna buy it, but not if it's unplayable.

GeekyDad

Considering Atlus' other sales, I'll wait 'til Conception II is $15. Was really looking forward to the game until I played the demo. Wasn't great, but I'd still like to play through it once.

GulAtiCa

O2 GAMES is going to be in a lot of trouble. She is right, us devs are not allowed to post on other communities, Nintendo is REALLY big about that rule. Esp when it comes to petty stuff like this..

This is what the full thread looked like:
http://i.imgur.com/vf0OnSk.png
You can't report verified users, huh? But if they are not allowed to post outside of their communities by TOS, shouldn't there be some sort of restriction bulit-into the Miiverse itself. (I'd pay to see that update)

pariah164

3DSXLGaf, I need some help.

I take very good care of my 3DS XL. Had it since 2012. I use screen protectors, a microfiber cloth between the top and bottom screens, I don't slam it shut, and I always use a protective case when I take it out and about.

So imagine my shock/dismay/confusion when I get home, open up my 3DS, and see strange brown smudges. The tiniest of spots on my top screen. I used my microfiber, tried to wipe them off, no dice. Took off my screen protector very carefully, cleaned again, still no dice. It's not a crack, from what I can tell, and in the grand scheme of things, it's probably not a huge deal, but it's still annoying to look at.

I am deathly afraid to take it apart, even though my warranty is dead and gone by now. I don't even think I can send it in. What do GAF? Has anyone else had this happen to them? Buying a new 3DS really isn't in my budget right now.

Bert409

So apparently 540 of my Club Nintendo coins are expiring at the end of the month for some bullshit reason. I'm thinking of purchasing Super Metroid for Wii U to use up some coins...only problem being I'm not getting a Wii U console until well into Fall. Would my download code still work months after purchasing it?

So apparently 540 of my Club Nintendo coins are expiring at the end of the month for some bullshit reason. I'm thinking of purchasing Super Metroid for Wii U to use up some coins...only problem being I'm not getting a Wii U console until well into Fall. Would my download code still work months after purchasing it?

Mine is still valid, I did the same thing. It just chills out in my email/CN rewards page. I think the codes don't expire for years, if at all.

Worst comes to worst, the coins were going to disappear anyway.

donny2112

I am deathly afraid to take it apart, even though my warranty is dead and gone by now. I don't even think I can send it in. What do GAF? Has anyone else had this happen to them? Buying a new 3DS really isn't in my budget right now.

Out of warranty just means that you'd have to pay the repair costs. Nintendo could still fix (and/or replace it) for less than a new system cost. If you do want to avoid sending it in and can't stand the brown spot, could always look for a used 3DSXL in your budget range and then transfer your content to it.

JoeM86

Holiday in Germany this week, if I recall correctly, so not sure if we'll get a PR today.

Got my eye out, though.

GRW810

Holiday in Germany this week, if I recall correctly, so not sure if we'll get a PR today.

Got my eye out, though.
How many bloody holidays do Germany have?! Seems like every few Mondays.

I wonder if we'll get some extra special offerings in E3 week. Has that happened in previous years? Didn't we get Link's Awakening on E3 morning a few years ago?

JoeM86

I wonder if we'll get some extra special offerings in E3 week. Has that happened in previous years? Didn't we get Link's Awakening on E3 morning a few years ago?

Yeah.

Really though, they'll be surprises and not included in the PR of course. That often happens.

Jucksalbe

Banned

This is the last (national) holiday for quite a while. Most of them are Christian stuff, so naturally we have many of them around Easter, today's Pfingsten (Pentecost). The next national holiday is on October 3rd.

GRW810

Makes sense for Nintendo to hold off on releasing the download list until tomorrow anyway if they're going to spring a surprise. GameCube VC please Nintendo!

Robin64

Another holiday? Sheesh. And I was expecting NoE to accidentally reveal that Mario Maker would be out this week, too. Come on Nintendo, show something at E3 that will be up right away!

