• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Team Dallas Week 4: The Might of GAF

rareside

The results from week 3 have just been posted, and thanks to the power of GAF Dallas got the online vote! You guys rock! Chicago ended up winning with the best Karaoke video though. They all rapped to Jenny from the Block by JLo, creating their own Nintendo rap rather than borrowing JLo's incredible lyrics. Pretty damn funny! Also, Seattle won 2nd with their Hyrule rendition of DJ Sammy's Heaven. We ended up snagging 3rd place with our version of No Doubt's Hella Good.

The race now is closer than ever, and if you haven't become bored with the Nintendo Street Team yet, it would rock if you could drop a few more votes our way! If you've become sick of us, please just ignore us, as I really don't like doing shameless plugs, even on the forum I love. This week's challenge was to become famous by using an existing media outlet. They're not nearly as fun as the karaoke videos, but if you want to help a fellow GAFFER, vote for DALLAS at

http://www.nintendo.com/street_vote.jsp
(If you haven't voted yet, all you need to do is create a 'My Nintendo' account, which is easy and free. Make sure to unclick the box during registration so you don't receive any unwanted mail from Nintendo. Once you register, just click 'Return to original page' and vote [for Dallas])!

The competition is nearing its end, but thank you so much for the help you've given the past 3 weeks!! The thing I hate most is the self-promotion we are forced to do in order to be competitive.. I'm just ready to return to a state of natural gaming again...and for once in my life be able to afford to donate some cash to the GAF servers. Also, remember that each time you vote is another entry into the drawing to become the "Honorary 9th Street Teamer" and win $5000 of your own.

rareside

Thank you so much guys! Also, if you're near Dallas, come to QuakeCon this weekend! Or come to the Curiousa music festival, as we'll be at both and you can get plenty of Nintendo swag!

AirBrian

rareside said:
Thank you so much guys! Also, if you're near Dallas, come to QuakeCon this weekend! Or come to the Curiousa music festival, as we'll be at both and you can get plenty of Nintendo swag!
Wait, what? QuakeCon is this weekend?

Also, where is the Curiousa festival at?

rareside

AirBrian said:
Wait, what? QuakeCon is this weekend?

Also, where is the Curiousa festival at?

Yup, QuakeCon is a ghosttown now though.. It's almost midnight, and if you don't get your computer out of the convention center by then, you have to stay until 8am... Booooooooooooo... so I guess it's an all-nighter for me. Will you late nite GAFFERs keep me company?

Curiousa tour was pretty cool though. Cooper Temple Clause kicked ass! And the Cure was good too! Muse didn't play because they were injured.. apparently during a football game someone broke their leg.

rareside

Last day to vote and check out Week 4 entries, such as the Chicago team calling into a radio show for a shameless plug... Are they even trying?

Our team managed to get on a pretty popular morning show, but we spent half the time reciting codes for Mike Tyson's Punch-Out and the Konami code... Nothing like codes for 15+ year old games to wake you up in the morning!

Top Bottom