• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2014

69wpm

Scram Kitty will be released on May 15th in Europe.

Bm3jmfoCcAA-ufD.jpg:large

Source

maxcriden

No idea. I can imagine there's potentially something to do with Square since they developed it. Just have to be patient and hope they make a SNES Remix and decide they need it in there

I see, thanks Joe. I just figured since it's on Wii VC already it wouldn't be a problem.

Scram Kitty will be released on May 15th in Europe.

Source

Holy crap, finally! That's great news! Thanks man. Hopefully it hits NA on the same day. Man, I really would like some updated release dates for some other eShop indies....

JoeM86

I see, thanks Joe. I just figured since it's on Wii VC already it wouldn't be a problem.

Due to different architectures and Wii U VC having a tonne of new features, they're re-releasing everything.

Should be the last time they do it, if what they said in the investor meeting holds any weight.

maxcriden

Due to different architectures and Wii U VC having a tonne of new features, they're re-releasing everything.

Should be the last time they do it, if what they said in the investor meeting holds any weight.

Fingers way crossed. It'd be great for VC to be forwards-compatible on future systems, especially if we get a console-handheld hybrid system.

JoeM86

Fingers way crossed. It'd be great for VC to be forwards-compatible on future systems, especially if we get a console-handheld hybrid system.

Well, the way they said that the next console & handheld would share similar architecture and the same OS and that they intend for the architecture to absorb Wii U gives me much hope.

Weng

Yoshi's Cookie
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
These games have been delisted from the Wii Shop channel. I honestly doubt they'll be released on the Wii U VC.

maxcriden

These games have been delisted from the Wii Shop channel. I honestly doubt they'll be released on the Wii U VC.

Some of us are hoping the DKC trilogy will be re-released as a compilation for the 20th anniversary of the first DKC game's release. I think it's possible but I'm not counting on it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not sure if this is news but

EIq44pY.png
On the one hand, that's kind of a nice deal, but then I remembered that I have Dream Land 2 on the Dream Collection on Wii, & then noticed it was eShop and not retail. Still, I'm digging they're doing this along with the free Wii U game with Mario Kart 8.

Weng

Some of us are hoping the DKC trilogy will be re-released as a compilation for the 20th anniversary of the first DKC game's release. I think it's possible but I'm not counting on it.
That doesn't explain why they removed it from the Wii Shop channel shortly before the Wii U's release.

JB2448

If they did a re-release compilation, maybe they'd be able to get rid of the real problem from keeping them listed, listed right here:
Rare-sized.jpg

(Microsoft owns the Rare logo, and probably contacted Nintendo to know it was infringing on its intellectual property by selling content with the logo in it. I'm sure this is old "news," though.)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wish we would get another round of eshop sales. I'd be willing to buy a bunch of stuff if that happened.

JoeM86

If they did a re-release compilation, maybe they'd be able to get rid of the real problem from keeping them listed, listed right here:
Rare-sized.jpg

(Microsoft owns the Rare logo, and probably contacted Nintendo to know it was infringing on its intellectual property by selling content with the logo in it. I'm sure this is old "news," though.)

You say that, but Donkey Kong Land 1, 2 & 3 have it and were just released on the Japanese 3DS

yea weird part is the DKL games are on the JP 3ds VC

So who knows whats going on with those

Rare-sized.jpg

Guess Microsoft better remove Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie from XBLA then:

gameboy.png

large.jpg

JB2448

You say that, but Donkey Kong Land 1, 2 & 3 have it and were just released on the Japanese 3DS
Very true. Maybe something's changed concerning it. Also, the logos are on the official Japanese sites for Donkey Kong 64 and Star Fox Adventures, as well, so maybe it isn't a problem for Japan. The three Donkey Kong Country titles also have the new Rare logo on their Japanese Wii Virtual Console profile pages (here's the first DKC's page, for example). The 3DS Virtual Console release of Donkey Kong Land's page, however, does not contain Rare's logo, nor does it appear in its preview video.
Guess Microsoft better remove Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie from XBLA then:

gameboy.png

large.jpg
That Game Boy doesn't have Nintendo iconography on it. Also, if I remember correctly, the Nintendo 64 was replaced by an Xbox 360, but I'm going to hook up my 360 and check if that's the case. Then again, the credits of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie on Xbox Live Arcade have all of the staff from Nintendo that worked on the original game listed, so maybe Microsoft had to at least contact Nintendo of America for that.

Edit: I didn't remember correctly (must have been the Nuts & Bolts 360 box), but the N64 definitely got heavily modified to remove Nintendo iconography:

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just checked & the N64 is still there, except the box for Banjo-Tooie is replaced by the box for Nuts & Bolts.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Looks like this is going to be a crowded month for eShop games.

Already released:
Abyss
Stick it to the Man

Upcoming:
5/12 - Armillo
5/15 - Scram Kitty
Potentially Shovel Knight (since it was just submitted).

I guess it's nice to see all the indie games that were supposed to be released in March, releasing now instead.

These are the games I'm looking forward to:

ReVen
Mighty No. 9
Ballpoint Universe
Hyper Light Drifter

None of them have release dates :( but Ballpoint universe at least has a video up in the e-shop.

maxcriden

Looks like this is going to be a crowded month for eShop games.

Already released:
Abyss
Stick it to the Man

Upcoming:
5/12 - Armillo
5/15 - Scram Kitty
Potentially Shovel Knight (since it was just submitted).

I guess it's nice to see all the indie games that were supposed to be released in March, releasing now instead.

Wait, was Armillo confirmed for this month?! Nice!

joedick

Kung-Fu Master - Unlikely due to the license (was based on a Jackie Chan movie)

You're part right. I don't think the movie license is a factor outside of Japan, but it's still unlikely that we'll get it because it's an Irem game. Same for 10-Yard Fight.

zroid

Banned
What's the latest on Armillo? I remember thinking it looked promising way back when, but has it come along nicely or what?

tebunker

Banned
Europe's getting Volleyball NES
Japan is getting Wagan Land(NES) and Pop'n Twinbee(SNES)
We typically don't learn America's until Tuesday or Wednesday

And we are usually disappointed.. Shame we couldn't rally around it oprainfall style and try to get something changed.

69wpm

What's the latest on Armillo? I remember thinking it looked promising way back when, but has it come along nicely or what?

The extra time was definitely worth it. The developer is on gaf by the way, maybe he'll give us an update.

And we are usually disappointed.. Shame we couldn't rally around it oprainfall style and try to get something changed.
Is there usually such a long wait for VC titles between Europe and USA? Was hoping that Castlevania 3 for 3DS would arrive shortly after the European release.

jholmes

Yoshi's Cookie is presumably a rights issue with BPS, but hopefully that can be worked out. But then maybe I'm just being optimistic as I want The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang on Virtual Console already.

Chatin

With Picross e3, I thought maybe I was just so high on Mega Picross because it was new. But with Picross e4 I got to admit that Mega Picross is just the greatest thing ever. It lights a spark in my mind and I just can't set it down. I need a full game of just Mega Picross to acclaim next to the stellar Picross DS and Picross 3D.

Top Bottom