• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Press Conference - Has Begun

deadlifter said:
Are there going to be NOA conference updates in here? Or is there another thread for that?

NOA has something later today? Please let me know before I get offline

EDIT: OH "We'll have more on Ridge Racer DS as the day progresses at Nintendo's Gamer Summit in Seattle" IGN DS

Memles

Maybe it's just me...but isn't keeping a fair bit of software until Spring a strong business move for Nintendo?

Sell the system at launch with a big Mario game (More of a new game than we had expected) and some strong third party support and then create almost like a whole new launch with Mario Kart/Advance Wars/Wario Ware in the Spring? The early adopters get Mario, then the new software can bring more people, like myself in.

Wario, you going to cancel one of the preorders maybe? ;)

Deku Tree

Memles said:
Maybe it's just me...but isn't keeping a fair bit of software until Spring a strong business move for Nintendo?

Sell the system at launch with a big Mario game (More of a new game than we had expected) and some strong third party support and then create almost like a whole new launch with Mario Kart/Advance Wars/Wario Ware in the Spring? The early adopters get Mario, then the new software can bring more people, like myself in.

Wario, you going to cancel one of the preorders maybe? ;)

I'm sure they're saving some big software to be released at the same time as the PSP in the US.

explodet

Currently Active Users: 690 (342 members and 348 guests)
Most users ever online was 691, Today at 02:28 PM.

Big day.

Cherubae

explodet said:
Currently Active Users: 690 (342 members and 348 guests)
Most users ever online was 691, Today at 02:28 PM.

Big day.

Well people have to sit here and read through a 15 page thread :D There's more people here who would of normally browsed and moved on.

Mmmm.... River King DS.... (ok I'm probably the only person interested in this title...)

Memles

Deku Tree said:
I'm sure they're saving some big software to be released at the same time as the PSP in the US.

Pokemon Dash + Mario Kart + Wario Ware in March, if it launches in March, and then Advance Wars in early Summer, maybe along with Metroid.

SaitoH

Question: Is Nintendo going to continue to give decent support for the Advance? I ask because in spite of a very good looking launch, I can't justify buying a new system considering how little I play portable games.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Wtf, a 15 page DS thread. What the hell has been happening today whilst I was at college?

Anyone mind just summarising this thread in say a paragraph? There's a cookie in it for someone.

Oh, and subscribing to this thread. I never did realise that subsciption to threads wasn't automatic like the old boards. Cheers for that.

Memles

SaitoH said:
Question: Is Nintendo going to continue to give decent support for the Advance? I ask because in spite of a very good looking launch, I can't justify buying a new system considering how little I play portable games.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap seems to be the last big GBA hurrah for Nintendo at this point, along with DK King of Swing, Yoshi's Gravitation Thingy, and Wario Ware: Tilt Sensor Edition.

Memles

Great King Bowser said:
Anyone mind just summarising this thread in say a paragraph? There's a cookie in it for someone..

10-12 Games at Launch (Japan and US)
US gets Mario 64 DS, no other first party.
Japan gets more first party, since less third party support.
Individual game announcements mostly have threads on the main page.
Games at $30 US.

Deku Tree

Memles said:
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap seems to be the last big GBA hurrah for Nintendo at this point, along with DK King of Swing, Yoshi's Gravitation Thingy, and Wario Ware: Tilt Sensor Edition.

Pokemon Emerald in the US.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
dark10x said:
So you believe that the current DS situtation has NOTHING to do with Sony? Nintendo did not take any competition into consideration when working on the portfolio for the DS?
That's correct.

Kon Tiki

Banned
New NDS Games
Final Fantasy, Pokemon and more bring the total to 124 games and counting.
October 07, 2004 - Nintendo went on the portable offensive in Japan (as well as in America) today, revealing a bunch of new games for the NDS portable system. With the new games revealed today, the total number of titles set for release in Japan for the system has increased to 124, in development from sixty-three publishers.

The new titles for Japanese release mentioned by Nintendo are listed here, split by publisher. Some of these titles have already been announced for America. Many of them are completely new. Many of them will never come to America. Almost all of them have tentative names (that didn't stop us from putting "tentative name" in parenthesis" next to each game, though).

