• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Guys I got a switch pre ordered at best buy and I'll be there at midnight. My brother on the other hand was not able to. What are the chances that if he makes the line with me that he'll get one without a pre order?

Good chances if you guys get there earlier , like 2 hours if your store is not high traffic. When I went to ps4 midnight release, I got there 1 hour before, and everybody that showed up around midnight were able to get a ps4 even without preorder

goldenpp72

I just realized a second controller is $90!!!!

WAT

I'm going to wait till the Pro is available. How much is that?

If you use visa checkout on bestbuy you can get 25 off 100 right now, they have pro controllers for 70. It's how I made the purchases anyways, crazy expensive.

Vitacat

Oh my bad, he meant Pro. I thought he was correcting my regular L,R price.

Why is the Pro $70? Hi def rumble?
HD rumble + gyro built-in.

Also, for anyone feeling they are overpriced at $70, consider that Xbox One BT controllers are $60 new, and do not include rechargeable batteries. The Switch pro controller does also include a rechargeable battery, and it lasts 40 hours, which is many more hours than XB1 or PS4 controllers.

KingBroly

Banned
HD rumble + gyro built-in.

Also, for anyone feeling they are overpriced at $70, consider that Xbox One BT controllers are $60 new, and do not include rechargeable batteries. The Switch pro controller does also include a rechargeable battery, and it lasts 40 hours, which is many more hours than XB1 or PS4 controllers.

Some Dualshock 4's are $65. Controller pricing's gotten ridiculous.

Absolutely false.

If it's false, then my buddy at the dc who usually checks these things for me made those numbers up out of thin air, and I had him double check for me to make sure he didn't have the SKUs mixed up. He's been helping me keep track of things like gaming hardware and amiibo for years, from even back when I actually worked at Nintendo (sometimes it was easier to have people who work for the retailers track distribution than it was to find out from Nintendo themselves).

Now, maybe that's only part of the shipment and a large number of grey units are also on the way, but it seems a little late for that. Maybe Nintendo intends to ship large numbers of grey units via UPS direct to stores a day or two before... this happens occasionally with Nintendo, they love their last-minute UPS shipments, although it seems weird to spend more money that way rather than just pumping them through Best Buy's internal warehouse distribution system.

I haven't done a whole lot of reading the thread, I had my preorder ages ago so it does my no real good to track them. I just wanted to say what I heard. It did strike me as potentially odd that there would be so many of the neon and not the grey, but that's what he said, so shrugs for hugs.

Well, I've got pretty specific SKU counts. 207 grey vs 4380 neon.

EDIT: I'll probably try tomorrow to personally confirm that. I can go into either store and have their warehouse employees punch up their inventory system for me pretty easily (benefits of being the old "Nintendo guy").

jorgejjvr

Good chances if you guys get there earlier , like 2 hours if your store is not high traffic. When I went to ps4 midnight release, I got there 1 hour before, and everybody that showed up around midnight were able to get a ps4 even without preorder
Sounds good.
Thank you.

I wonder how they leverage those with pre orders and those without.

Like if the first person in line at best buy doesn't have a pre order. Can they still sell him one?

I'm assuming they'll have some systems not allocated towards pre orders

Sounds good.
Thank you.

I wonder how they leverage those with pre orders and those without.

Like if the first person in line at best buy doesn't have a pre order. Can they still sell him one?

I'm assuming they'll have some systems not allocated towards pre orders

Easy, everybody that got a preorder will get the system guaranteed, regardless of what tielme they got there (they hold it for IP to 7 days). Whatever is left they sell to walk ins, first come , first serve

schaft0620

My Best Buy is not on the list but I called today and they said they will be doing a midnight release. YMMV.

I can not wait for this thing. I am so excited.

This also applies to the guy on Reddit who said his CA Best Buy was doing a 9:01pm release and that, his Best Buy has done this before.

Okay, so I would say don't trust that BB site list.

Just called mine and they say they are doing a midnight launch, and they aren't on the list.

AGITΩ

This also applies to the guy on Reddit who said his CA Best Buy was doing a 9:01pm release and that, his Best Buy has done this before.
Shouldnt be able to. Usually midnight releases in the west coast do, the exception is usually Nintendo releases. Our midnight launch guides says each store must process at 11:30pm local time zone per agreement with nintendo. Id post pics but the print outs have our employee numbers attached.

Ah shit, son. Launch is almost upon us!

Amazon just emailed me letting me know my Hori Screen protector and case are gonna be at my door step come launch day.

Gonna try and snag a pro controller at launch. Figure theyll let the pre-order folk in first?

schaft0620

AGITΩ;230834560 said:
Shouldnt be able to. Usually midnight releases in the west coast do, the exception is usually Nintendo releases. Our midnight launch guides says each store must process at 11:30pm local time zone per agreement with nintendo. Id post pics but the print outs have our employee numbers attached.

You don't have to tell me, I see it right on Best Buys site.

jtrov

Is that BB on the list on the website or did you call them?

I'm wondering if that BB list on their website is a final and complete one.

It seems some stores are having midnight events that aren't on the drop down list. The BB store where I have it pre-ordered usually always opens midnight for console releases, but weren't on that list which I thought was odd. Surely enough I called them up and they are having a midnight release. So if anyone is unsure, I would definitely call and ask.

Vibed

Maybe unrelated to the Switch itself but what the fuck.

My Master edition copy of Breath of the Wild on Amazon was cancelled, even though I preordered it the minute it became available. I only get $10 credit.

This pisses me off a lot. Why did this happen?

Amazon just cancelled my Breath of the Wild Master Edition preorder. I preordered within a few minutes of it going live on Amazon, around the time the first batch of Nintendo Switches went live.

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #xxxxxx for the following item(s):

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition - Nintendo Switch

We're unable to fulfill your order for the item(s) listed above because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we've cancelled them from your order and your original payment method won't be charged.

I wonder how many additional ones got cancelled, I really wanted the carrying case. Would have been nice to get a heads up y'know, earlier than two weeks before launch.

My Master edition copy of Breath of the Wild on Amazon was cancelled, even though I preordered it the minute it became available. I only get $10 credit.

Did you call customer service?

If this happened to me, I'd cry.

watershed

Banned

Ouch this is terrible. Amazon or Nintendo is really messing up here.

Speely

Banned
Heads up for Gamestop preorder-ers: Just got an email letting me know my card will be charged on 2/25. I got a delivery pre-order... Not sure if the in-store ones are diff.

gt86

Heads up for Gamestop preorder-ers: Just got an email letting me know my card will be charged on 2/25. I got a delivery pre-order... Not sure if the in-store ones are diff.

Got the same about 7hrs ago, went ahead and called and applied the $190 of trade credit I had on my pro card. Ready!

What are the chances Switch accessories are gonna be available to buy day one? Kinda eyeing the official carrying case that comes with a screen protector, but I already got a Hori screen filter on preorder at Amazon and idk if I should cancel the preorder or not.

Kawngi

First my Pro controller is delayed (cancelled, re-ordered from Best Buy)
Now my Zelda is cancelled (luckily still had it ordered at Best Buy)

If Amazon cancels my system I'll be super upset :(

Bii

I have Zelda: BotW Special Edition preordered at Best Buy for in-store pick-up. The credit card I used to place the order is no longer valid (had some unauthorized transactions and my bank is sending me a new one). So when I tried calling Best Buy's customer service line to change the payment method, they said they couldn't in fear that they'd have to cancel the order. They told me my best bet is to go in-store and update my credit card information there.

Has someone had any experience with changing payment methods at Best Buy? Or maybe I should call again to see if I get someone else?

Gray-Fox

I have Zelda: BotW Special Edition preordered at Best Buy for in-store pick-up. The credit card I used to place the order is no longer valid (had some unauthorized transactions and my bank is sending me a new one). So when I tried calling Best Buy's customer service line to change the payment method, they said they couldn't in fear that they'd have to cancel the order. They told me my best bet is to go in-store and update my credit card information there.

Has someone had any experience with changing payment methods at Best Buy? Or maybe I should call again to see if I get someone else?

Your order will get canceled. Tough luck

Top Bottom