• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

New thread, new all time US eShop charts!

Wii U (all)
01 F-Zero (418) Nintendo
02 Balloon Fight (600) Nintendo
03 Trine 2: Director's Cut (1838) Frozenbyte
04 Little Inferno (1601) Tomorrow Corporation
05 Nano Assault Neo (1153) Shin'en Multimedia
06 Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition (805) WayForward
07 New Super Mario Bros. U (11773) Nintendo
08 The Cave (539) Sega
09 Nintendo Land (13966) Nintendo
10 Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (2162) Sega
11 ZombiU (4603) Ubisoft
12 bit.trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (260) Gaijin Games
13 Puddle (162) Neko Entertainment
14 Scribblenauts Unlimited (2302) WB Games
15 Chasing Aurora (92) Broken Rules
16 Assassin's Creed III (1987) Ubisoft
17 Darksiders II (610) THQ
18 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (863) Nintendo
19 Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition (688) Namco Bandai Games
20 Just Dance 4 (445)

Sorry, new to thread and its not quite clear. What do the numbers in parenthesis beside the title mean? Are those total sles for the month? Sales to date? Your title says "All time new US e-shop charts" , which confused me.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Sorry, new to thread and its not quite clear. What do the numbers in parenthesis beside the title mean? Are those total sles for the month? Sales to date? Your title says "All time new US e-shop charts" , which i was confused.

Number of ratings for each game.

Fandangox

Again, i'm so green... ratings? Of what, and by whom?

Not entirely sure myself but I think that's the total number of user-ratings a game has got.

I think they are based on a 1-5 scale rating, but the number in the charts does not reflect how well has been received unless you specifically view this game on the eShop.

BriBri

You guys should really post those charts in another thread.
Seconded. I know I used to post the Japanese charts (Oracle of Ages/Seasons 1 & 2, Shaun the Sheep video 3 and Animal Crossing 4 btw) but there isn't enough significant happening in the world of Nintendo to see top twenties occupy a bulk of this thread.

And lacklustre UK week but I shouldn't complain, I can't even afford Luigi's Mansion and Monster Hunt until April!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Again, i'm so green... ratings? Of what, and by whom?

Those numbers merely tell you how many times a game has been rated by people who purchased the game. Nintendo doesn't give sales figures or allow devs to talk about sales figures, and we don't know what percentage of customers actually bother to rate the games they buy, but it's all we really have to gauge how things are selling, so they get posted anyway.

@MUWANdo

Banned
They should really give more options when rating.

"Gamers" or "Everyone", "Intense" or "Casual", they're pretty wide parameters.

I don't get why they don't bother publishing the gender/age breakdowns on the reviews page. Maybe they think it constitutes a privacy breach, or maybe they just want to keep those figures private so they can brag about them at investors' briefings, I don't know.

Those numbers merely tell you how many times a game has been rated by people who purchased the game. Nintendo doesn't give sales figures or allow devs to talk about sales figures, and we don't know what percentage of customers actually bother to rate the games they buy, but it's all we really have to gauge how things are selling, so they get posted anyway.

Thanks guys! That clears things up a lot!

watershed

Banned
I don't get why they don't bother publishing the gender/age breakdowns on the reviews page. Maybe they think it constitutes a privacy breach, or maybe they just want to keep those figures private so they can brag about them at investors' briefings, I don't know.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo does that just to collect demographic data just like the club Nintendo surveys.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Since it's come up: would people be interested in a dedicated eShops charts thread? Do you think the charts provide enough information to sustain a thread of their own? Are people really bothered by all the charts posted here?

I'm pretty sure Nintendo does that just to collect demographic data just like the club Nintendo surveys.

Sure, but I don't see the harm in making that data public, too.

zroid

Banned
Yes, I agree about a dedicated charts thread. If we had, like, weekly updates from each region, that might be more palatable for this thread, but as it stands it's a bit much. :p

Mpl90

Mmmh, ok. I'm going to make the brand new thread today. Just charts discussion & speculation.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Discounts

• Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules | €11.99 | £10.79 €5.99 | £5.39) (From 03/14, Until 03/21)

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules | Demo Version) Upcoming (03/14)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Jewel Master Atlantis 3D (cerasus.media | €4.99 | £4.49) Upcoming (03/14)
  • Pets Resort 3D (TREVA Entertainment | €29.99 | £24.99) Upcoming (03/14)
  • Viking Invasion 2: Tower Defense (Bigben Interactive | €7.99 | £6.99) Upcoming (03/14)

• Naruto Powerful Shippuden (Namco Bandai | Demo Version) Upcoming (03/14)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Goony (CIRCLE Entertainment | 200 Points | €1.99 | £1.79) Upcoming (03/14)

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/nano_assault_ex

9/10 for Nano Assault EX.

