• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch 2 Will Get AAA Games At Launch, It's Claimed

Draugoth

Gold Member
nintendo-switch-2.jpg

According to Paul Gale, the Nintendo Switch 2 will have “big launch window releases” from third-party studios. These include “significant” AAA games.

“A few major third party developers whom at E3 2017 weren’t anticipating Nintendo Switch taking off the way it did and didn’t have a Triple A title at launch/the show itself, are working on big launch window releases for Nintendo’s next system,”

Gale posted on Twitter.

“[Nintendo Switch 2] will have some early, significant ports, parallel releases, and exclusives.”

Source

Nintendo is not going to launch a system without a few first party IPs. There should be at least a 3D Mario game, and a Zelda-like action rpg game, a party game, and a racing game all around the launch window!

Last edited:

RCU005

I'm betting on Mario Kart launch. What other game is bigger than Zelda? Not even a 3D Mario can reach Zelda and Mario Kart numbers, and it's way overdue.

Ozriel

M$FT
we know it’s getting a full fat Call of Duty port, based on the deal MS signed with Nintendo. Probably at launch.

Hopefully it also launches with a FIFA game that matches the current gen console versions feature for feature.

Aside that, Street Fighter 6 is a likely lock.

Zannegan

I'm sorry, but... THIS Paul Gale?

EDIT: Ye olde Neogaf thread

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Well,duh of course its going to have big support at launch

The question is if Switch 2 can keep it for six years+, it will depend on the sales but also hardware and target audience

Closer

It happens with every new Nintendo system. The AAA games are rereleases of older games with some aditional DLC baked in then developers be mad it didn't sell well and no more AAA games for Nintendo.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
In general most new consoles get "good enough" launch games, I think many people expect AAA out the gate, at the same rate if you're stepping into a new console gen arena you jump on important franchise and start a new console gen with integrity.

like a boss mic drop GIF

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I expect a mountain of ports from 3rd parties, like ridiculous amount.

It’ll be tougher for indies in launch window with all the games compared to switch, games like Fast RMX were successful for being early and without many alternatives… that’s unlikely on switch 2

BlackTron

It happens with every new Nintendo system. The AAA games are rereleases of older games with some aditional DLC baked in then developers be mad it didn't sell well and no more AAA games for Nintendo.

This is true but only accounts for the "early, significant ports" portion of the rumor. Yeah we always expect ports but what about the parallel releases and exclusives? If the rumor is true those would actually sell a lot.

Top Bottom