• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo historians I need some help!

I'm looking for someone or a website that has a log of all the IP's Nintendo has since the NES. Preferably from the NES and SNES era, and specifically has some connection to war(Nazi). Now if their isn't such a title, then I apologize for asking.

Well, the Japanese version of Bionic Commando for NES had Hitler and Nazis in it (changed to "Master D" and "The Badd" and "The Nazz" for the US release).

DJ Demon J said:
Well, the Japanese version of Bionic Commando for NES had Hitler and Nazis in it (changed to "Master D" and "The Badd" and "The Nazz" for the US release).

Is this title a Nintendo IP? And thanks for responding.

M3wThr33

Banned
There was a game that involved some religious symbols and one was a manji, the mirror image of the swastika. The SSBM trophy was removed for the US release.

Keep in mind eastern cultures still use the manji and swastika as signs of good luck. There's no inherent Hitler/Nazi thought along with it because they used it long before he came around. Sadly Americans have one track minds and made it instantly taboo.

OG_Original Gamer said:
Is this title a Nintendo IP? And thanks for responding.
No.

I don't believe any Nintendo games had Nazi references in them, unless some edition of Famicom Wars had Nazi-like enemies.

But I sincerely doubt it.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Devil World is a cool little tidbit, in my mind.

Something about it really just freaked me the fuck out when I was watching it on a demo in a game store in Osaka this summer. (Super Potato I think)

Top Bottom