ALPHA UNIT
Action Game (tentative name)

ARIKA
Animatic RPG (tentative name)

ARTOON
Monster Summoner (tentative name)

ARUZE
Tounou ni Asekaku Game Series! Vol. 2 (tentative name)
Tounou ni Asekaku Game Series! Vol. 3 (tentative name)
Meikyuu (tentative name)
Action RPG (tentative name)

BANDAI
Guru Guru Otenyasan Gokko (tentative name)
Keroro Gunsou (tentative name)
Kero Kero King (tentative name)
SD Gundam Simulation (tentative name)
Mahou Touch (tentative name)

BANPRESTO
Super Robot Taisen (tentative name)

D3 PUBLISHER
Simple DS Series

ELECTRONIC ARTS
Golden Eye (tentative nam)
Need For Speed Underground (tentative name)

HUDSON
Momotetsu World (tentative name)
Action RPG (tentative name)

INTERACTIVE BRAINS
Toihezzu World (tentative name)
Deep Labyrinth (tentative name)

KIDS STATION
Tentouin Yamada Hajime 2 (tentative name)
Card Battle Game (tentative name)
Tantou (Detective) Adventure Game (tentative name)

MARVELOUS ENTERTAINMENT
Luna (tentative name)

MEGA CYBER
Londonian Gothics: Meikyu no Lolita (Labyrinth Lolita)

MTO
Ochaken DS (tentative name)
Kawai Shiken DS (tentative name)

NINTENDO
Magical Vacation 2 (tentative name)
Project JSS (tentative name)
Yakuman DS (tentative name)
Another (tentative name)
Advance Wars (tentative name)
Balloon Trip (tentative name)
Chokkan Hito Fude
Band Brothers
Pokemon Dash

NAU PRODUCTIONS
Action Game (tentative name)

POKEMON
Pocket Monsters Diamond
Pocket Monsters Pearl

SEGA
TV Character Action
Multi Taisen (Battle) Sports Action

STARFISH
Super Black Bass ~ Dynamic Shot ~

SQUARE-ENIX
Final Fantasy III

SUCCESS
Guruguru Togetto (tentative name)

TOMY
New RPG (tentative name)

Just a few "unofficial" notes about these games. The Project JSS game coming from Nintendo may or may not be the Jump comic collaboration title announced yesterday on IGNDS. The RPG coming from Tomy may or may not be a Naruto-based RPG (Tomy just released such a game for the Game Boy Advance in Japan). The Momotetsu World game is the latest title in the Momotarou Dentetsu series; a previous IGNDS story made mention of this game as Nintendo invited the series' producer to its Kyoto headquarters to ask for support.

And that's it! A few of these games will be shown to IGN shortly at an event being held by Nintendo of America, so be sure and check back at IGNDS in just a bit.

-IGN

jarrod

Banned
Deku Tree said:
Pokemon Emerald in the US.
Also F-Zero Climax, Custom Robo Advance, Fire Emblem IX and Mother 3. There's also 3rd party stuff like MegaMan Battle Network 5, Riviera or Banjo Pilot on the way.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
924893_20041007_screen001.jpg

Not bad.

AniHawk

Great King Bowser said:
Oh, and subscribing to this thread. I never did realise that subsciption to threads wasn't automatic like the old boards. Cheers for that.

Final Fantasy III (the only FF Proper westerners have never received)
Super Mario 64 DS (looks like new levels, additions to gameplay, and minigames have been added)
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Advance Wars DS
Castlevania DS
Lunar DS
New Rez-guy game called Meteos, being worked on by him and the director for SSBM and Kirby (the one who left HAL)

And tons more. The games are going to be $30 at launch too.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Awesome Rayman, UbiSoft are consistently strong graphically. Nice to know someone other than Nintendo is trying to push the system.

Didn't see anyone mention this. That cute looking Nintendogs game? According to IGN, it has a new name.

Puppy Times

Apparently this is only a temporary title though. I don't like it as much as Nintendogs.

"Previously known as Nintendogs, in Puppy Times you can raise up to three adorable puppies and play with them to your heart's content. Teach your pups new tricks: just speak into the system's microphone and they'll respond to the voice commands you've taught them. There will even be modes in Puppy Times that support a wireless connection."

