• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch |DT2| No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness

Which of these definitely """real""" leaks are you most hyped for?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley327

Is there not a way to add a payment method to Best Buy's site? I've never actually purchased anything through their website before. I'd like to have my card ready to go rather than putting it as soon as preorders go live.

You'd have to make an account to save your credit card. You can pay with Paypal, though.

They have a history of OVERestimating demand as well. WiiU, Animal Crossing Amiibo, Virtual Boy, 3DS, WiiFitU fitness tracker, Donkey Konga bongos, etc. All of these collected dust on shelves and several had to be deeply discounted (below the cost of making them) just to get rid of them. Only the 3DS eventually turned out to be a successful product.

Incompetence at misjudging the market? Clearly. A scheme to drum up demand? I'd need to see more proof.

I want to make it clear that I never said or implied that Nintendo purposely tries to artificially increase demand by holding back product.

I'd lose my mind.

Pilotwings on the SNES is one of my favorite games of all time.

Imagine an actual sequel to Pilotwings SNES. Like, Mode 7 graphics complimented w scaling sprites like Yoshi Island title screen. And a chiptune soundtrack!

I even posted earlier in DT1 about it being long overdue for a new entry in the Pilotwings franchise.

Moltenix

C2A-iE9UUAA0w04.jpg

Hype! can't believe he is still alive

Omg, he's revealed his true form!!

It's worse than I ever imagined lol

Tom Nook

Presentation predictions:

Date
Price
What's inside the box?
Show the interface home screen
Announce games that will launch in March: Zelda, Mario Kart,& Splatoon.
3rd party games that will launch in March: Skyrim, Just Dance, NBA

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Whats your biggest question for Nintendo that they will answer tonight?

I feel mine is their 3D Mario game. Does it go back to their Mario 64/Sunshine roots or does it stay in their latest model of a 2D Mario game disgusted as a 3D Mario game?

I honestly feel that is the biggest question for Nintendo themselves. Yes, people who buy our system buy our Mario games but was our WiiU Mario games actually good enough to be multi million system sellers?

Imagine an actual sequel to Pilotwings SNES. Like, Mode 7 graphics complimented w scaling sprites like Yoshi Island title screen. And a chiptune soundtrack!

I even posted earlier in DT1 about it being long overdue for a new entry in the Pilotwings franchise.

I feel like a new Pilotwings would be really unlikely. It seems to exist to show off new hardware, either Mode 7 (SNES), 3D graphics (64), or actual 3D screens (3DS). There isn't anything unique about the Switch versus the U to justify it from their point of view.

Nudull

Banned
Guardians of the Galaxy-style Metroid reboot by Ninja Theory, LET'S GO!

Lord, if something like that actually happened... :p

I honestly feel that is the biggest question for Nintendo themselves. Yes, people who buy our system buy our Mario games but was our WiiU Mario games actually good enough to be multi million system sellers?
The two of them were both multi million sellers so yes

NateDrake

So the full trade-in promo is the following:

$75 Bonus for Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, PS VR bonus for Pro Members, or $50 Bonus for non-Pro.

Wii and 3DS Get a Bonus of $30 Pro, or $20 non-Pro.

Sorry about the mix-up.

AAAAAAAAA

I'd love it. I still love the Mode 7 stuff from the original. I still think it looks super cool.

Hype at an 11 now.

Josh5890

Presentation predictions:

Date- March 24th (since everyone is saying the 17th)
Price- $250
What's inside the box?- System, two joycons, dock, cords, Software
Show the interface home screen-
Announce games that will launch in March: Zelda, New IP,& Splatoon.
3rd party games that will launch in March: Madden, Sonic Mania, NBA

Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom