• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda II Enhanced Remake - I wish Nintendo would remaster old games like this

Trilobit

When there were rumours about Super Mario 64 coming to Switch I was nearly salivating over how good the remake would look. And then it was basically just a rom. It's better to not expect any remakes from them despite us getting Metroid Prime and Thousand Year Door. Less disappointments.

My dream would be a remake of Super Mario Bros 2.

StereoVsn

its honestly a fun and challenging game. once you know your way around and understand leveling up and stuff its not quite as bad.

I remember as a kid my best friend and I finally beat that thunderbird final boss only to get destroyed by teh REAL final boss our mouths were just dropped open with shock.

I eventually beat it years later. Great memories.
Oh sure, it makes sense now, but when I was like 11 playing it without having Internet or guides, it made 0 sense especially after Zelda 1, lol.

Now I am thinking of actually going though the game with a QoL ROM hack.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Game was much harder than the first one
Not really. The completely random enemy movement of Zelda 1 was a bitch, and navigating the dungeons was much harder. Those Darknut and Wizzrobe- filled rooms are still killing many a pro’s run today. It’s something you can never master completely, no matter how long you’ve played the game. That kind of mess is very occasional in Zelda 2.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Not really. The completely random enemy movement of Zelda 1 was a bitch, and navigating the dungeons was much harder. Those Darknut and Wizzrobe- filled rooms are still killing many a pro’s run today. It’s something you can never master completely, no matter how long you’ve played the game. That kind of mess is very occasional in Zelda 2.
Zelda two was harder than Zelda. That is a fact not an opinion, don't come in hear with your garbage. You are error.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Zelda I may not have been harder, but the movement was more janky.
They both were hard. Unless you used Nintendo Power Hotline or some shit.
Those days, I never even got on the phone, unless it was to talk to Grandma or Mom or Dad.

In fact, I got a neat, little story about Zelda II:
I knew this kid, 15 years old, named Andre, I hung with him and another kid that was the same age as him, I was 8, but I played video games pretty good and I told them I could and so, one time he invited me to his apartment, well... his Mom's apartment! and I came and I did my shit, we played Double Dragon 2 and I was getting the hang of it, since I had played 1 in the arcades. We got to stage 6... that stage ended our shit so easily. It was something more advanced than all of the other stages. Nothing but seemingly precise jumps across revolving tracks. Nightmare shit with terrifying-death music. Must have been a design choice, lol.

Andre, lent me Zelda 2 after that time. I... accidentally deleted his save because I was not totally literate. I mean.. in Zelda 1, I was still saying "Master USENG AND U CAN HAVE DEES"

He was pissed off....big time.. he even talked to my Mom about the shit and... amazingly enough. They agreed I should hold onto the game until I could replicate the save... It was an almost perfect save, I believe, just missing 2 hearts, in the final part of the map.
Long-story-short? I spent a whole month ONLY playing Zelda II...I was playing this fucking thing the same way I played the First One... wee hours in the morning, in stealth.

In retrospect, I don't think it matters what age someone is, well... there has to be some kind of low threshold, right? but, damn.. I beat Blaster Master, Kid Icarus, Rygar, Iron Sword, W&W1(easier than Iron Sword) and so many others, before I even hit aged 10. Insane persistence and an industry still too young to produce the amounts of modern trash we have now.

I really need to just binge NES games again. I have 25+ and a toploader with HDMI mod. So it's not out of the question.

Top Bottom