• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - May 2014

GRW810

Nintendo UK just tweeted that Tappingo is being temporarily reduced from £2.49 to £1.69. Wasn't included on the Download PR list though, if I remember correctly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just realized it's been almost a year since Sega released a Game Gear game on the VC. I was hoping they'd port stuff like Dynamite Headdy & Gunstar Heroes so I could see how they compare to their console counterparts. I know of the Treasure Box Collection on PS2, but I'd prefer them on a handheld system.

....or 3D Classics: Gunstar Heroes. That's be nice as well.

L~A

Just realized it's been almost a year since Sega released a Game Gear game on the VC. I was hoping they'd port stuff like Dynamite Headdy & Gunstar Heroes so I could see how they compare to their console counterparts. I know of the Treasure Box Collection on PS2, but I'd prefer them on a handheld system.

....or 3D Classics: Gunstar Heroes. That's be nice as well.

Looks like SEGA is more interested in their SEGA classics line. Maybe the GameGear games didn't sell enough to warrant more releases? I really got no clue how much it cost them (dev + rating agencies fees).

zroid

Banned
Image & Form tweeted this pic

Bm9HCcZCMAI0orN.jpg:large

apparently there's a clue in here as to what their next SteamWorld game will be...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I see WW Link, Mario, & Slime in the lower-left corner.

IT'S OBVIOUSLY A NINTENDO/DRAGON QUEST CROSSOVER....that's not Fortune Street.

jadjei

I let my friend borrow my 3DS to play Pokemon X and she still has it. I wanna buy Gunman Clive but I don't have my 3DS. :p

Swords & Soldiers HD realising May 22nd in Europe.

Source
Cool!

I hope Two Tribes keeps this up. Releasing ports of well-received, older indie games at $2 a pop seems like a decent way to make some money and fund their new project.

I think World of Goo and Motoheroez would be good ideas to try out next.

evanmisha

Cool!

I hope Two Tribes keeps this up. Releasing ports of well-received, older indie games at $2 a pop seems like a decent way to make some money and fund their new project.

I think World of Goo and Motoheroez would be good ideas to try out next.

I would be ALL OVER a Wii U World of Goo port.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So why don't you buy the PC or smartphone version of Gunman Clive then

Because it looks lovely in 3d, it's a perfect handheld game but it requires buttons to be fully enjoyed?
Besides, this is the Nintendo downloads thread you know...

rjc571

Banned
Because it looks lovely in 3d, it's a perfect handheld game but it requires buttons to be fully enjoyed?
Besides, this is the Nintendo downloads thread you know...

But he doesn't have access to his 3DS. He might as well shell out the 2 bucks for a version he can play right now, then if he really likes the game he can buy the 3DS version when he gets his 3DS back.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
But he doesn't have access to his 3DS. He might as well shell out the 2 bucks for a version he can play right now, then if he really likes the game he can buy the 3DS version when he gets his 3DS back.

Well, I'd wait anyway. I have it on iPad as well and imo it doesn't make the game justice at all.
Mind you, I always thought it wasn't the super uber awesome title many hailed it to be here on GAF but nontheless a neat little game propelled into stardom by becoming the eShop's poster child ('cause it sold well by marrying good quality+MM "clone"+super cheap on 3DS)

BooJoh

Japan's Wii U VC next week
Fire Emblem GBA
Princess Tomato in Salad Kingdom NES
Mega Man 6 NES

I will happily upgrade Princess Tomato to Wii U if it makes it to NA, and would even buy it a third time if it makes it to 3DS. I was worried we might not see it with the whole Hudson situation.

Drago

Which Fire Emblem is that? I would assume it's the sixth one, Sword of Seals or something, since that was the first of the GBA FE games but I dunno.

Hope western territories don't get left behind in GBA releases
who the hell am I kidding, of course we will

tolkir

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

[*]Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken <Fire Emblem> (Nintendo | Game Boy Advance | ¥702)
[/LIST]
Well thats unexpected (I expect Fuuin). Makes me wonder if they are avoiding too many JP only games for now (though as we can already see the backlog is piling up, I assume ratings are a part).

I guess there is also the fact Fuuin is horrible to play for a newcomer. The tutorial is pretty bad and it is easy to learn nothing from it, most of the cast is fairly bad. Then again playing Rekka won't prepare you for Marcus being crap and the like.

Richie

Wario Land 4 on WiiU Virtual Console tomorrow for NA at $7.99.

Source

Thanks for the info! Excellent game, played it to no end back in the day. A shame I already got it as an Ambassadors' treat, and I refuse to pay for it just to have it on the U. Get on with your cross-buy options, Nintendo!

Color Zen is coming to the eShop next week. No price is listed.

I just downloaded the free version on to my phone. It's actually not that bad. It's a relaxing little time waster with good music. I'll bite if it's $2.

A warning to everyone about Mega Man 2 GB.....probably the worst megaman game ever. The game is piss easy to the point you would have to try to lose, and the music is screechy garbled nonsense. Luckily Mega Man 3 is out the same day, and that is 10000000% better and almost as good as the NES games.

Boogiepop

A warning to everyone about Mega Man 2 GB.....probably the worst megaman game ever. The game is piss easy to the point you would have to try to lose, and the music is screechy garbled nonsense. Luckily Mega Man 3 is out the same day, and that is 10000000% better and almost as good as the NES games.

Hopefully they'll at least make it a little cheaper (like the $3 price point or something) but I'm worried they won't. I need to have them all, though, so I'm throwing away my time and money on it regardless. Honestly a little happy to hear it's easy terrible instead of hard terrible though (already knew it was supposed to be awful). Just finished up Wily's Revenge/I (decided I'll follow along for Mega May), and that... that had some cheap, mildly rage inducing parts. Not that I mind a hard Mega Man game (and not that MMI is crap, just hard), but when I hear a game is terrible I don't really want the kind of terrible that makes it impossible (AKA Superman 64 or MMX7).

They definitely seem to have picked the right week to double down though. From what I hear II being the only VC game for the week would've been a little sad.

I'm 20 coins away from being a gold member on Club Nintendo ( I want my calender :p).

EDIT: I'm a girl btw...... ;'(

NeoGAF: where you're assumed male by default :p

I've got 60 coins to go, but more than enough surveys in the queue to hit it. :( I can't help it, Kirby _and_ Mario Golf came out the first week...

Top Bottom