• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
No it wasnt, she said she spoke to her source at NOA, and then said Switch info will be coming in upcoming gaming mags

I'm talking about the initial discussion before Laura updating her article and mentioning the NoA source:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227517006&postcount=8165

And later that day she tweeted this:

Contrary to my past report on BOTW release date it is 100% coming at Switch launch in North America in March. Have seen finalised materials.

Which seems to refer the same thing.

Edit: I wonder if her source at NoA is a direct source or refers these PR materials?

Net

New Zelda screenshot: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5m1690/new_legend_of_zelda_botw_screenshot/?sort=top
Edit: official source: https://www.facebook.com/LegendofZeldaFrance/?brand_redir=290107137788890

cJ5Iz2M.jpg

What incredibly shit image compression.

I see a red horse, a blue horse, and a green horse.

Courage, wisdom, and power?

sfried

Nintendo Switch |OT| Switch |TO| Nintendo
Nintendo Switch |OT| Like we did last summer
Nintendo Switch |OT| NX Gonna Give It To Ya

Nanashrew

Banned
What incredibly shit image compression.

I see a red horse, a blue horse, and a green horse.

Courage, wisdom, and power?

Facebook is by far one of the the worst for compression sadly. Twitter and Facebook seem to try to beat each other in how ugly they can make images.

LoveCake

I thought this the best place to ask, on the 13th Jan are there going to be any special measures on GAF with the Switch live stream because usually it goes down with big announcements like this :(

It is on 4am here in the UK and I am planning to get up early to watch it and also will be posting here on GAF.

I don't know what the solution is though, as GAF is looked upon by the rest of the industry and lost of non-members will be viewing GAF, would having GAF only visible to members who can log-in (once logged in) be a viable solution perhaps? I don't want to stop anyone from viewing GAF but just wondered if there was any measures that are viable or if this has been considered?

LordKano

I thought this the best place to ask, on the 13th Jan are there going to be any special measures on GAF with the Switch live stream because usually it goes down with big announcements like this :(

It is on 4am here in the UK and I am planning to get up early to watch it and also will be posting here on GAF.

I don't know what the solution is though, as GAF is looked upon by the rest of the industry and lost of non-members will be viewing GAF, would having GAF only visible to members who can log-in (once logged in) be a viable solution perhaps? I don't want to stop anyone from viewing GAF but just wondered if there was any measures that are viable or if this has been considered?

GAF crashing is at least half the fun of press conferences.

Oersted

What actually interest me the most about Switch, is probably something they won't discuss at the event lol.

They gonna show us games like Zelda and Mario, stuff we all expect.

But given that many of these games are basically finished or obviously will be finished soon, the question is what next for the developers?

DLC like for Mario Kart 8? Straight up sequels like Pokemon Black & White 2? New entries in the series like Breath of Wild? New IPs like Splatoon? All of this?

maxcriden

I'm talking about the initial discussion before Laura updating her article and mentioning the NoA source:

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227517006&postcount=8165

And later that day she tweeted this:

Which seems to refer the same thing.

Edit: I wonder if her source at NoA is a direct source or refers these PR materials?

It's hard to tell what's specifically meant by these materials. I'm wondering if the finalized materials are for marketing (print or instore adverts) rather than game magazine articles. If the former, since Game Informer for example comes our before the event, it makes sense they wouldn't have articles or adverts that spoil the announcements in that issue. (Forgive me if I misunderstood, I haven't followed all this super closely.)

What actually interest me the most about Switch, is probably something they won't discuss at the event lol.

They gonna show us games like Zelda and Mario, stuff we all expect.

But given that many of these games are basically finished or obviously will be finished soon, the question is what next for the developers?

DLC like for Mario Kart 8? Straight up sequels like Pokemon Black & White 2? New entries in the series like Breath of Wild? New IPs like Splatoon? All of this?

I would like that nintendo announces splatoon, mario kart and smash as games that will be updated constantly, for many years instead of just one. I would love to see aonuma and his team work on a link's awakening "remake" like albw, and them to work on a new IP about a thief that aonuma is interested

Oregano

There's going to be games announced and released within two months otherwise Switch's launch lineup is going to be the worst ever. I don't think it makes much difference if they're Mario or Steel Diver HD.

And this was on Unreal Engine 4! Switch is dead on arrival.

That's the docked version. You don't want to see what it looks like undocked.

Moltenix

Meltdowns (including the site) are part of the experience!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's hard to tell what's specifically meant by these materials. I'm wondering if the finalized materials are for marketing (print or instore adverts) rather than game magazine articles. If the former, since Game Informer for example comes our before the event, it makes sense they wouldn't have articles or adverts that spoil the announcements in that issue. (Forgive me if I misunderstood, I haven't followed all this super closely.)

The whole point that started these discussions was that GI (or other printed magazine, because it's not 100% clear) received some info from Nintendo before the event because they are on print format so they can't just produce another issue right after the event. That was the whole logic. Otherwise, if even the print is under embargo there is no reason for them to receive info before the other outlets.

LordKano

You know, you're all talking here about what they will show about Zelda, how the new Mario game will play, what game Retro Studios will show and so on.

While, on my side, the thing that's scratching my head the most is that freaking Rabbids Mushroom Kingdom crossover. Just what the hell is this supposed to be. There never was a Mario tactical-RPG and now Ubisoft will make the first one, but it will feature rabbids and minor characters ? Does that mean WALUIGI will be playable (instant purchase if that's the case) ? What is "minor" in the Mario universe ? Does Luigi/Peach counts ? Or is it more like Nabbit/Bowser Jr. ? The leak mentionned Yoshi, and he ain't a that minor character. Does that mean only Mario won't be playable ? Will he get kidnapped and Luigi will have to save his ass (again) ?

How will this play ? Liam Robertson mentionned something akin to X-Com, so something more modern than Fire Emblem. Who in Ubisoft would develop such a game ? They never did a significant tactical-RPG in the past.

This project is so fucked up, it's like the most bizarre thing that could possibly be done. If it wasn't Laura Kate Dale, I would have laughed at this and just threw the idea away. But now, I'm in the same way extremely excited to hear more about this, and also completely confused. It's the most unpredictable thing from all the leaks.

Astral Dog

You know, you're all talking here about what they will show about Zelda, how the new Mario game will play, what game Retro Studios will show and so on.

While, on my side, the thing that's scratching my head the most is that freaking Rabbids Mushroom Kingdom crossover. Just what the hell is this supposed to be. There never was a Mario tactical-RPG and now Ubisoft will make the first one, but it will feature rabbids and minor characters ? Does that mean WALUIGI will be playable (instant purchase if that's the case) ? What is "minor" in the Mario universe ? Does Luigi/Peach counts ? Or is it more like Nabbit/Bowser Jr. ? The leak mentionned Yoshi, and he ain't a that minor character. Does that mean only Mario won't be playable ? Will he get kidnapped and Luigi will have to save his ass (again) ?

How will this play ? Liam Robertson mentionned something akin to X-Com, so something more modern than Fire Emblem. Who in Ubisoft would develop such a game ? They never did a significant tactical-RPG in the past.

This project is so fucked up, it's like the most bizarre thing that could possibly be done. If it wasn't Laura Kate Dale, I would have laughed at this and just threw the idea away. But now, I'm in the same way extremely excited to hear more about this, and also completely confused. It's the most unpredictable thing from all the leaks.
imo its because im already looking forward to another (3D) Mario game,if i fancy an RPG there are better options out there.

I don't think much about the mario rpg because i don't know how it will play and i am not a super fan of ubisoft. I don't mind the rabbids, i think they are fun. The only time i wanted them to go away was when ubisoft was neglecting rayman to put them in every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom