• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

ryan299

So there's all kinds of screwiness here. So now that I have a tracking number, I can see this:

So it seems like something is going on here, and the tracking is several hours behind. Talking to Amazon on the phone just now, they told me that it is still scheduled to be shipped by 8pm today, but the status was updated to show that tomorrow would be the guaranteed delivery if it doesn't get delivered today. Which is still bullshit but basically means it's not 100% not coming today. They told me they would keep tracking the item's status and as soon as USPS updates their tracking to show that they have the item, they can request that it be expedited and delivered today.

So...the saga continues. I'm going to put about 20% odds that this thing actually shows up today.

Meanwhile, my pro controller has been out for delivery for a while (it's coming from Best Buy) and should be here any time now.

Mines in Trenton too. Amazon told me there was a delay getting it to the carrier.

Carlisle

So there's all kinds of screwiness here. So now that I have a tracking number, I can see this:

So it seems like something is going on here, and the tracking is several hours behind. Talking to Amazon on the phone just now, they told me that it is still scheduled to be shipped by 8pm today, but the status was updated to show that tomorrow would be the guaranteed delivery if it doesn't get delivered today. Which is still bullshit but basically means it's not 100% not coming today. They told me they would keep tracking the item's status and as soon as USPS updates their tracking to show that they have the item, they can request that it be expedited and delivered today.

So...the saga continues. I'm going to put about 20% odds that this thing actually shows up today.

Meanwhile, my pro controller has been out for delivery for a while (it's coming from Best Buy) and should be here any time now.
Mine's in the same warehouse as yours, Trenton, and my status is shipped but delivered tomorrow. For whatever that's worth. But hey if yours shows up, I'll hold out hope for mine.

I know people here probably don't remember me, but I was looking for a pre order for my daughters birthday (March 6th, turning 8), I just thought I'd give an update.

I was able to get a preorder through Walmart. I couldn't choose the neon that she wanted because they didn't receive any. Weird. But I was able to get her the gray Switch. So she will still be very excited. All she's been talking about is a switch for her birthday. Now I have to have an unopened/wrapped Switch in the house until Monday night.

We also got her Just Dance, 1-2 Switch and Zelda. She's been playing my copy of Wind Waker on the Wii U lately. I figured she's good, as she's a pro with Minecraft, with crafting and weapons/tools breaking.

I may need to buy my own Wii U version of Zelda though.

Does anyone have a pre order they are not gonna be using? I will pay extra for one, just don't want to pay the outrageous price that scalpers are going for. Or if anyone wants to ship me a unit I will pay extra plus the shipping costs. Please if anyone can help me out just shoot me a PM.

Mine was showing out of Trenton, NJ as well, but my times were 2:59am and then 5:14am. When I did the Amazon chat this morning (since they were showing arrival on 03/04) she said they would reach out to the carrier to ensure I had deliver by the end of the day today.

Thankfully since NJ isn't a massive state to cross, I'll hold some faith.

Armaly

Order status still says preparing shipment. Amazon rep told me they got too many orders and it'll arrive sometime next week.

Chylo

Neo Member
My Switch from Amazon is still "Preparing for shipment" and "Arriving today by 8PM" but it's been preparing since yesterday while Best Buy has my pro controller and BotW already out for delivery from UPS. Doubt it reaches today although I see the pending charge for the console.

RedRumy3

Mine was showing out of Trenton, NJ as well, but my times were 2:59am and then 5:14am. When I did the Amazon chat this morning (since they were showing arrival on 03/04) she said they would reach out to the carrier to ensure I had deliver by the end of the day today.

Thankfully since NJ isn't a massive state to cross, I'll hold some faith.

Same for me it was in nj at 4am and just left nj at 9am but now says its coming tomorrow =[

careksims

okay so Amazon says my Switch arrived at the carrier facility 37 mins ago. I hope it's not long now. I won't stop worrying til it's actually at my house!

