• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

I got an Amazon preorder in basically when they first went up. I'm supposed to be getting the console and BOTW on Friday, release day.

Is there any concern that this won't be the case for people who have longstanding preorders? I'm going to be newly on the mend from surgery and it would be ideal to have to pass the time.

KevinG

That's cool. It's just hard for me to relate to. People stressing about their color choice, their pro controller being a few days late, their confirmation emails not coming yet... I'm like yall, it will be okay. haha

I used to post about it on forums, but then realized how ridiculous it all sounded. Haha.

I'm still hoping Amazon comes through with the Pro-Con by launch. If not, I've got a spare that I ordered online won't GameStop for in store pick up, that I think will be available for launch day.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
That's cool. It's just hard for me to relate to. People stressing about their color choice, their pro controller being a few days late, their confirmation emails not coming yet... I'm like yall, it will be okay. haha

These are common console preorder comments and concerns from every launch since PS2.

Cloud7

So I pre-ordered the Grey system and also a separate Grey join con unit. I feel dumb for that. Would GameStop allow me to switch my Grey joy con unit pre-order to the neon one?

rhino2627

Neo Member
It does, but I think that is just a result of midnight launches on the East coast. I'm on the west coast, thus making the "release time" 9PM.

I don't expect it to show up until March 3rd.

Ah that's a great point, I hadn't considered that option. I'm in Colorado so that likely explains the discrepancy.

Thanks!

psyfi

Banned
These are common console preorder comments and concerns from every launch since PS2.
Yeah I know, I've been around for all of it. I'm just trying to share a little bit of calm, but I know people aren't going to relax till they've got everything in their hands.

Mine has for weeks now. As of this morning it said "failed authorization" still, but I called Customer Service and they said it's preparing as normal and everything is fine.

Yeah, I've had it for weeks too. I called today and they still act like everything is fine. Just makes me feel pretty paranoid seeing that there.

Sponge

Banned
Really starting to get nervous about my preorder.

I preordered my Switch last month on the 13th at Gamestop. Last week I was told by an employee there that they are closing down and moving to a different Gamestop in town, and that my preorder should transfer over.

I called over to that Gamestop today, and so far my preorder hasn't transferred. They did say to check again by Saturday to be sure. So here's hoping I didn't get cheated out of my preorder.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yeah I know, I've been around for all of it. I'm just trying to share a little bit of calm, but I know people aren't going to relax till they've got everything in their hands.

I hear you. Lol. I gave up stressing when I realized it changes nothing unless I see something off about my order. I preorder to avoid the stress, then don't stress. The only thing I do is periodically check my order for a status update, or in case it magically ships early.

I don't care what other people think of my color choice, and in this case, there is a solution if I don't like it after getting it.

I bought a power bank to avoid battery dying in portable play. I have a game to play.

My only concern now is splitting time between Switch and all those other major game releases.

helium121

Banned
Really starting to get nervous about my preorder.

I preordered my Switch last month on the 13th at Gamestop. Last week I was told by an employee there that they are closing down and moving to a different Gamestop in town, and that my preorder should transfer over.

I called over to that Gamestop today, and so far my preorder hasn't transferred. They did say to check again by Saturday to be sure. So here's hoping I didn't get cheated out of my preorder.

It will get transferred. When I worked there and a store closed, all preorders had to be entered by hand at the new store. As you can imagine, there a literally hundreds of preorders that need to be entered so it takes time. Unless they've changed the way they do the process now.

Target on launch day gonna be like...

qIKIAj0.jpg

psyfi

Banned
I don't care what other people think of my color choice, and in this case, there is a solution if I don't like it after getting it.
I really love this fact about the joycons. I usually try to control myself when it comes to buying unnecessary gaming stuff, but man I'm such a sucker for colorful handhelds. Knowing I can switch up the look of my Switch without the hassle of transferring data will be hard to resist. I hope Nintendo goes nuts with joycon variations. A custom controller thing like MS offers for XB1 controllers would be amazing.

I broke down yesterday and pre-ordered 1 2 Switch...

I had some games that I beat and don't plan on going back to, and Gamestop gave 50% extra for trading them towards a Switch game. I've been so torn on this game, but I decided to go for it based on the idea of having a neat way to show off the system.

Anyone else getting it on day one? I'm oddly excited about it now.

Yousefb

You just made me check my BB pre order :) For now mine is still showing in the app and website. Don't you have a login for the website/app?
I do! That's the part that freaked me out, cause I logged in and it just doesn't exist on my orders page. But when I called customer service they said it does show up on my account. It's so strange. I'm going to go ask the store when I get out of work.

mephesta

I do! That's the part that freaked me out, cause I logged in and it just doesn't exist on my orders page. But when I called customer service they said it does show up on my account. It's so strange. I'm going to go ask the store when I get out of work.

I had this happen, too. It turned out that I wasn't logged in when I made the order (I ordered as a guest, then made the account after). I guess they don't add orders made as a guest to your account separately. I called them earlier today and they couldn't find it in my account, but they found it with my order number.

Lee

I had some games that I beat and don't plan on going back to, and Gamestop gave 50% extra for trading them towards a Switch game. I've been so torn on this game, but I decided to go for it based on the idea of having a neat way to show off the system.

I am, but for my 3, almost 4 year old twins. They occasionally play phone games during car trips but this will be a first. I showed them the minigames from 1-2-Switch and they were downright giddy. I imagine I'll use it to show family/friends what it's all about as well.

