• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
This is probably a dumb question at this point but...

is there a website I can preorder it today and still get in on time for launch day on March 3rd? I know, I know, I should've preordered earlier.

Best shot may be someone in the B.S.T. Thread willing to change shipping address on their shipping order. Maybe.

Pastry

Banned
Just got the GameStop email telling me I'll be charged on the 25th, check my billing, etc.

Super stoked to play when I get home from work next Friday!

putermcgee

I pre-ordered a set of blue/red JoyCons on Amazon the day they started taking orders. Now, if I check the order, it shows up as a blue/blue set of JoyCons. My cousin, who ordered the same blue/red set now sees his order as a red/red set. If it was just one of us, I would assume it was user error. But for both orders to be different, seems a little messed up.

Anyone else seeing a different item compared to what they ordered on Amazon?

Hey guys, I used my dad's BB account to preorder all my Switch stuff since he's a GCU member. I have my Switch preorder set to be picked up under my name, however I forgot to change the pickup name to mine on my BotW Special Edition preorder. Do you think they'll give me a hard time when I go to pick everything up, or should I change it? If I should, then my question becomes: will changing the pickup name fuck up my preorder? If no one has an answer, that's fine; I'll just give their CS a ring.

MindofKB

Besides pre-order is there a chance that there is going to be any Switch available to walk-ins?

In regards to Best Buy, yes, there will be walk-ins. They have a policy where if something appears in their Sunday ad, they must have it available for purchase to people who walk in the door.

When a new system releases, like Switch, their ad will have a picture of the console, the release date, the price, and fine print on the page that says something like "MINIMUM (x) UNITS ON HAND." They must have at least that many consoles for walk-ins or else you can take them to court.

Source: I was a Media Supervisor at Best Buy for 3 years.

So my BB isn't doing midnight release, so I figured I might as well have them ship it. If I change the order from in-store to shipped, will I lose the pre-order unit and have to wait for it to be back in stock?

spookyfish

So my BB isn't doing midnight release, so I figured I might as well have them ship it. If I change the order from in-store to shipped, will I lose the pre-order unit and have to wait for it to be back in stock?

I think as long as you have the option, it shouldn't affect your order.

Vexed

Anybody know if Best Buy will let you Switch an online preorder to in-store pickup this late in the game? They've got an online function for it, but when I go to search the ZIP of the store it gives me a search error.

Lgndryhr

Hey guys, I used my dad's BB account to preorder all my Switch stuff since he's a GCU member. I have my Switch preorder set to be picked up under my name, however I forgot to change the pickup name to mine on my BotW Special Edition preorder. Do you think they'll give me a hard time when I go to pick everything up, or should I change it? If I should, then my question becomes: will changing the pickup name fuck up my preorder? If no one has an answer, that's fine; I'll just give their CS a ring.

You can do this online very easily under the order details and click make changes. Won't mess anything up.

As long as the online system lets you change it shouldn't, but I believe people cannot change to shipping or in-store pickup at this point.

Anybody know if Best Buy will let you Switch an online preorder to in-store pickup this late in the game? They've got an online function for it, but when I go to search the ZIP of the store it gives me a search error.

Nope too late at this point.

kwabi

I get the same message when I try.

I called Best Buy, but they told me they wouldn't be able to Switch it to store pick up because they are unable to redirect the shipping address to their store for some reason.

psyfi

Banned

You should both call BB instead of taking out word for it.

antonz

I get the same message when I try.

I called Best Buy, but they told me they wouldn't be able to Switch it to store pick up because they are unable to redirect the shipping address to their store for some reason.

At this point it is probably too late. Shipments are making their way across distribution chains etc.

I pre-ordered a set of blue/red JoyCons on Amazon the day they started taking orders. Now, if I check the order, it shows up as a blue/blue set of JoyCons. My cousin, who ordered the same blue/red set now sees his order as a red/red set. If it was just one of us, I would assume it was user error. But for both orders to be different, seems a little messed up.

Anyone else seeing a different item compared to what they ordered on Amazon?

When these major retailers open up these orders, some times the image and product number might not show up immediately for everyone. Especially if they get one product with several different colors variants.

A phone call to Amazon's CS support would probably clear up this issue. Since pre-order emails only show the Order # and not the ASIN, it can be tricky to tell if it was an error in mis clicks or an error on their end.

teaveee

I have a master edition reserved at Best Buy and my Switch reserved at Gamestop. Gamestop is 15 minutes from BB so I'm really hoping I can make it there before they close lol

PSFan

In regards to Best Buy, yes, there will be walk-ins. They have a policy where if something appears in their Sunday ad, they must have it available for purchase to people who walk in the door.

When a new system releases, like Switch, their ad will have a picture of the console, the release date, the price, and fine print on the page that says something like "MINIMUM (x) UNITS ON HAND." They must have at least that many consoles for walk-ins or else you can take them to court.

Source: I was a Media Supervisor at Best Buy for 3 years.

What would you get out of taking them to court? It seems like it would be pretty embarrassing to stand in a courtroom waving a Sunday circular and crying about how you couldn't buy your new toy because they were sold out.

phanphare

Banned
What would you get out of taking them to court? It seems like it would be pretty embarrassing to stand in a courtroom waving a Sunday circular and crying about how you couldn't buy your new toy because they were sold out.

people have sued for less

Vexed

He was giving you good advice. Don't need to be a jerk about it.

Nah, actually, he was being a jerk and pointing out really obvious shit - of course we know we can call the company. It's just not that strange of a thought that somebody on here might have tried to do this before us and could provide an answer on here quicker and easier than us calling in to Best Buy's customer service.

Isn't the embargo lift starting on the 24th?

Hope so. Really eager to see if there's gonna be anything but Zelda I'm picking up at launch. I think I am Setsuna would be cool on a Nintendo console (for me as I have very nostalgic memories of Square-Enix games on SNES) but even that's hard to justify since I have it on PS4 (and with trophies).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I just realized a second controller is $90!!!!

WAT

I'm going to wait till the Pro is available. How much is that?

Just got a SanDisk 128gb card from Amazon warehouse deals for 32 buck s, great deal. That will be more than enough for me, since I will be buying more physical games, and only buy digital on eShop exclusives .

They have one left for 33 bucks shipped.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

surejan.gif

JyLFiPz.jpg

ViciousDS

Banned
Just got the GameStop email telling me I'll be charged on the 25th, check my billing, etc.

Super stoked to play when I get home from work next Friday!

Got my email as well

But I get to personally pick up my neons in store the grays are from the website

So fucking excited!!!!

jorgejjvr

Guys I got a switch pre ordered at best buy and I'll be there at midnight. My brother on the other hand was not able to. What are the chances that if he makes the line with me that he'll get one without a pre order?

antonz

Is there a way you can tell? None of the calendars go past the 28th and I checked several stores in the Seattle, WA area and didn't see any mentions of Switch launch on their store specific pages.

You should see a drop down to select state and see a list of stores doing midnight opening from the link he gave.

Oh my bad, he meant Pro. I thought he was correcting my regular L,R price.

Why is the Pro $70? Hi def rumble?

Pro has all the joycon tech in it

Top Bottom