• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2014

terrisus

Hey guys, just wanted to mention, my wife is the one who re-wrote the soundtrack for the 3DS version of Grinsia. It's her first Nintendo game! I'm so proud of her work and naturally, I wanna brag about it. She put the entire soundtrack on her bandcamp page in case anyone is interested in downloading it: http://shannonmason.bandcamp.com/album/grinsia-soundtrack

Nifty. While music isn't generally as important to me, and I tend to play most handheld games with the sound off, I'll try to take some note of it.

I really hope we see more games like this coming to the 3DS - and not just ports either, but games created specifically for the 3DS like this game as well.

wilflare

Hey guys, just wanted to mention, my wife is the one who re-wrote the soundtrack for the 3DS version of Grinsia. It's her first Nintendo game! I'm so proud of her work and naturally, I wanna brag about it. She put the entire soundtrack on her bandcamp page in case anyone is interested in downloading it: http://shannonmason.bandcamp.com/album/grinsia-soundtrack

my eyes brightened up when I saw Madison, WI (spent six months at UWM as an exchange student!)

will definitely check out the soundtrack!

PusherT

God Wii U eshop updates is depressing, only WarioLand 4. No new demos, or Eshop Wii U games this week. 3ds is getting a much healthier eshop. Much more 3rd parties are on 3ds and more vibrant the the poor poor Wii U. Nintendo needs to merge Wii U and 3ds much much tighter. Maybe Wii U is the base and the next handheld will share games.

Hale-XF11

Thanks for checking out the soundtrack, you guys. She definitely appreciates everyone giving it a listen.

my eyes brightened up when I saw Madison, WI (spent six months at UWM as an exchange student!)

will definitely check out the soundtrack!

Small world. :)

why is f-zero x Wii and not Wii u? I'm so mad. why. I don't even have a classic controller. I'm mad.

and even if I did have that stupid controller, it sucks.

Just beat Mega Man 2 GB, the whole thing took me approximately 45 minutes. Not QUITE as bad as I remembered, though the music was even worse than I remembered. Absolutely cringeworthy.

Shadow Puppeteer is now slated for an eShop release!

Promo_wall.png

http://shadowpuppeteer.com/special-announcement/

Blind-bought this morning because the preview video showed visuals/soundtrack/battles that reminded me heavily of the era I was most in love with RPGs, the SNES era. And, it didn't give me the red flags like Black Exile on DS did, which I disliked playing from the get-go. I've only just started, and saved after the initial conversation (I need to do some work in Art Academy), but so far, I love the aesthetic and music.

I've been listening to this on my speakers on the bandcamp page. This is fantastic and sounds informed by Uematsu and Mitsuda, which fits very well with the game's mid-90s Squaresoft-styled sprite art. I need to replace my headphones soon so I can properly enjoy this on 3DS. Please congratulate her for me. Even if the game turns out to not be my cup of tea, I'll be buying her OST.

L~A

Looks Armillon has been delayed... again. Small delay. And launch discount!

Good news, our game is finished and we're extremely excited to release it as soon as possible!

However, with Armillo being our first Nintendo eShop game, the submission process is taking longer than we originally anticipated. What this means is that we'll miss our anticipated release date of May 12th. While we hate to delay, we expect to be able to make a formal announcement of the global launch date in coordination with Nintendo very soon.

Your patience will not go unrewarded, though! We're happy to announce that Armillo will launch at the introductory price of $5.99 for the first 3 weeks of release! After the first 3 weeks, the game will return to the standard $7.99 price that we originally planned. This is our way of thanking our early supporters for buying the game early, and our way of apologizing for all of the delays.

Hey guys, just wanted to mention, my wife is the one who re-wrote the soundtrack for the 3DS version of Grinsia. It's

Man, that's so cool! Congratulations!

I'm listening to it right now and it sounds very good. It has a nostalgic feel very suited to the game. She's probably influenced by Uematsu's work, right?

tolkir

SNES vibes in my ears. Good job.

Nicalis, please, Europe is waiting. (As usually)

maxcriden

Moon Chronicles hitting 5/15 for 3DS in NA:

630x.jpg

■Episode 1: $8.99 (contains chapters 1 - 4 + 6 VR Missions: ~4 hours of gameplay).
■Episode 2 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 5 - 8: ~2 hours of gameplay).
■Episode 3 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 9 - 12: ~2 hours of gameplay).
■Episode 4 (as DLC): $1.99 (contains chapters 13 - 16: ~2 hours of gameplay).

Now that Episode 1 is approved, we're working hard to finish the remaining episodes (2, 3, and 4) in one focused effort. Our plan is to submit the game to NOE when we have all episodes completed, so a confident release plan for Europe can be scheduled.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...on_the_3ds_eshop_in_north_america_on_15th_may

(Is the first one a good game?)

RpgN

Are there any reviews or impressions of denpa men 3? Didn't it get released this week?

Sendou

Makes no sense to make the first episode so expensive. Unless the game is bad that is. If they have confidence in the quality of their product they could make the first episode rather cheap and trust that people will come back for more but this doesn't seem to be the case with Moon Chronicles. Doubt it is a risk worth $9 I would be willing to take.

Shauni

$9 isn't expensive, but I do find it odd that it's stated as twice as long as the other episodes, yet costs more than four times them

terrisus

Well, spent about an hour so far with Grinsia. While I love the Auto-KO mechanic in general, it doesn't work quite as well in a game with random encounters as it does in a game with visible enemies like Earthbound. Since, starting at Level 3, I could pretty much just wander back and forth in front of the starting town, auto-winning 80% of battles (and obviously even more as my levels went up), and quickly gain like another 4 levels.

Granted, I suppose, it's not all that much more different from actually going through battles where you're not getting hit, and defeat the enemies before they have a chance to do anything. But, still, I don't know, just feels like I could do it with my eyes closed (perhaps since I was doing it some of the time with my eyes closed), which makes things feel a bit less interactive.

Still seeming like a fun game. Although I still haven't actually left the area right around the starting town yet (what can I say? I like grinding).

Apparently there's something worthwhile awaiting me though:

zlCfzR6DnroO0Wrmnu

Kandinsky

So by accident (don't ask) I added 100 bucks to my account, and I want to spend some of it on digital exclusives, what you say gaf?, Child of Light, Unepic or Stick it to the man?. I was getting CoL for sure but that edge review killed my full price interest pretty bad D:

So by accident (don't ask) I added 100 bucks to my account, and I want to spend some of it on digital exclusives, what you say gaf?, Child of Light, Unepic or Stick it to the man?. I was getting CoL for sure but that edge review killed my full price interest pretty bad D:
Unepic is a really good Castlevania clone, with some heavy-handed writing. I would recommend it.

I'd also recommend Abyss HD. It's great. It's $2.

K' Dash

That Edge review is complete BULLSHIT, the game is fucking awesome.

maxcriden

Kung Fu Rabbit and The Cave are great if you don't already have them.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Child of Light is bossly.

Also you could save cash for Shovel Knight.

Do you own a 3ds? There is always the Mario Golf DLC as well as Moon next week. Plus the Etrian games are on sale again.

If you don't own Nano Assault get that. Also the GBA VC is legit. I own Metroid Fusion and Advance Wars.

Penguin

I know you said not to, but curious HOW?

Kandinsky

Does include a little child?
Yeah my 37 years old sister, she borrowed my WiiU for a day and wanted to play some Nes Remix and just went ahead and bought it by adding 100 lol (my fault for not having my account password protected I guess) she said she will pay me back tho, yeah suuure.

Anyways thanks for the recommendations everyone, will get CoL and Unepic, Abyss and Golden Sun.
Vanillalite, I do have 3DS linked to the same account and totally forgot about the shared funds, will definitely check its store as well, tyvm!.

maxcriden

Yeah my 37 years old sister, she borrowed my WiiU for a day and wanted to play some Nes Remix and just went ahead and bought it by adding 100 lol (my fault for not having my account password protected I guess) she said she will pay me back tho, yeah suuure.