Doctre81

Just curious. What did you trade in and how much did they give you for them?

YOOOOOOO, Bad News Bears here, but looks like the grey system is going to be significantly more hard to find.

Best Buy distro center guy is telling me they only have just shy of 300 grey Switch bundles for the stores in this district, but well over 4000 of the neon bundles.

So... hope all of y'all like a little color in your life.

KevinG

YOOOOOOO, Bad News Bears here, but looks like the grey system is going to be significantly more hard to find.

Best Buy distro center guy is telling me they only have just shy of 300 grey Switch bundles for the stores in this district, but well over 4000 of the neon bundles.

This sounds way different from what we've been hearing.

Did a casual perusal of this thread, but I wanted to ask this regardless of a positive or negative answer:

For someone who did NOT place a preorder when the system was announced, how likely would it be for me to lineup night-of-launch and walk away with a system? I was planning on trading in all of my Wii U material towards the Switch that night, but is there a decent chance I'd even be able to get the unit that night?

Kureransu

Did a casual perusal of this thread, but I wanted to ask this regardless of a positive or negative answer:

For someone who did NOT place a preorder when the system was announced, how likely would it be for me to lineup night-of-launch and walk away with a system? I was planning on trading in all of my Wii U material towards the Switch that night, but is there a decent chance I'd even be able to get the unit that night?

Gamestop confirmed to have extra units at launch:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ply-nintendo-switch-consoles-stores/98247398/

I'm grabbing it on day 1. I feel like it'll be a ton of fun after a few beers with my friends. Some 1 2 Switch and Bomberman sounds like the best launch night with friends to me

I am, but for my 3, almost 4 year old twins. They occasionally play phone games during car trips but this will be a first. I showed them the minigames from 1-2-Switch and they were downright giddy. I imagine I'll use it to show family/friends what it's all about as well.

Good to know! I don't have kids but I do have a 10 year old niece who comes to visit and will love the game. That and it just seems like a good group activity when we have friends over. I honestly don't have anything for my PS4/Xbox One that non-gamers would play.

Just curious. What did you trade in and how much did they give you for them?

Recore, Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens, and Dishonored 2. Got them all on sale for $70 total. Had plenty of time to play and beat them all and got $60 for them with that promotion. I'm more than happy with a $10 loss there.

Kureransu

I'm grabbing it on day 1. I feel like it'll be a ton of fun after a few beers with my friends. Some 1 2 Switch and Bomberman sounds like the best launch night with friends to me

Yup I'm getting that and bomberman as well.
It's looking like Zelda, 1, 2 switch, and Bomberman is the Switch trinity at launch. not that there's much more lol. I'm still on the fence about setsuna, but i'll wait til i finish Zelda (and Nier, if it's out on PC) before deciding.

I'd plan on camping out.

That won't be possible due to my work schedule unless "camp out" means "get there early that day."

I could show up at like 7 or something but getting there the night before is not worth the hassle.

Also the Gamestop I would go to is located in a mall, so I'm a little unfamiliar with how that would work/how it has worked in the past.

R0ckman

Every time I get the urge to buy it I remind myself of that treehouse milking gif.

Every time I get the urge to buy it I remind myself of that treehouse milking gif.

Heh! Honestly that Gif is part of why I planned on getting it. I have a friend who thrives on making other people feel uncomfortable so that will be right up his alley.

rhino2627

Neo Member
Oh shit, just checked my order on Bestbuy and it said it will arrive on Thursday. Yasssss!

Mine says the same, but another GAFer brought up the good point that it's likely for the midnight release for east coasters.

Are you in the western 3/4 of the US by chance?

I've got the Zelda SE and my Neon Switch, and a pro controller reserved. I wanna buy myself one more game, but I'm really torn between 1-2 Switch and Bomberman. I guess I'll have to wait for reviews on both.

I've got the Zelda SE and my Neon Switch, and a pro controller reserved. I wanna buy myself one more game, but I'm really torn between 1-2 Switch and Bomberman. I guess I'll have to wait for reviews on both.

That was my dilemma as well! I went with 1 2 Switch as most of my friends/guests aren't really gamers. Bomberman just wouldn't have been as accessible/fun as a result.

I will be getting Bomberman for the multiplayer features and co-op story mode. My significant other and I are both getting Switches so that'll be our first go to game for some co op before Mario Kart arrives.

schaft0620

Absolutely false.

Solid work here.

I've pre-ordered the console, BotW and Pro Controller. Grabbing an SD card separately. Downloading 1-2 Switch from eShop (hopefully) at launch!

Vitacat

I'd plan on camping out.

How early do you think I'd want to show up to get the best chance of getting a non-preordered Switch?

I've never camped or gotten in line for a game system before...

I do have that night free, so I can do whatever. My midnight release Gamestop is NOT in a mall, it's in an open shopping area.

thatJohann

This is probably a dumb question at this point but...

is there a website I can preorder it today and still get in on time for launch day on March 3rd? I know, I know, I should've preordered earlier.

Ibuki

Banned
This is probably a dumb question at this point but...

is there a website I can preorder it today and still get in on time for launch day on March 3rd? I know, I know, I should've preordered earlier.

As far as I know, you cannot pre-order anywhere in the US at this point.

Top Bottom