Conclusion

Nano Assault EX basically offers up exactly what you'd expect from an eShop upgrade release — better controls, more options, and a brand new mode. And as if all of these bonuses weren't enough, Shin'en is also pricing the title at an extremely affordable £12.49/$14.99. Make no mistake, Nano Assault was already an amazing retail shmup — those of you who have picked it up already will know this — but for anyone who's been holding out on purchasing the title, the new upgrades and manageable price should give you all the incentive you need to finally give this impressive shoot 'em up a blast.

I need NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED U and the 3 new DLCs day 1 on eShop please :(

March 19th is going to be awesome or painful get it together Nintendo

TrickRoom

Man, I think the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo spoiled me as a first impression for eShop demos. I spent 10 hours on it and ended up with the subconscious assumption that all of the other demos were like this. In comparison, the demos for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (2 hours + magnagates here and there) and Fire Emblem (thirty minutes) felt like a crash after the high.

Tenki

I need NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED U and the 3 new DLCs day 1 on eShop please :(

March 19th is going to be awesome or painful get it together Nintendo

Most Wanted U is not going to get any DLC, apart from the one that's included. Or at least that's what the EA guy said in a presentation of the game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man, I think the Etrian Odyssey 4 demo spoiled me as a first impression for eShop demos. I spent 10 hours on it and ended up with the subconscious assumption that all of the other demos were like this. In comparison, the demos for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (2 hours + magnagates here and there) and Fire Emblem (thirty minutes) felt like a crash after the high.

Reading this as PAL 3DS owners just hurts.... :-/

Garbage. Why no NES or GBC release?
Like, what is their actual reason, I wonder.

Since when does Nintendo need a reason to screw shit up ? But i would guess, that selling original eShop games from indie devs is more important than filling up the VC libary.

Tenki

when did anyone from EA ever say this?

besides why did the developer name drop Wii U features not once but twice while demoing the PS3 version of the DLCs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laW--xmIRrQ

In an event presenting the game here in Spain. He said that Criterion thought the Wii U game "already had a lot of content so there was no need for more" and I was like "yeah, sure". But he also didn't want to speak about the airport DLC (I don't know the name), saying that it wasn't announced so he couldn't say anything.

He looked like he had no idea what he was talking about tbh.

Mpl90

I've still not decided if the explanation of the charts in the OP of the sales thread should be regular or made by the Kid Icarus: Uprising cast. XD

EA other games are on the eShop, so their is a decent chance.

I think most like me are nervous because of what they did with Mass Effect 3 and DLC on Wii U
ME3 is not on eShop and does not get the final DLCs

so the only hope is Ward for Criterion seems to be a huge Wii U fan as in that demo video above when he talked about if this was Wii U you could do this and that while someone was playing the DLC so it would be strange for it not to come

4Scarr

Banned
there is supposed to be a demo out for NFSMW on the eshop as well. Was hoping it would be this week or next. Regardless I am ready would rather grab it from eshop than boxed retail.

I am looking for some good 3DS games either downloadable or not. I loved Mario 3Dland but I hate Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Any good advise out there? Also, I am not buying Ocarina....I have beat it like 3 times.

Coolwhip

Banned
I want to download Wii U games from the eShop, but for some reason the games are €69.99 here, which is 90 dollars.

ngower

Does anyone know what the 3DS eShop Club Nintendo reward games will be? The current offerings are supposed to have expired yesterday, but are still up. I'm hoping for a VC offering this time around, but time will tell...

zroid

Banned
Does anyone know what the 3DS eShop Club Nintendo reward games will be? The current offerings are supposed to have expired yesterday, but are still up. I'm hoping for a VC offering this time around, but time will tell...

I think in the past it's been updated around 1-2pm Eastern

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

3D Classics Kid Icarus and Starship Defense at 150 coins a piece

Wii ones are Mario Tennis and Super Punch-Out!! also both at 150 coins.

Top Bottom