• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Kyzer

Banned
Just found out for some reason i still owed .90 cents on the switch and i probably won't get it till Monday

What in the fuck, how does that even happen

Etzer

lol Amazon

Three hours ago:

I've checked this with the team internally and I can confirm that the order has already been shipped. I understand that you've not received any confirmation on this and I would like to apologize for the delay. The reason behind this is because there has been a lot of orders placed for the item and we've missed out on some of them. Please be assured that the order will be delivered to you by the end of day today.

Both USPS and UPS already stopped by, and neither of them had the Switch (UPS dropped off Zelda). I went back to chat with Amazon.

Now:

You have nothing to worry, I can assure that your order will be deliver today. We don't yet the tracking number however, we are ready to ship your order any time at this moment and we'll send you an email confirmation for the tracking number.

I pointed out that the other guy said it had already shipped:

I do understand you on this. Your order is ready to ship out yet. The order is preparing for ship out.

After the chat ended, I got this email from Amazon (formatting errors and all):

Hello,

We expect to ship your order in time to be delivered by Expected delivery: Friday, March 3, 2017.

We will send an e-mail when your order is shipped so you can track your package. You can also sign up for text message alerts. For more information, go to:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201118110

[ADD IF CUSTOMER SPECIFICALLY ASKS ABOUT WHEN THE ORDER WILL SHIP: Your order could ship any time between now and the delivery date.

Still hopeful, but it's not looking great.

Lol. I shall see your "Holy" and raise you a "Shite"

But everything is here (Can't get over how huge the Zelda box is)
Been a great ride with you folks. Hope everyone that has their stuff is gaming away and happy. And hope all that are waiting get situated soon!

AXIe5kr.jpg

Flib

NYC here, and like others who ordered through Amazon, was charged yesterday morning and have been in Shipping Soon/Preparing To Ship. I've spoken to 3 reps on chat and 2 on phone today (just got off with the latest one a few minutes ago), who are still assuring me there is a 100% chance it will be delivered today. Pretty skeptical at this point, but we will see.

Rizific

Amazon and dynamex came through with my switch. Also just left bby and target and picked up a pro controller, loz, and link amiibo

Welp, it's a lost cause for me. My Switch is in Trenton right now... about 1-1.5 hrs away, and it's gonna stay there until tomorrow.

Amazon CS: My humblest apologies regarding the matter to compensate for the delay i am going to issue you with a $10 promotional certificate

Me: Thank you, I appreciate it. So there is nothing that can be done to get the order delivered today?

Amazon CS: If i could, Trust me i would have expedited the shipping for you
The option is not available to me at this moment

Trenton NJ- might as well chalk that up to the G's on the corner. Drug trade electronic right there.

Sorry you're not getting it today though, that really sucks.

kaskade

It says it is still preparing so I find it hard to believe it will be here by 8 unless you are driving it here yourselves today.

Prasanna: Hello, my name is Prasanna. I'm here to help you today.
Me: hello
Prasanna: Thank you for being a Prime member.
Me: can you check on those 2 items to make sure they are still going to be here by 8pm even though it says preparing shipment still in my order section
Prasanna: I'll be happy to look into that for you.
Can you hold for a minute or two while I pull up your orders and take a look?   
Me: yes
Prasanna: Thanks for your patience.
I checked and verified that we're still expecting to get the package delivered within end of today.
Your order has entered the final phase of shipping process and fulfillment center has been assigned now.
Your order will be shipped from our nearest fulfillment center Robbinsville, NJ.
So, I can assure that you'll receive the shipment within tonight as promised.
This package should be leaving our fulfillment center shortly; as soon as it has, we'll send you a confirmation e-mail with a tracking details.
Me: OK thank you for that information, so same day delivery still..thanks
Prasanna: Exactly.

That's where mine came from, it's in Edison, NJ right now. UPS site says Monday. At least I'll probably be able to get some credit out of this.

It says it is still preparing so I find it hard to believe it will be here by 8 unless you are driving it here yourselves today.

Prasanna: Hello, my name is Prasanna. I'm here to help you today.
Me: hello
Prasanna: Thank you for being a Prime member.
Me: can you check on those 2 items to make sure they are still going to be here by 8pm even though it says preparing shipment still in my order section
Prasanna: I'll be happy to look into that for you.
Can you hold for a minute or two while I pull up your orders and take a look?   
Me: yes
Prasanna: Thanks for your patience.
I checked and verified that we're still expecting to get the package delivered within end of today.
Your order has entered the final phase of shipping process and fulfillment center has been assigned now.
Your order will be shipped from our nearest fulfillment center Robbinsville, NJ.
So, I can assure that you'll receive the shipment within tonight as promised.
This package should be leaving our fulfillment center shortly; as soon as it has, we'll send you a confirmation e-mail with a tracking details.
Me: OK thank you for that information, so same day delivery still..thanks
Prasanna: Exactly.

Can also confirm this. I also contacted an Amazon rep and they stated my shipment is very close to me and will be guaranteed shipped soon from Robbinsville NJ on my way to NY by the end of the day. Sounds like we're all getting it today since we're all getting the same response. I've never gotten a package the same day that it was shipped so this should be interesting if it actually happens. Either way, the dude I spoke too was awesome and said he'll personally be monitoring my order all day and if it doesn't arrive by the end of the day, he's going to give me expedited shipping and get it to me by tomorrow, latest.

The funniest part about all this is that I received my Zelda ME today from Amazon and somehow it came in pristine condition which is a rarity from Amazon, and yet I can't do anything since I don't have my console yet. By the way: Didn't expect the Master Sword statue to be this legit. Thought it was going to be some cheap plastic figure. The thing is made out of metal and is genuinely heavy. Pretty impressed. I have a ton of CE and I never see this kind of quality.

Slimebeherit

Neo Member
=(

I was hoping target came through for everyone. It is probably based on where the distribution center is.

What was the expected delivery date when you preordered? was it march 6th-9th?

Yeah, when I pre-ordered it said March 6th-9th.

The distribution center was in Arizona and I'm in SoCal, and they sent by UPS 3 Day Select®, but it's fine. I'm just glad the order didn't get cancelled.

I just spoke with an Amazon rep about my order.
Me: Hi, I have two orders which are supposed to arrive today by 8pm, but the order status for both items says "Preparing for Shipment." I was wondering if you could check the status of my orders.
Ghie: Don't worry, I have checked that this item has entered the shipping process and is currently being packed for delivery to you.
Please patiently wait for the delivery of the item within the day.
Me: So both items should arrive today?
Ghie: Yes, you are correct with that!
By the way your orders are awesome :)
Me: So I take it the orders have same-day shipping from a nearby fulfillment center?
Ghie: One moment, please.
I'm sorry to keep you waiting. It'll just be a moment longer.
Yes, you are correct.
Nothing to worry, everything is all set.

Hopefully my shipment arrives today. For context I'm in the NYC area.

Phatmac

Wow. UPS had my package as shipping at the end of the day and now they've decided to deliver it to my house when I'm at work. Fuck gotta make an excuse to get out before someone steals my package.

lutheran

It's 2pm, my order is supposedly getting here to Long Island NY from NJ by 8 pm today...no update on my account, still says preparing to ship. No email from anyone with tracking information and about 6 other people just in this thread saying they are hearing the same thing. How many trucks would they send out to drive 2 hours away from one fulfillment center? Feel like we are getting bullshitted.

It's 2pm, my order is supposedly getting here to Long Island NY from NJ by 8 pm today...no update on my account, still says preparing to ship. No email from anyone with tracking information and about 6 other people just in this thread saying they are hearing the same thing. How many trucks would they send out to drive 2 hours away from one fulfillment center? Feel like we are getting bullshitted.

I do hope we'll all be getting our switches, but it should be pretty easy to complain loud enough to get a guaranteed delivery tomorrow, plus a month of prime, and perhaps some sort of compensation. I know I'll be complaining pretty loud if I get an answer I don't like when I check on my order in a bit

If they're really sending them all out today and it's both NY/NJ, that means it's going in multiple trucks and it's gonna hit NJ first than NY, since they're literally right by each other. If it doesn't have any update by 5, then yeah, they're bullshitting.

Either way, I'm in no rush. Gonna go play more Horizon. Having a blast. Glad it came out this week otherwise I'd definitely be more upset.

Courage

I'm in NYC and it got hit to Monday because UPS just received it after Amazon showed it as arriving today for the entire week. $5 promo credit and an additional month of Prime is what I have to show for this shitshow. Fucking yipee.

