• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

//ARCANUM

I asked this in the launch thread, but it seems to have gotten passed over:

Weird question, but to anyone with the official switch carrying case:

How are you supposed to put the switch in it? Do you put the flap thing (that holds games and straps) behind the switch so it rests on top of it? Doing that makes the joysticks almost protrude from the top of the case and they can easily be pressed in and clicked.

If I put the flap thing in front of the switch, there's a chance of the pouch section with straps potentially scratching the screen as it rests on there.

Which way did they design this to go?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Anywhere else online to order the basic grey PHP accessory kit? Amazon ran out of stock on my pre-order and I really need that case and screen protector :/

Also I just noticed that for some reason my Switch spent 2h39m moving away from me - from Hartford, CT to New Haven, CT when I'm in Meriden, CT.

PSFan

Switch and both Zeldas delivered and waiting for me to get home. My Pro, charge grip and amiibos are still scheduled for today and on their respective trucks. UPS and FedEx. They will probably arrive sometime after 5pm.

Well, at least my Switch is there and I can set it up when I get home. Thanks Amazon!

Man, Amazon hasn't removed all the sold out listings of the Switch yet on the US page. Most of the ones by third parties are sold out but have been on the app/page for a couple of hours now.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, the morning and afternoon UPS drivers have passed my house. Looks like I'm waiting on the evening guy...

I could've just gone to fucking work today :/

Erv

I also just got into a fight with the Amazon Custom Service lady because she could not confirm that my Switch was actually shipping today, even though it says it’s preparing to ship and will arrive by 8pm. I said I don't personally blame her, but I said I pay for Prime and that this is very disrespectful and I ordered it months ago and the fact that they were unable to understand how many were actually ordered is insane. And that I would never order games off of there again if I continued to have this kind of experience.

This is ridiculous. If it's not here by 8pm, I'm going to try to get a free month of Prime out of this.

I got a free month of prime and a 5 dollar credit but I rather just have my system.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Mine was delivered five hours ago.i haven't stopped fidgeting at my desk.

True story..
I get home after work, Switch was still out for delivery. That's pretty normal, I'm used to my UPS Driver's route, usually takes him until about 7PM or so to get to my place. So far, normal.

I live in a Condominium complex. There is no entry into a building without a key (USPS drivers have them, residents and maintenance staff have building keys. That's it). At about 7PM I hear a truck outside from my living room window. I live on the second floor, look outside and see the truck. It's stopped at the next building, pulls into my building group's shared parking lot, pulled out, and then pulled around the street to another set of buildings.

?!(&$???

I run downstairs (I DO NOT RUN!). He's pulled on to the next street. I run (I DO NOT RUN) to catch him. I finally get to him and ask (panting) hey, do you have a package for ____ at building ____?? At first, he says, no. I say, really? Cuz.. Well.. I have two from this center coming today, and you're the only driver I've seen today. Can you check?

He checks, yes, I do actually have two packages (Switch and Zelda) for you. I'm sorry, it's my first day, and I'm not used to the route.

Well.. sometimes... you gotta earn your stuff I guess.

Fotos

UPS is supposed to deliver mine between 11:15 and 3:15. It's now 12:20 my time.

I have Zelda already so this wait is killing me.

True story..
I get home after work, Switch was still out for delivery. That's pretty normal, I'm used to my UPS Driver's route, usually takes him until about 7PM or so to get to my place. So far, normal.

I live in a Condominium complex. There is no entry into a building without a key (USPS drivers have them, residents and maintenance staff have building keys. That's it). At about 7PM I hear a truck outside from my living room window. I live on the second floor, look outside and see the truck. It's stopped at the next building, pulls into my building group's shared parking lot, pulled out, and then pulled around the street to another set of buildings.

?!(&$???

I run downstairs (I DO NOT RUN!). He's pulled on to the next street. I run (I DO NOT RUN) to catch him. I finally get to him and ask (panting) hey, do you have a package for ____ at building ____?? At first, he says, no. I say, really? Cuz.. Well.. I have two from this center coming today, and you're the only driver I've seen today. Can you check?

He checks, yes, I do actually have two packages (Switch and Zelda) for you. I'm sorry, it's my first day, and I'm not used to the route.

Well.. sometimes... you gotta earn your stuff I guess.
lol, wonder at what point he would have actually swung by your place.

Nice save though.

Haha, at 8PM, Amazon CS is going to be a smoldering crater in the ground. I hope that shift is ready for the blitzkrieg.

For real. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt right now and take their word that it will be arriving by the end of the day. And honestly, if it were anything else I'd be fine with next day.

But if it doesn't arrive by like 9pm-10pm, I'm going to feel kind of bad to the customer service rep who has to deal with me.

Any case recommendations to those who have gotten theirs?

Defs the official Nintendo case. Got to check out a PDP one that my friend got and it doesn't feel quite as good as the Ninty one.

Honestly I may wait on getting a Waterfield case because I really like the BoTW one right now.

Are you certain there's an official Nintendo one? I have never seen those. Just double-checked on Amazon, GameStop and Nintendo's website.

NVM: Found it!

I got an official Nintendo Mario one that's black with all sorts of icons strewn about. I liked the design lol.

Dives

Neo Member
Los Angeles reporting in. Amazon rep said that it was getting put onto a truck in Moreno Valley and would arrive today.

lutheran

3:30 and still no email from Amazon or update to my preparing to ship, arriving by 8pm order status. Guy has to drive from Robbinsville NJ to Eastern Long Island NY and be here within 4 and a half hours while also probably delivering other peoples orders as well? I don't believe it even for one second.

Got

Banned
Just received my Pro Controller and Standard edition BotW from Amazon. Still waiting on Switch Console and Master Edition. USPS delivery in LA.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
lol, wonder at what point he would have actually swung by your place.

Nice save though.

Probably today, after returning the package to the shipping center.... LOL. It would have been ironic if the unit were actually arriving early only to be delayed that way to today for proper release date delivery.
efe2ffbc49abea2167093afd30cee0f8_irony-ironic-gif-isnt-it-ironic-gif_498-324.gif

I had Amazon customer service email me confirmation that they upgraded my order to same day shipping and guaranteeing delivery today. So when they can't do that, I can hopefully get more than $5 and a month of prime.

Top Bottom