• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Flipmo23

catfish said:
about to hop on the train, ride home, walk in the door with a couple a beers and watch the conference. good deal.
I have the beers already, but where do I see the conference? I can't find it at 1up.

Nintendo's are the only one you can get excited for. Surprises all round, Reggie quotes, Iwata facial expressions, and maybe Miyamoto!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Everyone get on gamespot...we'll all get in a chat and talk on there. Somebody pick a room.

I can't wait to see the stark contrast between Sony's conference and Nintendo's. Nintendo usually puts on a great show even if they aren't releasing huge things.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The stream and chats are up for subscribers at Gamespot. Just music now, of course. Looks like a 500K stream.

SantaC

AzureRonin said:
I can't wait to see the stark contrast between Sony's conference and Nintendo's. Nintendo usually puts on a great show even if they aren't releasing huge things.

nintendo is usually showing gameplay, which matters.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
SantaCruZer said:
nintendo is usually showing gameplay, which matters.

This is good because they know how to present it well, SCE's Press Conference had a lot of gameplay, but it was surely not well presented.

Shmmeee

Damn I can't leave work until 5:30, this thing had better get delayed till 6 :( (GMT)

Has anyone tried Nintendo's stream yet (if it's showing anything)? Or is the concensus still gamespot?

Where has the best after the fact download video?

I'm so fucking excited!!

EDIT: :O and I'm a member. My Birthday, Nintendo conference and GAF membership in one day. I might just pass out.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
yeah someone post the link to the gamespot room all the GAFers are in once the conference is about to start

ckohler

Damn it! IGN has DRMed their live stream making it completely unmatchable on my Mac! Stupid fucks. :(

Edit: I meant to say IGN not Gamespot.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
I'm going to ask this again, sorry for the repetitiveness:

Why did IGN not carry the Sony conference live? What about people like me with Insider membership?

My next question:

Why do I even bother with Insider membership?

Barf_the_Mog said:
I'm going to ask this again, sorry for the repetitiveness:

Why did IGN not carry the Sony conference live? What about people like me with Insider membership?

My next question:

Why do I even bother with Insider membership?

1. Gamespot had the rights to the Sony conference live.

2. IGN hates you.

3. You hate yourself.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
AzureRonin said:

We could say that last year's Nintendo did put an E3 Press Conference comparable to th one Sony put yesterday in all fairness.

yjs666

Am I wasting my bandwidth by opening up the stream now? Or should I get in early to avoid network overload later?

Panajev2001a said:
We could say that last year's Nintendo did put an E3 Press Conference comparable to th one Sony put yesterday in all fairness.

Wasn't last year the unveiling of TP? At least it was entertaining from what I remember.

dwdw2xe.jpg

No, I'm not making this up. This guy is standing outside the conference area...

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
fly high ~ayunite~ said:
NoE's attempt at E3 coverage...
http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/e3/
Once again NOE shows how awesome it is.

For some reason I feel we won't be very satisfied after this is over. I pray I'm wrong of course but I don't think Nintendo will go all out, or if they do it won't be as amazing as we hope. Ok, you can all come and kill me now.

We're just about there... it's been so long coming that waiting an hour or so will be nothing.

The Gamespot E3_2006 #3 has the least people in it - you guys want to jump in there?

Top Bottom