• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Network + Miiverse Thread: RIP Friend Codes, 2005-2012

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Waiting on our system to update now to get online.

Ok so question: I CAN send people friends requests they can accept, we don't have to manually add one another friends-code-exchange style?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It's pretty awesome actually and should get better as the community grows. It's kind of like Steam Communities and twitter.

Edit: Kaijima. you just send a request if done through miiverse.

Thank you! System update is half done, shall get cracking soon.

Drago

Added myself. Super64

Not exactly the name I wanted but I like it much more than PokeDrago :)

I'm not gonna add anyone on my own but if anyone wants to add me they're free to

BY2K

Membero Americo
Please either include your Gaf username or mention that you are from GAF when sending me a friend request. I'm not accepting requests from people I don't recall.

Spruchy

Please either include your Gaf username or mention that you are from GAF when sending me a friend request. I'm not accepting requests from people I recall.

I don't know if you can send messages when sending a friend request, I added you though.

Going through the page and adding everyone, launch buddies are still lasting me on 360.

ID is same as my gaf name.

RetroGreg

It asked me to set up a new Nintendo Network ID and now it seems hung up on the white screen with the Wii U logo at the bottom right. Did it take a long time (like over 5 minutes) for anyone else at this step?

dkeane

It asked me to set up a new Nintendo Network ID and now it seems hung up on the white screen with the Wii U logo at the bottom right. Did it take a long time (like over 5 minutes) for anyone else at this step?
I had to manually power down the system and try again. But maybe I was just impatient.

Omzz

Added myself to the list.

Btw had a question, when i started Miiverse it said to link my Nintendo Network ID to it. I thought that was automatically done when I created a NNID, or am I missing something?

BY2K

Membero Americo
TheChits, you'll have to resend your friend request. I refused you because I couldn't tell if you were from GAF.

Downhome

Awesome, for once Downhome is actually available. I just signed up, so feel free to add me if you want. I'll be adding some people soon.

Linkhero1

I can't connect to Miiverse. I keep getting an error code -_-

How can I change my settings so I can receive friend requests?

rpmurphy

I can't connect to Miiverse. I keep getting an error code -_-

How can I change my settings so I can receive friend requests?
Once you set up your friend list, then I think by default in Miiverse, you receive friend requests.

Also can't get on Miiverse either, server errors probably.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
To set up your friends list push home on the gamepad and choose friends. I couldn't find it last night.

Anyways added my ID MichaelVash7886 to the list. Add me if you like.

Online games:
AC3
Sonic
Will have BLOPS this week I think.

terrisus

Well, I think I only added like a dozen people to my Wii friends list (but then, of course, it was just the Wii friends list...), so, maybe I'll actually do something with this now. Plus, hey, this is NeoGAF.

So, added myself to the list (although probably won't have the chance to actually go through the list and add people from there for a while, but feel free to add me).

Linkhero1

I'm in Miiverse and it says something about initial setup friends or some bullshit. Why the fuck is Nintendo making shit impossible. I have no idea what to do and Miiverse being slow is rather annoying.

Edit: Nvm looooooool.

Edit 2: Alright. I changed my settings to accept Friend Requests. Include your GAF names if you decide to send me a friend request. I'll be adding people later tonight hopefully :)

BD1

Banned
I'm really digging MiiVerse so far. It's a landmark platform, imo. Wii U feels like the first console to be truly social. The community features are woven right into its DNA.

I'm adding my username.

Awesome, for once Downhome is actually available. I just signed up, so feel free to add me if you want. I'll be adding some people soon.

FYI - when I search your name it finds you but does not allow friend requests.

Same problem with MarkusRJR

Make sure you go to settings and allow friend requests.

dkeane

The OP should add that going to Miiverse and searching for a user lets you send a proper friend request with a message.

Top Bottom