• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Press Conference - Has Begun

weehomer

It's a bit bigger than I expected... Is it even a bit bigger than the PSP?

scej08.jpg

Spike

Holy crap!! IGN's writeup states that Reggie, in his keynote, said that a new Four Swords is being worked on.

Hurrah!!

Spike said:
Holy crap!! IGN's writeup states that Reggie, in his keynote, said that a new Four Swords is being worked on.

Hurrah!!
Yup! Miyamoto confirmed it, too:

Hearing this, Miyamoto threw in his own two cents on connectivity. "In creating GBA connectivity games for the GameCube, we had to deal with four handheld systems at once. Trying to get it all equipped was just troublesome," Miyamoto laughed. "But the DS comes with its own two screens, and it doesn't need wires. We're working on Legend of Zelda: Four Swords for the DS, so it'll be a competition."

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/07/news_6110005.html

Spike

metsallica said:
Yup! Miyamoto confirmed it, too:

Hearing this, Miyamoto threw in his own two cents on connectivity. "In creating GBA connectivity games for the GameCube, we had to deal with four handheld systems at once. Trying to get it all equipped was just troublesome," Miyamoto laughed. "But the DS comes with its own two screens, and it doesn't need wires. We're working on Legend of Zelda: Four Swords for the DS, so it'll be a competition."

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/07/news_6110005.html

WooHoo!!! Thanks for the confirmation, mets!!

A few days ago, I really didn't care for the DS, now I'm ready to head out and put down my deposit. Nice work, Nintendo.

Flakster99

Excelent news!

After watching most of the videos, reading up on many interviews and write ups, just so much excitment, passion from Nintendo and their 3rd parties, havent seen this in YEARS!

Flakster99 said:
Excelent news!

After watching most of the videos, reading up on many interviews and write ups, just so much excitment, passion from Nintendo and their 3rd parties, havent seen this in YEARS!
videos? Link?

I'm slacking on keeping up with this long thread :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah, no way am I gonna read every post in this thread. Someone post links to the videos or something

Ripclawe

Banned
capt.sge.qei95.071004165819.photo00.default-384x310.jpg

capt.sge.qei95.071004165819.photo01.default-384x284.jpg

mdf720620.jpg

capt.tok10510071303.japan_nintendo_tok105.jpg

r1535853391.jpg

and this for no reason

capt.nyet13909281434.people_cuthbert_nyet139.jpg

September 27, 2004 - Hollywood, CA. Elisha Cuthbert . Actress Elisha Cuthbert, center, uses the Bongo drum controller as she gets into the beat with Donkey Konga, a new video game for Nintendo GameCube, during a Monday, Sept. 27,2004, party to kick off the Nintendo Fusion Tour, in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles. The 39-city tour features the hottest video games and musical acts in the country, including Story of the Year, My Chemical Romance, Letter Kills, lostprophets, Autopilot Off and Anberlin. (AP Photo/Ninetendo, Eric Charbonneau-BEImages)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
ここのサイトに移ってはじめてきました。ももたろです。サイトがなくなって、だめになったのかなあと思ってましたから、うれしいですね。
 毎日チェックしていたんですけど、ぜんぜん知らない間にかわっていったんですね。たまたまグーグルから、チャットに入って、ここまできました。
 だめになったと思ってから、メトロは使ってないですけど、使ったほうがいいんでしょうね。

Okay, just to be clear since people are still throwing it around:

LUNAR DS IS NOT CONFIRMED. STOP SAYING LUNAR DS IS CONFIRMED.

A game called LUNA, from Marvelous Entertainment, is confirmed.

The game from Game Arts is simply known as NEW RPG.

LUNAR DS IS NOT CONFIRMED.

Thank you.

Soul4ger

JackFrost2012 said:

Thank you.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm praying for Grandia.

Jonnyram

Stryder said:
Guys, sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread, but has there been any mention of it being region free?
I want to know too, but there are a couple of things that point in the right direction. It plays GBA games and they are region free, and it has a language setting in the menu so it might just be one model for the whole world.

Pellham

Banned
SQUARE-ENIX
Final Fantasy III

Hot, that's my reason to get a DS right there.
And here I thought Square Enix would be PSP exclusive, at least for non-childrens' games other than FF/FF:CC.

Chrono

Banned
Man, I did NOT want to get a DS.

Now there's Advance Wars, Final Fantasy III, and SM64. Thanks god I have a huge backlog. Thanks to it I'll be getting a DS summer/fall 2005.

And I finally ordered Advance Wars 2 today! WOHOO!!

olimario

Banned
Mario 64 DS is the best 3d handheld game ever.
Nothing else on DS comes close... nothing on PSP will come close.
Killer app to the extreme.

Chrono

Banned
olimario said:
Mario 64 DS is the best 3d handheld game ever.
Nothing else on DS comes close... nothing on PSP will come close.
Killer app to the extreme.

IF it controlls well with a stylus. I have no doubt it'll be fun and I'll buy it, but I don't think it will be as great as it was on the N64 simply because of the analog stick.

olimario

Banned
Chrono said:
IF it controlls well with a stylus. I have no doubt it'll be fun and I'll buy it, but I don't think it will be as great as it was on the N64 simply because of the analog stick.

You can use the touch screen as an analog controller.

AniHawk

Actress Elisha Cuthbert, center, uses the Bongo drum controller as she gets into the beat with Donkey Konga, a new video game for Nintendo GameCube, in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles hours before she was kidnapped.

Holy crap!

jarrod

Banned
JackFrost2012 said:

Thank you.
According to johntv in the other thread, Luna is Lunar (both JP spellings being the same). Coming from Marvelous makes it a little questionable, but it's not like GameArts hasn't handed off Lunar before (Kadowkawa Shoten, MediaQuest, etc). So no, it's not confirmed really either way but it's still possible...

snapty00 said:
ATTENTION: Someone ask Nintendo who made the 3D chip of the DS. I want to hear this.
As Scrow linked to, the 3DROM cards were developed by Matrix Semiconductor. The 3D instruction set on the ARM9 is said done by Nintendo internally (like the 2D instruction set added to the GBA/DS ARM7).

Kon Tiki

Banned
krypt0nian said:
I thought this was well known but i guess it got overshadowed by the 7th.

One link of MANY: http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7004
For the GameCube Mario Party 6 and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat will be shown, the Game Boy Advance will have to do with Yoshi no Banyuuin Ryoku (Yoshi's Universal Gravitation).
Nintendo also mentioned that 'many other new games' will be shown, but hasn't confirmed any titles yet.

That is the Toys R Us thing.

Society said:
That is the Toys R Us thing.

The Toys R us thing was the 9-11th as per your link on the Official DS thread.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/552/552322p1.html

"Nintendo of Japan announced today that the Nintendo DS conference would be just one of three such events during the month of October. The other two, taking place October 13th and 14th, will cater toward the press and retailers. During these two days, Nintendo will showcase its Holiday line-up, including both hardware and software. As before, the DS will be available for hands-on testing.'

cvxfreak

Holy snap, Sony actually brought an NES SP to display next to the PSP?

Man, I'm not liking the PSP's size at all mainly because it looks so vulnerable. :(

CVXFREAK said:
Holy snap, Sony actually brought an NES SP to display next to the PSP?

Man, I'm not liking the PSP's size at all mainly because it looks so vulnerable. :(

I respect the fact that they went all out and got the classy NES SP model.

Top Bottom