• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past two generations Ubisoft had a new IP for Nintendos launch.

This time it's the Rabbids RPG game? Or has there been any other rumors of a new IP from Ubisoft?

-shadow-

For the past two generations Ubisoft had a new IP for Nintendos launch.

This time it's the Rabbids RPG game? Or has there been any other rumors of a new IP from Ubisoft?
Which ones? For the Wii the Rabbids was technically a Rayman game and ZombiU was their very first IP.

maxcriden

The whole point that started these discussions was that GI (or other printed magazine, because it's not 100% clear) received some info from Nintendo before the event because they are on print format so they can't just produce another issue right after the event. That was the whole logic. Otherwise, if even the print is under embargo there is no reason for them to receive info before the other outlets.

I see, thank you. But it could still be another mag, though, right?

May be old, but GoNintendo said again that GameStop preorders will open in-store on the 13th... but more interesting information is that online GameStop preorders will go up shortly after the presentation. Pretty obvious but still good to hear.

Apparently GameStop will hear the price and launch date perhaps a day before the presentation. Probably will leak if I had to guess.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271329-gonintendo-today-s-big-story-1-4-17-exclusive-on-gamestop-on

Side note: I really respect GoNintendo, but I hate when sites lock information behind videos... I still wish Kevin luck and hopefully this strategy, while not my favorite, does well and continues to allow him and his team to produce great content.

New Zelda screenshot: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5m1690/new_legend_of_zelda_botw_screenshot/?sort=top
Edit: official source: https://www.facebook.com/LegendofZeldaFrance/?brand_redir=290107137788890

cJ5Iz2M.jpg

I am going to play the shit out of this game until Xenoblade switch release

I have to imagine the Rabbids RPG was originally a Wii U game that was greenlit back when Nintendo was all about crossovers, and rabbids were still popular with the audience they were trying to reach out to. It just seems like such an odd game to be releasing at launch on Switch.

The_Lump

Banned
Nintendo Switch |OT| Depends switch pack in game

Nintendo Switch |OT| Rabbid fans, Beyond Good fakes and Evil insiders

Nintendo Switch |OT| Polaris opposite

Nintendo Switch |OT| Pascal is not integral

Nintendo Switch |OT| 10K leeks under the sea

Nintendo Switch |OT| Hybrid Theory

Nintendo Switch |OT| Any ports in a storm

May be old, but GoNintendo said again that GameStop preorders will open in-store on the 13th... but more interesting information is that online GameStop preorders will go up shortly after the presentation. Pretty obvious but still good to hear.

Apparently GameStop will hear the price and launch date perhaps a day before the presentation. Probably will leak if I had to guess.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/271329-gonintendo-today-s-big-story-1-4-17-exclusive-on-gamestop-on

Side note: I really respect GoNintendo, but I hate when sites lock information behind videos... I still wish Kevin luck and hopefully this strategy, while not my favorite, does well and continues to allow him and his team to produce great content.
Thanks for posting this!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
More rumors related to Rabbids/Mario RPG from Liam Robertson:

I want to talk about everything I've heard about this Mario/Rabbids crossover game so far to give people an idea of what it might be like.
I haven't played it myself, but I hear it is closer to a strategy RPG style thing like X-Com than a conventional RPG.
don't know what the title is. There was a rumoured name a little while back that had "Mushroom Kingdom Battle" in the title, I think
It's set in the Mushroom Kingdom and the rabbids dimension is sort of invading it. Most of the enemies are evil/warped rabbids.
It does feature Mario and various other main series characters. Nintendo has apparently been very controlling of how they are used
There are also rabbids themed around various Mario characters like Mario and Luigi (costumed rabbids, that sorta thing).
It was Ubisoft who pitched the game to Nintendo a while ago. Nintendo gave them the thumbs up and was happy to do it and closely oversee
Gameplay is largely strategy based. There are many weapons and there is a focus on equipping your characters with the appropriate weaponry
There are a lot of in-game stats to take into account as you strategise. Different weapons have different properties like poison
The game is content complete and localised, ready to ship. Has been since late last year.

Link:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom