• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2014

I wouldn't be surprised if Minish Cap is held back to next year for its 10th anniversary and to coincide with that shitty Hyrule Warriors game.

Just because it's a style of game you don't care for, doesn't make it shitty. Many people like Musou games, what's the problem?

I don't like Kingdom Hearts, does that make it shitty?

Will Mario Golf be avaliable at midnight? Nintendo does that with bigger releases don't they?

Yeah, I believe Nintendo does that for all retail first-party games.

I know for sure that the E-Shop said yesterday that Kirby and Mario Golf will both go up at midnight.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Enjoying Child of Light a lot, but boy, could they have used some more time to iron out this release. For the first hour of play I've seen apparent draw glitches and gamepad sound died on me once. And that *with* the day-1 patches.

maxcriden

Thanks for your hard work on the thread, tolkir!

--

I also wanted to reply to a couple of posts from the April thread.

Sounds like you liked it as much BIS, which was such a high point for that series. The backlash here made me wait for a sale and see, though

The tutorials weren't really the problem for me per se, but the pacing in general. It is just agonizingly languid, especially in the beginning. The tutorials contribute to that, but there are a lot of little things.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to play more than 10 hours, but I hear it gets a lot better as you progress (I do want to go back to it eventually). In its defence, I will advocate for the beautiful graphics and fantastic music.

Personally, I agree it takes some serious time to get into the game. For me it was a 50+ hour game with some side stuff I haven't done yet, and I think that makes it easily the longest in the series. If you like a lengthy, endlessly creative adventure, I think it really fits the bill. You just have to be in the mood for it, for me at least. When I first tried the game I couldn't get into it that much at all, esp. for the first 15 hrs or so. It felt kind of derivative and not too exciting. Then it really clicked for me and I loved the remaining 35 hrs or so. It's just got a slow start. I think it has a lot of great stuff in common with prior entries in the series, as well as a lot to offer of its own.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft | $29.99 Permanent, was $59.99) Upcoming 05/05

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Shin Megami Tensei IV (Atlus | $29.99 until 05/12, then $49.99) Upcoming 05/05
  • Tappingo (Goodbye Galaxy | $1.99 until 05/15, then $2.99)
  • Bird Mania Christmas 3D (Teyon | $0.99 Permanent, was $1.99)

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Mario Golf: World Tour (Nintendo)
    Free-Trial Course Pack (Free)
    Mushroom Pack (€5.99 | £5.39)
    Three-Pack Set (€11.99 | £10.79)

• Galaga (Namco Bandai | €4.99 | £4.49)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Mario Golf (Free if you purchase Mario Golf: World Tour directly from Nintendo eShop until 05/29)
  • Tappingo (Goodbye Galaxy | €1.99 | £1.69 until 05/15, then €2.99 | £2.49)
  • Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games | €0.99 | £0.89 until 05/31, then €2.99 | £2.69)
  • Bird Mania Christmas 3D (Teyon | €0.99 | £0.89 Permanent, was €1.99 | £1.79)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Purchasing two GBA games, 2nd costs ¥490 until 05/04

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Picross e (Jupiter | ¥250 until 05/07, then ¥500)
  • Picross e2 (Jupiter | ¥250 until 05/07, then ¥500)
  • Picross e3 (Jupiter | ¥250 until 05/07, then ¥500)
  • Denpa Ningen no RPG <The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave> (Genius Sonority | ¥400 until 05/07, then ¥800)
  • Denpa Ningen no RPG 2 <The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves> (Genius Sonority | ¥500 until 05/07, then ¥1000)
  • Denpa Ningen no RPG 3 <he Denpa Men 3: The Rise of Digitoll> (Genius Sonority | ¥500 until 05/07, then ¥1000)
  • Rune Factory 4 (Marvelous AQL | ¥2,685 until 05/07, then ¥5,369)
  • Mighty Switch Force! (Integrow | ¥309 until 05/14, then ¥515)
  • Youkai Watch or Animal Crossing free with 3DS XL purchase until 05/31

Nintendo DSi | DsiWare

Well, I got Pushmo in the meantime before I get Gargoyle's Quest and 3D Hang on. Still can't decide what to get retail. I may just get Kirby Triple.

Abyss HD is really good.

For the love of god guys, give Enjoy Up some support. The game is only $2, has tons of content for the asking price, nice music/visuals, a a good (but fair) difficulty and has a 2-player mode.

Mach Rider fun/worth getting in a chill/arcade kinda way? I'm a sucker for guy-in-the-future-fighting-on-bike stuff (especially if it's the Paper Chase guy).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, Japan gets a 1/2 off sale for Picross e, e2, & e3. Was really hoping we'd get the sale here in the US. Oh well, guess it's back to waiting while I play other stuff, like Mega Man Xtreme.

What is abyss like?

Imagine if Ikachan and Nightsky had a baby, you'd have Abyss.

You navigate a maze-like underwater level to find 6 gaia stones. Each stage has obstacles to get around, touching the walls also hurts you. The point is to find all six stones and get to the exit as soon as possible.

tolkir

Man, that JP VC release list makes me sad.

I'm buying e4 and MM Xtreme, babies! Maybe Abyss too.

That's because you hasn't seen full April.

