• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch successor not expected to be impacted by shortages, Nintendo to battle scarcity and resale

Kabelly

I was easily able to make a preorder here in Canada for the Switch 1. I'm day 0 on Switch 2 unless Nintendo does something really stupid with the console.

Zannegan

Shortages? What is it 2020? Nintendo as allways a few years later.

( Yes I know there are shortages but not as comparable as 2020)
We're not talking COVID-related shortages. Since gaming went mainstream, every console with even moderate demand has had shortages around launch. Logistically, companies can only make and ship so many units per month, but everyone wants one at launch. The rise of bots to aid scalpers has only exacerbated the issue.

It will likely be the same with PS5 Pro (unless Sony prices it at $800 or something) even though pro variants typocally only do a fraction of the business the main console does.

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
Anyone else gonna wait next generation to buy the newer consoles? I've been pretty whelmed by Sony. Nintendo switch has a good system but I feel burnt out by drip feeding and the politics of gaming.

Zannegan

Anyone else gonna wait next generation to buy the newer consoles? I've been pretty whelmed by Sony. Nintendo switch has a good system but I feel burnt out by drip feeding and the politics of gaming.
I thought I'd pick one up 6 months to a year after launch, just to let the libraroes build, but at this point I'm in the same boat as you. Every game I think is going to come out and break my resolve has some drawback that makes me think I can wait.

Zannegan

show the damn console already
This is 100% fake, but maybe it will tide you over:

I feel your pain. The wait to actually see a new console is agonizing. On the other hand, once it's actually announced, it will be what it is forever--for better and for worse. At least for now, we get to indulge in speculation and wild surmise. Schrodinger's Switch 2 is ephemeral, but it is also endlessly entertaining in its variety.

What we need is a new insane rumor about the console's gimmick for us to disagree over, like a metallic strip built into the Joycon 2 that senses your heartrate but also shocks you when you take damage for next level force feedback, or that Nintendo is abandoning joysticks altogether in favor of Steam Controller touchpads for the sake of simplicity.

Top Bottom