• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
1)

http://nintendo-okie.com/2013/03/11/nintendo-okie-podcast-episode-156/

In this podcast Andrex's favourite developer :)P) talked about ATV's development, Mutant Mudds Deluxe, Treasurenauts's hint and their eShop FPS. This is a summary from that Nintendo site where you can Go

- Happy with the overall reaction to ATV Wild Ride 3D
- Focused on enhancing visuals
- higher resolution visuals, light mapping, saturation of textures
- Felt they had to have the inclusion of online play
- World Tour Mode was reorganized to make it easier to complete
- One of the most polarizing parts of the game was the tricks
- Lots of risk/rewards in the tricks
- New trick cam shows off tricks better
- PURE was the main inspiration behind the game
- AI was worked on for a long time.
- Spent time to make them feel real and make mistakes sometimes
- Might see different vehicles in a sequel
- Would look at games like SSX or NBA Jam for more extreme ideas in sequel
- Almost put new tracks in the game, but ran out of time
- Finishing up Mutant Mudds Deluxe, should be out in Q2
- Art on all 60 levels had to be reworked for HD screens
- New ghost levels are extremely challenging
- Enemies can’t be shot with regular weapons
- Treasurenauts is not Renegade Kid’s FPS
- Coming to 3DS
- Fans of Dementium will be happy with FPS

2) The sales thread is now open

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522414

JavyOO7

I feel special. I emailed the Puddle studio yesterday when I noticed that Puddle on NA eShop was not listed in the indie games selection like the other games were. So they emailed me back today to say they are going to talk to NOA and NOE. Yay. :)

I feel special. I emailed the Puddle studio yesterday when I noticed that Puddle on NA eShop was not listed in the indie games selection like the other games were. So they emailed me back today to say they are going to talk to NOA and NOE. Yay. :)

Meh...my only regretted purchase.

Hellraider

- Fans of Dementium will be happy with FPS

Oh my.

I would also love some straight 3ds dementium ports (widescreen and analog support is only I ask) because I will be old by the time DS games are released on the e-shop.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Then what is their Wii U game? They have another project for it besides Mutant Mudds Deluxe. They can't be juggling Treasurenauts, their FPS, Deluxe, Mudds 2, and a second Wii U project, can they?

I have a feeling Mudds 2 is just a concept right now. In terms of completion, my gut feeling is...

Mudds Deluxe (Q2 2013) = 80-90% done
3DS FPS (2013) = 60-70% done
Treasurenauts (2013) = 30-40% done
Secret Wii U game (???) = 20-30% done
Mudds 2 (2014) = 0-10% done

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What kind of game is Treasurenauts?

They haven't said, outside it being for the 3DS. We only know it exists at all because someone went snooping at the patents they filed (which Jools said he thinks is both flattering and annoying. :p)

Most likely they were going to announce it much later in the year (early fall is my guess.)

Is there any particular reason why both Metacritic and GameRankings swapped the Australian review of Kersploosh! with the American one after the higher score was already entered into their databases? They sure haven't changed the Polygon review of SimCity to reflect its new score.

DaBoss

Is there any particular reason why both Metacritic and GameRankings swapped the Australian review of Kersploosh! with the American one after the higher score was already entered into their databases? They sure haven't changed the Polygon review to reflect its new score.

What the hell? Only reason I would see would be to keep the reviews mostly American, which would be a bullshit reason. Seems like there is something fishy going on.

Asimov

Banned
Hello, GAF!

So... I have $20 spacebucks in my eShop wallet that I want to burn.

I already have:

• Pushmo
  • Crashmo
  • Sakura Samurai
  • VVVVVV
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Mighty Switch Force
  • Radar Pokemon

And some other 3D Classics, VC, etc...

I want to buy eShop 3D games. Not games available at retail.

Which one do you guys recommend me?

Is Ikachan good?

Also... I haven't accessed the eShop in some time, and I saw 3 games: Picdun 2: Witch's Curse, Witch's Cat and Bloody Vampire. I assume those 3 are shovelware, right?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Picdun is like the world's lightest dungeon crawler. Heavy emphasis on puzzles and mapping with very light combat.