Soul4ger

AniHawk said:
Final Fantasy III (the only FF Proper westerners have never received)
Super Mario 64 DS (looks like new levels, additions to gameplay, and minigames have been added)
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Advance Wars DS
Castlevania DS
Lunar DS
New Rez-guy game called Meteos, being worked on by him and the director for SSBM and Kirby (the one who left HAL)

And tons more. The games are going to be $30 at launch too.

Lunar? It's been confirmed as Lunar/

Judging from that screenshot of Rayman DS, it's a port of Rayman 2. Hopefully it has some new content. Looks like the touchscreen is used for camera control. I bet that will happen a lot for adventure games and platformers.

Ristamar

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
Puppy Times

Apparently this is only a temporary title though. I don't like it as much as Nintendogs.

"Previously known as Nintendogs, in Puppy Times you can raise up to three adorable puppies and play with them to your heart's content. Teach your pups new tricks: just speak into the system's microphone and they'll respond to the voice commands you've taught them. There will even be modes in Puppy Times that support a wireless connection."

I agree, Nintendogs is a much better name. Puppy Times is too cutesy. If it isn't changed back to Nintendogs, I hope there is a different title before launch.

Soul4ger

Anyone pick up on this, from 1UP?

Meteos: Another Bandai-published project from Rez creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi, Meteos blends block-dropping puzzle action with some other curious gameplay elements -- apparently, the goal is to eventually launch all your blocks back up into orbit. Definitely a game to look out for, even if it doesn't look quite so visually sharp as Mizuguchi's PSP game Lumines. The game's design also features contributions from HAL Labs veteran and Kirby creator Masahiro Sakurai.

So wait, Ridge Racer DS isn't made by Namco?

"Scheduled as a launch title for the system in the US, Ridge Racer DS, in development at Nintendo's NST studio.....will utilize the lower screen for direct analog steering of the vehicles via the touch sensitive panel."-IGN

=W=

After reading through all 15 pages, and just finishing Syberia, I can easily say that my most anticipated game is Another. Not to say that everything else doesn't look pretty ace as well.

I love adventure games. devs make more plz ;_;

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
So wait, Ridge Racer DS isn't made by Namco?

"Scheduled as a launch title for the system in the US, Ridge Racer DS, in development at Nintendo's NST studio.....will utilize the lower screen for direct analog steering of the vehicles via the touch sensitive panel."-IGN
Makes fair enough sense; they did Ridge Racer 64.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Wow. I've really been trying not to be interested in the DS, but damn, a lot of these games look great, especially if they reach the US. Advance Wars, Yoshi's Touch & Go, Meteos, Mr Driller, Puyo Pop, Animal Crossing, etc are all games I'd love to try. Plus unseen games like Castlevania, JSS and some others.

I'll probably force myself to wait a while for this, maybe when GBA games have really dried up, but I'm going to have a hard time not buying one after today's showing.

I just got back to Advance Wars 2 not long ago, so I'm drooling over Advance Wars DS. I had been a bit upset that Advance Wars 2 had very few new features, even if it did have a much improved single-player mode, so I am quite thrilled by the new units visible and the combined CO powers as well as the second screen. The timer seems a little odd for a turn-based game, unless there is a day-night cycle.

I must also have Mario 64, Goemon, and Mr. Driller, but I am most interested in New Super Mario Bros, Castlevania, and Jump Super Stars (as well as any upcoming Fire Emblem), so I greatly look forward to some actual details on those.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Mama Smurf said:
Oh fucking hell, why would people want DS pics blown up? Complete morons.
Yeah... sure says a lot about IGN's readers.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Temujin said:
Hmm...the only games I'm really, really interested in are Another, Crush and Feel the magic XY/XX. Am I weird?

Do you touch yourself at night? Then yes, yes you are.

Mugen

Banned
NDS is cleaning up... I'm not really interested in Mario DS

But between DS Wars, Shonen Jump Melee and FFIII... this is a guaranteed buy for me.

How fun is this? Seriously! I've been beaming this whole damn thread.

The Go! Team - Thunder Lightning Strike = perfect soundtrack for this 40,000-view monster.

Top Bottom