09:32 AM PST RandomExpletive: Yes, but I'm a little confused
If there is a "possibility the item can ship today" I'm going to have to insist my order is expedited and shipped ASAP to arrive today.
09:34 AM PST Amazon Rep: I send the request over for this to be shipped and delivered no later than today for you
09:36 AM PST RandomExpletive: Thank you. When should I expect an update to my tracking information?
09:36 AM PST Amazon Rep: This will be emailed to you shortly

Lets hope he's not lying. If I don't hear anything by 11am they're gonna get a phone call

alf717

My Switch from Amazon is still "Preparing for shipment" and "Arriving today by 8PM" but it's been preparing since yesterday while Best Buy has my pro controller and BotW already out for delivery from UPS. Doubt it reaches today.

You should contact them now. It will probably come tomorrow but at least you'll get it this week. They told me volume for this was high but they put high priority on it and it shipped about 2 hours after I talked with chat.

kuYuri

My Amazon preorder says preparing for shipment, but will arrive by 8PM today.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that. Not even Amazon is that fast unless I'm getting the Switch delivered to me by a drone.

ryan299

Did everyone who has it going through Trenton get delayed?

Amazon gave me a free month of prime. Tried to give me $5 credit first but i said it wasn't enough lol.

Pbae

For those that got the system but didn't receive BoTW or 1,2 Switch, try to just walk into a Walmart.

They had STACKS of both.

This is around Philadelphia area and a friend who lives in the suburbs said the same thing.

I was able to pick up a Neon Switch no preorder, and BoTW walking in and they had at least 5 more Neon and a stack of Grey (1:2?).

Armaly

Lets hope he's not lying. If I don't hear anything by 11am they're gonna get a phone call

You know what's crazy? Chat rep says can't change shipping speed because a carrier was already assigned. Phone rep says it was expedited and should be on the weekend as long as I didn't decline weekend delivery.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Was at the Best Buy in Fort Lauderdale FL at midnight to pick up my switch preorder and that had a ton, don't think anyone got turned away. Ran out of Neon fast but had lots of regular.

Same for me it was in nj at 4am and just left nj at 9am but now says its coming tomorrow =[

If you haven't already, reach out to the Customer Service chat. They said they would reach out to the carrier (USPS) and have them make sure my shipment was delivered by end of day.

May/may not help, but it's better than nothing. Amazon's website says delivery before 8pm on the 4th. Trenton is like an hour or so away from me, but I know it has to hit one of the other nearby facilities before going out for delivery. So there's still a chance, especially if their system is behind on updates.

If you haven't already, reach out to the Customer Service chat. They said they would reach out to the carrier (USPS) and have them make sure my shipment was delivered by end of day.

May/may not help, but it's better than nothing. Amazon's website says delivery before 8pm on the 4th. Trenton is like an hour or so away from me, but I know it has to hit one of the other nearby facilities before going out for delivery. So there's still a chance, especially if their system is behind on updates.

I tried that to no avail.

LucidFlux

Hmmm 2/6 of my orders from BB say Processed ready for UPS but still say they will be delivered by end of day today 3/3. One order consists of multiple amiibos, the other is a pro controller and Zelda for Wii U (for the wife).

My Switch, Zelda, Pro controller and some amiibos are all out for delivery...
but If her copy of Zelda doesn't come today she's not going to be happy :-( I may swing by a couple stores on my way home to see if I can snag her one.

Just got back from Gamestop! Waiting on UPS to deliver my Zelda SE but here's my haul as it stands right now

1HXnL6F.jpg

Carlisle

Welp, it's a lost cause for me. My Switch is in Trenton right now... about 1-1.5 hrs away, and it's gonna stay there until tomorrow.

Amazon CS: My humblest apologies regarding the matter to compensate for the delay i am going to issue you with a $10 promotional certificate

Me: Thank you, I appreciate it. So there is nothing that can be done to get the order delivered today?

Amazon CS: If i could, Trust me i would have expedited the shipping for you
The option is not available to me at this moment

Armaly

So there's no way to see if you had weekend delivery set previously. Rep had me on hold for 10 minutes and couldn't figure it out. Considering just walking to my walmart to pick one up.

lutheran

It says it is still preparing so I find it hard to believe it will be here by 8 unless you are driving it here yourselves today.

