• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Did something just happen on the Gamespot feed? My audio quit and now I'm just looking at a black screen instead of that Nintendo placeholder one that was there a few moments ago..

edit: Nevermind, just reloaded and now its working fine

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Still waiting ... no word yet when the delays will end and we can get seated but they have some video feeds in the hall and it looks like it shouldn't be long. Looks like Microsoft is going to have delays of their own, being that almost all of the press here is going to head over.

AdmiralViscen said:
"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

What do I do?

did you watch the sony stream on gamespot last night? if so, clear your browser's cookies, cache, and history. also, what version of wmp are you running? if it's not the newest version, quickly update it. that's all i can think of...

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
oh god, and no more pictures or videos of weirdo westerners playing with the wiimotes as seen in the Ubi and Activision stuff. Just no.

AdmiralViscen said:
"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

What do I do?

I can't access gamespot with that link but it works fine for me if i go to http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3live.html and click the big 'Watch it Live' button after logging in with basic account....

Shmmeee

MrSardonic said:
nintendo's conference cannot fail as long as they don't show Tony Hawk Downhill Jam

QFT. First party + Red Steel all the way, maybe let EA on if they're good.

I just can't see this thing being less than 2 hours if they're going to show everything and talk about DS/GBA/Brain Training

I doubt the show will start on time.

Too many of the press were probably out until the wee hours last night and will probably be scrambling to make it to the Hollywood in time.

Krowley

[Nintex] said:
I haven't seen Sony's conference yet was it really that bad. What did they mess up the MGS4 trailer looked awesome.

the price mainly. That's just a really bad piece of news... but the way the show was put together was also crap. they made psp look like a poor afterthought, They had this attitude like "we are sony, we will own you" at the beginning of the conference and then they consistently underdelivered for the remainder.... also there were no gameplay demonstrations of a AAA game (unless you count heavenly sword, and that is an unproven franchise with no history). There were lots of long drawn out segments focused on usless information. They spent 20 minutes showing gran turismo 4 with HD assets... It still looked like GT4 and it was boring as hell.

Basicly you look at all the ps3 games and there was nothing being played that really came off as a system seller. MGS4 and FF were the only surefire AAA things shown, and both were only in trailer form, and i doubt they will launch with the system. then you add the price in, and it was as bad (or worse) than microsoft last year, and the price news is actually worse news than anything in last years microsoft conference.

vitaflo

HomShaBom said:
I'm trying this on PC, to open it in my quicktime but it isn't working at all. I get either its 'not a valid url' or this 'this isnt a movie file'

Most likely because it's for Mac's with Flip4Mac plugin installed (which doesn't exist on PC). Just use WMP on the PC for the stream.

Cherubae

Darko said:
thanks allot man works perfectly, lol @ the music

mariogif.gif

:lol :lol it's in beat too

MrSardonic said:
oh god, and no more pictures or videos of weirdo westerners playing with the wiimotes as seen in the Ubi and Activision stuff. Just no.

i will gladly accept pics of the activison girl revmoting as long as i dont ahve to look at downhill jam.

Aurora

I can't seem to find a link to the broadcast on GameSpot - will it only be available at 9:30am when the Conference "starts" or is there a way to start streaming right now?

EDIT: Nevermind, the link magically appeared... wasn't there before.

Roders5

MikeHaggar said:
man, i'm pumped for this. i can't wait! reggie had better kick some ass and take some names. i wanna see him call out kutaragi for stealing the wiimote functions, wwf style.
Panda style?

Beezy

AMN said:
8:45: We have just learned that we can expect to see some sort of new Star Wars game unveiled at the press conference. There are 45 minutes to go. After the conference look for more detailed reporting as well as video and images of the games shown.

9:02: We're less than a half hour from the media briefing. It's rumored that Mario may make an appearance. In other news, Nintendo's got a nice techno beat playing for the members of the media in attendance.

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6709

Star Wars kid? :lol

NME

Now, none of this is likely to happen, but Nintendo could eliminate the competition in short order with just a few announcements today. Mind you, they get more and more ridiculous as we progress. That being said:

- Games will not exceed the $50 price point

- Wii will launch at $149

- Virtual Console content will be made available for free

- The Grand Theft Auto series will be exclusive to the Wii

and of course,

-
The name "Wii" was a joke to try to get Sony to change the name to PSWii.

Realistically...maybe one of these will come to pass. Two if we're lucky.

effzee

im on the 1up stream using WMP....should i use quicktime instead? whats better?

anyway so far all i hear is this weird techno, see the silver/metallic nintendo logo and hear some people in the background.

JayDubya

Banned
Aurora said:
I can't seem to find a link to the broadcast on GameSpot - will it only be available at 9:30am when the Conference "starts" or is there a way to start streaming right now?

Refresh it, it now says "On the Air."

It's just music now, but it isn't late like Sony, it was supposed to start at 11:30.

Roders5

DSC_2511.JPG

Still waiting ... no word yet when the delays will end and we can get seated but they have some video feeds in the hall and it looks like it shouldn't be long. Looks like Microsoft is going to have delays of their own, being that almost all of the press here is going to head over.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Geez, I can't even access 1up or gamespot anymore. And I was hoping to at least watch some of it on my lunch break.

Top Bottom