Wii U | Virtual Console
Zelda no Densetsu: Fushigi no Boushi <The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
Wario Land Advance: Youki no Otakara <Wario Land 4> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
Metroid Fusion (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702) Upcoming 04/30
Hoshi no Kirby Yume no Izumi Deluxe <Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
Mario & Luigi RPG <Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
Mario Tennis Advance <Mario Tennis: Power Tour> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
R-Type (Konami | PC Engine | ¥617)
The Kung Fu <China Warrior> (Konami | PC Engine | ¥617)
Akumajou Dracula XX <Castlevania: Dracula X> (Konami | Super Famicom | ¥823)
RockMan 5: Blues no Wana!? <Mega Man 5> (Capcom | Famicom | ¥514)
Quarth (Konami | MSX | ¥823)
Akumajou Densetsu <Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse> (Konami | Famicom | ¥514)
Final Fantasy USA: Mystic Quest <Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest> (Square Enix | Super Famicom | ¥823)
Gradius (Konami | PC Engine | ¥617)
Neutopia: Frey no Shou <Neutopia> (Konami | PC Engine | ¥617)
Hanjuku Hero (Square Enix | Famicom | ¥514)
Super Punch-Out!! (Nintendo | Super Famicom | ¥823)
Game Boy Wars Advance 1+2 (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
F-Zero for Game Boy Advance <F-Zero: Maximum Velocity> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
Hoshi no Kirby: Kagami no Daimeikyuu <Kirby & The Amazing Mirror> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
Made in Wario <Wario Ware Inc.: Mega Microgame$!> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
Ougon no Taiyou: Hirakareshi Fuuin <Golden Sun> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
Super Mario Advance 2 <Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)

Shadowgate (Arc System Works | Famicom | ¥514)
Final Fantasy III (Square Enix | Famicom | ¥514)
Donkey Kong Land <Donkey Kong Land 2> (Nintendo | Game Boy | ¥411)
Adventures of Lolo <Adventures of Lolo 2> (HAL Laboratory | Famicom | ¥514)
Super Donkey Kong GB <Donkey Kong Land> (Nintendo | Game Boy | ¥411)

TEJ

Question.

I have a different NNID for my wii u and 3DS....I have my 3DS linked to my club nintendo account.

If I were to link my wii u account to club nintendo, would it work? Would nintendo do something stupid like brick my console?

rjc571

Banned
The lack of demos on the Wii U eShop is starting to annoy me. Like, Stick it to the Man is a perfect candidate for a demo. It seems mildly interesting conceptually, but it's not something that I would ever spend money on unless I got to try it out and see how well the concept works in practice. Put out demos to sell your game, devs!

steveovig

I'm late to the party on this but is there no way to re-map controls on 3DS VC titles? Also, please tell me MM Xtreme isn't a near exact copy of MMX?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Didn't see it listed here, but Rage of the Gladiator is on sale for $3.49 (down from $6.99) through 5/22.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
The lack of demos on the Wii U eShop is starting to annoy me. Like, Stick it to the Man is a perfect candidate for a demo. It seems mildly interesting conceptually, but it's not something that I would ever spend money on unless I got to try it out and see how well the concept works in practice. Put out demos to sell your game, devs!

You better get accustomed to it mate, the PS4 is basically heading in the same direction and XBone's situation is even more dire... the era of mandatory XBLA's demos has come to an abrupt end :(

zroid

Banned
I'm late to the party on this but is there no way to re-map controls on 3DS VC titles?

Only Game Gear, I think...

If you are wanting to use B+Y instead of A+B on NES games however, then the X button mimics B and A+X pretty much feel the same as B+Y.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I'm late to the party on this but is there no way to re-map controls on 3DS VC titles? Also, please tell me MM Xtreme isn't a near exact copy of MMX?

I think it's just a lesser copy of MMX with 4 bosses iirc. MMXreme 2 = MMX2 & 3 combined or something.

Drago

Just played the first few levels of Tappingo and it's really fun! I can see it getting really clever and addictive as I progress, and I'm digging the OST too.

Every 3DS owner who doesn't have it yet should really pick it up while it's on sale for $2. It seems to be very much worth it at that price (it's probably still worth it at the original $3!)

steveovig

I'm not really a fan of MM Xtreme and I regret buying it. I didn't realize it was just a rehash, I guess. I'll be forcing myself through this one.

Must have closed the window rather than hit reply...
Question.

I have a different NNID for my wii u and 3DS....I have my 3DS linked to my club nintendo account.

If I were to link my wii u account to club nintendo, would it work? Would nintendo do something stupid like brick my console?
The 3DS eShop manual says you can link several several 3DS system to one Club Nintenod account. However a Club Nintendo account can only be linked to one NNID (so linking to the different ID should not work).

As for Nintendo doing anything stupid if you try. Nope, so go ahead.

The only suggestion I can give is use the 3DS NNID on the Wii U and do all your purchases through that.

mclem

Just played the first few levels of Tappingo and it's really fun! I can see it getting really clever and addictive as I progress, and I'm digging the OST too.

Every 3DS owner who doesn't have it yet should really pick it up while it's on sale for $2. It seems to be very much worth it at that price (it's probably still worth it at the original $3!)

I was a bit disappointed with it, to tell the truth. It all felt a bit simple. There's a few design patterns you notice early on, and then the game never really progresses beyond that; I was instinctively throwing the bricks the right way without consciously having to think about it.

The most trouble I had was when the puzzes started getting really big - and in turn, the squares started getting really small - and I'd accidentally hit the wrong square and reset some work I'd done. IF there was a simple undo, I didn't find it, and *redoing* things requires resetting all lines that that chain had blocked, and in turn resetting all lines those chains had blocked until you reach a neutral state once more.

Waiting for Picross E4 to hit Europe for my next grid-based-puzzling fix.

teeg

Question regarding Tappingo... What are the controls like? Are the stylus and touch screen required or can the game be played using just the D-pad and buttons?

Top Bottom