Prasanna: Hello, my name is Prasanna. I'm here to help you today.
Me: hello
Prasanna: Thank you for being a Prime member.
Me: can you check on those 2 items to make sure they are still going to be here by 8pm even though it says preparing shipment still in my order section
Prasanna: I'll be happy to look into that for you.
Can you hold for a minute or two while I pull up your orders and take a look?   
Me: yes
Prasanna: Thanks for your patience.
I checked and verified that we're still expecting to get the package delivered within end of today.
Your order has entered the final phase of shipping process and fulfillment center has been assigned now.
Your order will be shipped from our nearest fulfillment center Robbinsville, NJ.
So, I can assure that you'll receive the shipment within tonight as promised.
This package should be leaving our fulfillment center shortly; as soon as it has, we'll send you a confirmation e-mail with a tracking details.
Me: OK thank you for that information, so same day delivery still..thanks
Prasanna: Exactly.

Banned
Just a friendly reminder...in your excitement to get an accessory or two, don't buy the Insignia case. It's the worst case for any console or handheld that I've ever seen. A total failure of design.
"Did Insignia's Switch case leak a potential Switch XL in the future with its extra space?"

Welp, it's a lost cause for me. My Switch is in Trenton right now... about 1-1.5 hrs away, and it's gonna stay there until tomorrow.

Amazon CS: My humblest apologies regarding the matter to compensate for the delay i am going to issue you with a $10 promotional certificate

Me: Thank you, I appreciate it. So there is nothing that can be done to get the order delivered today?

Amazon CS: If i could, Trust me i would have expedited the shipping for you
The option is not available to me at this moment

Well damn. They said they would ensure mine would get to me before the end of the day today. If it's not here, you're damn straight I'm going to raise some hell to at least get my Prime extended.

To add insult to injury, Zelda was just delivered from amazon.
Think I'm just going to return it and call the whole Switch thing off. I just don't feel like dicking around with scalpers or checking stores for stock. I'll wait a year or two and maybe get a switch then. Unless I see one while I'm out this weekend

atmuh

It says it is still preparing so I find it hard to believe it will be here by 8 unless you are driving it here yourselves today.

Me: can you check on those 2 items to make sure they are still going to be here by 8pm even though it says preparing shipment still in my order section
I checked and verified that we're still expecting to get the package delivered within end of today.
Your order has entered the final phase of shipping process and fulfillment center has been assigned now.
Your order will be shipped from our nearest fulfillment center Robbinsville, NJ.
This package should be leaving our fulfillment center shortly; as soon as it has, we'll send you a confirmation e-mail with a tracking details.
I'm from same area as you so hopefully mine shows up too.

DatAhmedz

The rep I talked to earlier also mentioned that my order was shipping from Robbinsville, which is around 2 hours from my forwarding address in NY.

While it's been a lot later than anticipated, I'm still hoping it'll ship out and arrive in the next few hours.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I suspected this morning that Amazon might put the Switch on the TREASURE TRUCK (basically a little squad of amazon vans that contain one product on random days - sunglasses, steaks, random shit, ususallly amazing bargains - you go pick it up after ordering from the app). So I signed up for text alerts. SURE ENOUGH! At exactly 9:55am, I get the alert. At 9:56am I open the app and try to order.

AbIqOZA.png

I already have one coming so I was gonna grab one for our PR guy.

NO DICE.

Anybody else that, like me, didn't get to pre-order, manage to grab one on Walmart.com today? I did but I have this nagging feeling all I really did was buy a place in line...

Key2001

Just contacted Amazon again. They still ensure me that my order will be here today. This will be the first time I have had an order ship and arrive the day same (never even had an order ship and arrive the next day from them).

Here is what they said:

Thanks for waiting.
Upon checking I see that your order has entered the shipping process and is currently being packed for delivery.
I also see that your order is Qualified for Release Date Delivery.
We can confirm we'll ship your order in time to be delivered to you by end of today.

I believe it is around an 2 hour drive to the nearest Fulfillment Center; which is in Fort Worth, Texas.

mine shipped 2nd day yesterday from Dallas. It's now in Louisville KY. I'm in Salt Lake City. Monday I guess. I have Zelda, my carrying case, 3 amiibos and no Switch.

So Walmart made the effort to overnight my Switch using Fedex standard overnight deliver, so I figured it would be in Texas and out for delivery this morning, but instead it's showing up in Memphis TN, one of their main hubs. That's about 12 hours driving distance. I know flying time is faster, so should I still expect it to deliver today?

Top Bottom