• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

the-iek

direct link to gamespot's stream: mms://a1217.l1165462712.c11654.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1217/11654/v0001/reflector:62712?auth=caEbWatd2b7bObabsahdocMalbzaHababb9-beylJE-b4-xBLqFD&aifp=jsd&push=0&prestream=gsad_bestbuy_e3ad2_050406&onthespot=1

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
thanks for the 1up link. watched that G4 clip, cant wait to see Zelda

where are the gamespot chat rooms?

Krowley

dark10x said:
Is there a confirmed delay or something? I mean, it seems like it could happen, but has anything been confirmed?

nahh, they are just always about 20 minutes late.

during the delay you get to look at a black screen and listen to tracks of a rock band playing mario and zelda tunes (that's how i remember it anyway)

Shmmeee

FoxHimself said:
dwdw2xe.jpg

No, I'm not making this up. This guy is standing outside the conference area...

:lol :lol

I love Nintendo fans, you just don't get that passion with Sony or MS.

Saoh

gimmmick said:
Hopefully gamespot will do a better job with nintendo's conference stream.

you mean compared to last year or this year? ´cuz SONY conf. was great, except for the part where the live feed guys fell asleep and disconnected everybody :lol

last year it was terrible.

Krowley

Soul4ger said:
Could Nintendo really screw this up?

sure, several ways...

intense ugly graphics all over the place, bad implementation of the controller, secrecy and not showing much.. they aren't bullet proof at all.

But last night, sony lowered the bar.

[Nintex]

Krowley said:
sure, several ways...

intense ugly graphics all over the place, bad implementation of the controller, secrecy and not showing much.. they aren't bullet proof at all.

But last night, sony lowered the bar.
I haven't seen Sony's conference yet was it really that bad. What did they mess up the MGS4 trailer looked awesome.

Anyone with Ign Insider having trouble connecting to their livewire. On the Livewire page it won't let me click on any of the options to open the video.

i have the gamespot stream open right now. techno music is playing. their sony stream last night was practically perfect. i'd def recommend people use gamespot to watch the nintendo conference using the sony stream from last night as a reference.

wow, my phone just got a text message (i have the ac: ww theme song as ringtone) and it blended pretty well with the nintendo music...

omg that must be a hint!!!

MikeHaggar said:
i have the gamespot stream open right now. techno music is playing. their sony stream last night was practically perfect. i'd def recommend people use gamespot to watch the nintendo conference using the sony stream from last night as a reference.

"Windows Media Player cannot access the file. The file might be in use, you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored, or your proxy settings might not be correct."

C00D11D2: Cannot access the file
Windows Media Player cannot access the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

This file is currently in use. Close the file, and then try again.
You do not have permission to access the server or other location where the file is stored. Verify that you have the appropriate access rights, and then try again.
You do not have permission to access the proxy server. Verify that you have the appropriate access rights, and then try again.
If you are trying to rip (copy) a track from a CD to your hard disk, you might not have permission to rip to the specified hard disk location. Verify that you have the appropriate access rights, and then try again. If the problem persists, try ripping to another folder.

What do I do?

Mashing

I hope this stream runs better considering there are more streaming sources out there for the Ninty conference. I'm not expecting it though, even at 300k the Sony conference was chugging on my 8mbit cable connection.

[Nintex] said:
I haven't seen Sony's conference yet was it really that bad. What did they mess up the MGS4 trailer looked awesome.

Really boring for the majority of the conference - then it got a lot more interesting once Heavenly Sword was shown. From that point on, it was a lot better, and Sony kept gaining more and more momentum until the end when the price was announced.... At which point, everyone realized Sony was out of their minds

yjs666

I had some issues with the Gamespot stream in the beginning of the presentation, the sound would go on but the video would just be still pictures changing every 10 seconds. But it got a lot better about 10 minutes in and from then on it was pretty much flawless.

Here's hoping the IGN Insider stream is better quality!

Aurora

25 minutes!

I feel like Jesus right now - so much love pouring out of my heart. I love each and every one of you. God bless E3! :'(

Does anyone else think this music (on Gamespot's feed) would go perfectly with a Jet Set Radio sequel?

Spray painting with the Wiimote anyone?

Discharger said:
Really boring for the majority of the conference - then it got a lot more interesting once Heavenly Sword was shown. From that point on, it was a lot better, and Sony kept gaining more and more momentum until then end when the price was announced.... At which point, everyone realized Sony was out of their minds

Actually I think the Sony conference started to suck again when Kutaragi brought out the controller.

The price was like getting punched in the stomach.

vitaflo

HomShaBom said:
invalid url?

Right click and copy. Don't copy the text. GAF fudges long url names, but the URL itself works. Perhaps this will work better:

Code:
http://zdmedia-e32006-nintendo-press-conference.wm.llnwd.net/zdmedia_e32006_nintendo_press_conference

BTW, this is the Quicktime stream for all you Mac users who can't stream WMV.

Top Bottom