Anyways thanks for the recommendations everyone, will get CoL and Unepic, Abyss and Golden Sun.
Vanillalite, I do have 3DS linked to the same account and totally forgot about the shared funds, will definitely check its store as well, tyvm!.

If you're looking for 3DS eShop games, Mutant Mudds is great.

terrisus

It reminds me of Wario Land for Virtual Boy.
Which is a great thing, since Wario Land for Virtual Boy is awesome.

Hale-XF11

She's probably influenced by Uematsu's work, right?

I've been listening to this on my speakers on the bandcamp page. This is fantastic and sounds informed by Uematsu and Mitsuda, which fits very well with the game's mid-90s Squaresoft-styled sprite art. I need to replace my headphones soon so I can properly enjoy this on 3DS. Please congratulate her for me. Even if the game turns out to not be my cup of tea, I'll be buying her OST.

Yeah, she's heavily influenced to say the least, especially by those particular artists. Glad you guys are digging it. She's loving all the positive feedback.

Rage of the Gladiator is blast to play! Unlocked hard mode just after about 5 hours of playing. It feels both good and bad compared to punch out, but get they're different games. Both have their pros and cons. I'm digging it a lot though. It makes me wanna buy NES punch out, but I won't let myself because I already bought it on the Wii. Crossbuy please.

New Punch Out for 3DS Nintendo? Please?

Last call before I grab Child Of Light on Xbox One, co-op on the Wii U version is controlled with a sideways Wiimote and d-pad right?

I wanted the Wii U version but this sounds terrible. Surely the amount of 'circular motions' you do as the light guy would get annoying on a d-pad? Why no Pro Controller support?

*shakes head at Ubisoft*

Sorry Nintendo, blame Ubi, -1 for sales.

rjc571

Banned
Last call before I grab Child Of Light on Xbox One, co-op on the Wii U version is controlled with a sideways Wiimote and d-pad right?

I wanted the Wii U version but this sounds terrible. Surely the amount of 'circular motions' you do as the light guy would get annoying on a d-pad? Why no Pro Controller support?

*shakes head at Ubisoft*

Wait, Child of Light doesn't have pointer controls for controlling the fairy thing? They make you use the d-pad instead?? Are you fucking serious?!? Does the PC version have mouse control or do they force you to use the 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys on the numpad?

Wait, Child of Light doesn't have pointer controls for controlling the fairy thing? They make you use the d-pad instead?? Are you fucking serious?!? Does the PC version have mouse control or do they force you to use the 2, 4, 6 and 8 keys on the numpad?

I don't know! Thats why I'm trying to find out for sure as it sounds like a ridiculously stupid missed opportunity, the few bits of info I could find make it sound like d-pad on the Wiimote only. :|

Need someone who has played the Wii U version co-op to confirm.

Murrah

Banned

*shakes head at Ubisoft*

Just turned on the game to try it for myself, and yeah, tried pro controller, classic controller and nunchuk and none worked. Sideways wiimote only. To be fair I don't think it's that big of a deal controlling him with the dpad, especially since you never have to be super accurate or anything, but the lack of pro controller, nunchuk and (especially) pointer options is baffling

Just turned on the game to try it for myself, and yeah, tried pro controller, classic controller and nunchuk and none worked. Sideways wiimote only. To be fair I don't think it's that big of a deal controlling him with the dpad, especially since you never have to be super accurate or anything, but the lack of pro controller, nunchuk and (especially) pointer options is baffling

Thanks for the confirmation, that's what I've been after! Such a shame. :( Sounds like the Gamepad controls are good but they forgot to give options for co-op.

Ubi could patch it in the future maybe - but whether or not they'd bother well.... I have my doubts. Not something I'd 'wait and see' on. I'll just go with the Xbox One version I guess.

I played the demo on 360 and I just can't see myself enjoying moving the light guy round with d-pad the whole game (my GF is playing main).

Other than the obvious pointer controls (how is this not in the game??? >_<), I thought the option for main person on Pro Controller and co-op person on Gamepad (being able to touch screen hold everything) would have been good.

Oh well. :(

Top Bottom