7roject28

Went last night at Best Buy. Over a hundred people there. First person in line got there in the afternoon. I got there at 11:45 pm and was pretty much at the back of the line. When the line started moving, it took 2 hours to finally check out lol. They had 4 people checking out. I think two was doing the preorder and 2 checking the people out who just want to get accessories or were the first 10 people to buy an available Switch. But dang, didn't think it would take that long.

ss_lemonade

Well, guess no Switch for me this weekend.

gMHHYcX.png

So close, I live just 30 minutes north of Redmond :(.

UPS Chat: The package hasn't been sorted due to a late arriving feeder. We will make sure to prioritize the packages that were put on back log and we’ll deliver the package as soon as it gets finally sorted. This may delay the delivery for one business day. And this going to be delivered on Monday to be exact.

I also just got into a fight with the Amazon Custom Service lady because she could not confirm that my Switch was actually shipping today, even though it says it’s preparing to ship and will arrive by 8pm. I said I don't personally blame her, but I said I pay for Prime and that this is very disrespectful and I ordered it months ago and the fact that they were unable to understand how many were actually ordered is insane. And that I would never order games off of there again if I continued to have this kind of experience.

This is ridiculous. If it's not here by 8pm, I'm going to try to get a free month of Prime out of this.

Amazon order is out for delivery! Just watching the tracking like a psychopath at work waiting for it to be delivered.

I did score a Pro controller from Wally World last night. Controller feels solid enough. Never expect much from Nintendo controller wise anymore so I was surprised it felt as good as it did. The face buttons are way too large though, which almost makes them feel cheap to me. The triggers are also serviceable at their best. It's definitely no Xbox One controller replacement like I've seen a few people here say. It's just not. I expected more at $75 with tax, but it will do its job fine.

Animekatt

So like many, my order is still saying preparing for shipping/shipping soon for a few days now (since March 1st). I spoke to an Amazon Rep a few minutes ago about my worry that I won't receive the Switch today despite it still saying I will get it by 8PM. She noted that it may still come by tonight, but also asked if I would be alright with it coming tomorrow.

I told her that I was displeased with how this whole process has been going. She offered to give me $20 in promo credit, and that she would send a notification to the fulfillment center about my order. I agreed (hey, free $20 is not bad at all). My Zelda SE and Hori Screen protector arrived this morning from Amazon, so all is not lost with the company for me.

One of my coworkers complained to Amazon and got $60. So at least that's cool? I got basically a whole lotta nothin' for my two calls and a chat (posted earlier).

Canceled my Walmart order because there was no way Amazon would mess this up. WELP

Kauza

Best Buy order is still estimated for today but status says that UPS hasn't even picked it up yet. Hoping either tracking is delayed or they've got some serious shipping magic in store for me.

bronson

Talked to Walmart again, and after some runaround they finally confessed that my order isn't coming today -- they said my local warehouse is out of the system, and it will take up to EIGHT DAYS to ship now. Criminy.

Here's an unexpected twist: My Switch came from Target today. No issues, got here at like 10AM.

However, my copy of BOTW, which I ordered from Amazon, is sitting in "In Transit to UPS" as the status. It's been that way since last night. It's still scheduled for delivery today though. Not really sure what to think there.

lutheran

I keep saying I don't want to overreact but this is incredibly frustrating. I have now had 3 different support people in the last 2 days (the last being at close to 1pm) swear to me I will have it tonight by 8pm using a same day delivery truck and that as soon as it ships I will get a tracking number. The problem I see with that is what tracking number would they be sending me? If they gave the package to UPS anytime today it would never get here in the same day. FedEx the same thing. If they deliver it themselves do they send out there own tracking number for their same day delivery? Sounds like a load of bullshit to me.

N2u2aFQ.jpg

Is what I've been staring at since about 9am this morning. Amazon said it'll be here today though.

Update: Amazon website is showing it as having arrived at their Avenel, NJ warehouse at 2:14pm.

eroze

Neo Member
I paid for a guaranteed delivery time of 2-4 PM but my tracking still only shows "arrival scan" and not "out for delivery."

I'm in Brooklyn. NY.

Had Zelda hours ago. UPS says my Switch will arrive between 9:45 and 1:45. But it's 2:45. Kill me.

My system was supposed to be here an hour ago too. Trying to to stress too hard and just watch the Giant Bomb stream.

At least it's definitely out for delivery, unlike my 1 - 2 Switch/Pro Controller order which USPS have seemingly lost.

Top Bottom