• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo late to own party: Platinum GC Controller to be sold seperately

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Bothered by the fact that Nintendo only sells Indigo, Jet Black, and Spice-colored GC controllers seperately, but not platinum-colored ones to compliment your Platinum GameCube? Well, Nintendo FINALLY redeems themselves and will offer the platinum controller seperately starting in late September. Don't fancy those Wavebirds and are still pizzaz on corded controllers? Well, hope springs eternal come this Fall.

B00006N5T8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The platinum-colored controllers will ship on Sept. 30th, with an MSRP of $24.99. (Unless of course, Nintendo changes their mind.)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I could buy this or Katamari Damacy a week earlier and 5 bucks cheaper. Hmm, I don't know which to get!

Memles

SantaCruZer said:
buy a wavebird instead.

Yes...but a WaveBird is $15 more expensive. I'm looking for a fourth controller, havea Grey WaveBird already, and I can either get a regular Platinum for $25 (Canadian, there is for some reason no price difference between US/Canada), a second Grey WaveBird for $30 CDN, or a Platinum one for $40.

Conflicted, I be.

cvxfreak

The silver controller has been available separately in Japan since December 2002! That said, all we need is the Platinum WaveBird that's also been available in Japan for awhile - and perhaps the clear controller that comes with the Enjoyment Plus Pack +.

EDIT: Wait, is the Platinum WaveBird out in the US?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Bah...for a very long time I wanted a Platinum Cube. Liked my black one a lot. Then I get one and...it's sort of a chincy looking Platinum. Pictures were deceiving.

miyuru

I don't like the feel of the paint on the platinum controllers. I'm just too used to my launch controllers.

Top Bottom