Darmik

Wow Tekken is amazing. I love all of the Nintendo content. The music is pretty good too. Anyone on the fence should jump in for sure. I'm a pretty casual guy with fighters but it looks to be another fun local game since it supports 4 player combat.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
My First Songs

Wii U Virtual Console
Super Punch-Out!!
Soccer

3DS
Inazuma Eleven GO: Light
Inazuma Eleven GO: Shadow
Atlantic Quest
AiRace Xeno

3DS Virtual Console
Mach Rider

====
Price Reductions

Nintendo Pocket Football Club™ €11.99 / £10.79 / CHF 16.80 until 19/06/14 23:59 local time.
Football Up 3D €1.74 / £1.49 / CHF 1.99 until 17/07/14 23:59 local time.
2 Fast 4 Gnomz €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.20 until 03/07/14 23:59 local time.
AiRace Speed €2.99 / £2.69 / CHF 4.19 until 03/07/14 23:59 local time.
Bit Boy!! ARCADE €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF 7.00 until 03/07/14 23:59 local time.

Permanent

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag €29.99 / £19.99 / CHF 39.99 – was €69.99 / £55.99 / CHF 92.35
Just Dance® 2014 €29.99 / £19.99 / CHF 39.99 – was €49.99 / £34.99 / CHF 65.95
Just Dance® Kids 2014 €19.99 / £15.99 / CHF 24.99 – was €39.99 / £29.99 / CHF 51.90
Puddle™ €6.99 / £6.29 / CHF 9.80 – was €9.99 / £8.99 / CHF 14.00

Jucksalbe

Banned
Finally, Super Punch-Out! Never played it, so I might get this.

Soccer on the other hand, I thought we were done with Nintendo's simple sports games. I get the World Cup starts this week, but they could have at least pushed for Nintendo World Cup.

m0t0k1

Wow Tekken is amazing. I love all of the Nintendo content. The music is pretty good too. Anyone on the fence should jump in for sure. I'm a pretty casual guy with fighters but it looks to be another fun local game since it supports 4 player combat.

You should play tekken ball with some friends. It is AMAZING. Anybody can pick up and play that. No need for fancy combo's and stuff it really is fun.

Katsuragi

I get the World Cup starts this week, but they could have at least pushed for Nintendo World Cup.

Nintendo World Cup was one of the three games that came with my NES (the other ones were Super Mario Bros and Tetris). My brother and I played it a lot back in the day. I think the Game Boy version is available in Japan (under its original title), but I guess we won't be as lucky in the West.

Robin64

Finally, Super Punch-Out! Never played it, so I might get this

I hold it way above the NES version. It's a bit slower and chunkier, though you'll still need lightning reactions later on.

I wonder if they'll edit the ROM to say Piston Hondo instead of Piston Honda...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
With all these football related games on eshop I (still) hope for a Mario Strikers for Wii U to be announced at E3.

I hold it way above the NES version. It's a bit slower and chunkier, though you'll still need lightning reactions later on.

I wonder if they'll edit the ROM to say Piston Hondo instead of Piston Honda...
Could the gamepad streaming (+1 frame) and mystery emulation lag (+1 frame) cause issues here?

RiggyRob

This week, in Europe

Wii U Virtual Console

Soccer

3DS
Inazuma Eleven GO: Light
Inazuma Eleven GO: Shadow

====
Price Reductions

Nintendo Pocket Football Club™ €11.99 / £10.79 / CHF 16.80 until 19/06/14 23:59 local time.
Football Up 3D €1.74 / £1.49 / CHF 1.99 until 17/07/14 23:59 local time.

Permanent

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag €29.99 / £19.99 / CHF 39.99 – was €69.99 / £55.99 / CHF 92.35

World Cup Fever is rife. Also, that's a great reduction for Assassin's Creed IV, £56 was a ludicrous price.

With all these football related games on eshop I (still) hope for a Mario Strikers for Wii U to be announced at E3.

That'd be one hell of a bomb to drop at E3. Make it so, Nintendo.

Top Bottom