It's also got titties. I bought it because I like Picdun 1 which had much tamer art.

Asimov

Banned
Picdun is like the world's lightest dungeon crawler. Heavy emphasis on puzzles and mapping with very light combat.

It's also got titties. I bought it because I like Picdun 1 which had much tamer art.

What about Gunman Clive? I have seen that game mentioned a lot here at GAF.

rjc571

Banned
Also... I haven't accessed the eShop in some time, and I saw 3 games: Picdun 2: Witch's Curse, Witch's Cat and Bloody Vampire. I assume those 3 are shovelware, right?

Err no, all three are quite good. Especially Witch's Cat, which is a notch below Pushmo and Crashmo as far as puzzle platformers are concerned. Why would you assume they were shovelware?

Asimov

Banned
Err no, all three are quite good. Especially Witch's Cat, which is a notch below Pushmo and Crashmo as far as puzzle platformers are concerned. Why would you assume they were shovelware?

I don't know... I got that feeling by watching the videos on the eShop.

Well... I have now $18... I bought Gunman Clive!

rjc571

Banned
I don't know... I got that feeling by watching the videos on the eShop.

Well... I have now $18... I bought Gunman Clive!

Bloody Vampire is essentially a Metroidvania-lite, with combat mechanics similar to Ys (you attack things by running into them) and a variety of spells, abilities and upgrades to find. It's worth checking out if you're disappointed in the fact that there aren't any Castlevania games on the 3DS yet.

You should get Witch's Cat if you like puzzle games at all (which I assume you do since you have Pushmo and Crashmo). It's extremely good. You should also check out the Rabi Laby games on DSiware, which Witch's Cat is a spin-off of. Also make sure you read the manual, since some of the mechanics aren't explained very well in-game.

Is Ikachan good?

Ikachan is pretty great, graphically, and the game is neat, too.

The problem is that you'll beat it before it gets very far. Very short game, and I stress that.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking of Picdun (1 and 2) and Bloody Vampire purchases at some point. Impressions?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hello, GAF!

So... I have $20 spacebucks in my eShop wallet that I want to burn.

I already have:

• Pushmo
  • Crashmo
  • Sakura Samurai
  • VVVVVV
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Mighty Switch Force
  • Radar Pokemon

And some other 3D Classics, VC, etc...

I want to buy eShop 3D games. Not games available at retail.

Which one do you guys recommend me?

Is Ikachan good?

ATV Wild Ride 3D so you can enter our tournament.

Also, I think Mutant Mudds is gonna be on sale during PAX, so wait to buy that maybe. Otherwise VVVVVV and Crashmo are good choices.

Boney

Banned
Oh... I already have the games you listed below... but, thanks!

I just purchased ATV Wild Ride 3D. I gotta support the guys who created one of my favorites games of all time: Mutant Mudds.

If you like RPG's or good games you'll get Crimson Shroud ;)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
How come? What prevents you? Is there no option to choose your country?
You can. It requires creating a Mii for each country you intend to switch to, but it's not such a big deal. My mii count is currently at 3.

NOE is redundant here.

You can. It requires creating a Mii for each country you intend to switch to, but it's not such a big deal. My mii count is currently at 3.

[/url]

As I thought. So he could just switch to another eShop where the prices are better, just like us in Latin America.

Switch to a different eShop?
Well thing is the ones that user can switch to will be nearly or just as bad so its a moot point really.

Speaking of switching is there any reason Australia has Snapdots (DSiWare) while Europe does not. Are there any other odd excpetions like this?

May 14th

You were right MasterBalls. Enjoy the October release in Europe! Ugh...
I remember back in the days of Nintendo.co.uk being in German I sent off an e-mail asking what was taking so long and some weeks later I got a response from an NOE employee and they were like "I'm not sure what the hold up is either. The game has been ready for ages".

The best part was it uses a different password system (I wanted to password save and play in parallel).

Maybe the whole point of the VC release schedule is to make us nostalgic for a time when the NoE localisation department was one underfed old man with arthritis at a typewriter. I mean, they've got like... 3 of those guys now!

Top Bottom