• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Izuna

Banned
So the plan is to finish all main missions until I get to the DLC content unlocked, finish that, then do the update content.

I don't know if I will ever get the time to finish the stuff on old difficulties tho.

It's a lovely difficulty boost. The hell are these red enemies? Lol

Maybe it is best to play those other two games first and leave this for last, I dunno.

Edit: Onryoki down, yeah I think I should return another time.

Is there a reason to finish this on ng or ng+ before highest? Like, are there a lot of upgrade items I'd miss out on for not doing stuff on lower difficulties?

Did anyone else find Iga Style mission to be the hardest on wotd? I mean the rest was like so much easier, even the missions in a new region. I think I had to try it at least 5 times before I beat it. Okatsu is super annoying :(

So the plan is to finish all main missions until I get to the DLC content unlocked, finish that, then do the update content.

I don't know if I will ever get the time to finish the stuff on old difficulties tho.

It's a lovely difficulty boost. The hell are these red enemies? Lol

Maybe it is best to play those other two games first and leave this for last, I dunno.

Edit: Onryoki down, yeah I think I should return another time.

Is there a reason to finish this on ng or ng+ before highest? Like, are there a lot of upgrade items I'd miss out on for not doing stuff on lower difficulties?

To be honest with you, I would finish the other games first and then play Nioh. There is a lot of new content worth checking out.

Izuna

Banned
To be honext with you, I would finish the other games first and then play Nioh. There is a lot of new content worth checking out.

Yeah. I'm gunna unlock Okatsu before bed making whatever way of damned progress I can do, then go to bed.

Undertake first, then Nier Automata, then Nioh... Sounds good for pre E3 if I play every night.

Deku Tree

How's magic fare end game? It's what I'm statting towards cause I've enjoyed it so much during the alpha and beta.

Using magic to buff yourself is still pretty good. Using magic to weaken or damage, or slow down other enemies is honestly very weak on higher difficulties right now.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Okay, PvP is really pissing me off. The damage output is incredibly unbalanced. Sometimes I can tank tons of hits, sometimes I get one-shot. Yes, I've been actually one-shot. I'm level 146 with divine 150 gear up up to +3 so I don't know what kind of insane loot these people have but it's just not fun. It's not even a test of skill, just a contest of raw damage.

Also the glitches such as where I am defeated without dying (one time I was literally moving around with about 350 HP left and then my character collapsed and it said defeated... there was still plenty of time left too) are just too annoying.

I'll wait for a patch before continuing this, because it's just awful right now.

Izuna

Banned
I need to stop until after exams

5 hours...

It's weird tho, why is it that the weapons won't go higher than 170? The max is 220 right? No matter how many LV400 Revs I killed the weapon level never increased. Then again, I was in the first 3 regions at LV200... I dunno, weird.

I need to stop until after exams

5 hours...

It's weird tho, why is it that the weapons won't go higher than 170? The max is 220 right? No matter how many LV400 Revs I killed the weapon level never increased. Then again, I was in the first 3 regions at LV200... I dunno, weird.

The weapon levels unlocks with regions, 5th or 6th region (can't remember exactly) gives you access to lvl 200. Max is lvl210 +20. 200+ gear only drops from those red elite enemies, at least that's what we know so far.

@arbok26 I think we are still gonna get Way of the Master and Way of the Nioh :)

First will have gear lvl250 +30, with max 260, but 250+ again will be drops and last difficulty will add gear lvl310 +40, with max being lvl320.

Izuna

Banned
The weapon level unlocks with regions, 6 region gives you access to lvl 200. Max is lvl210 +20. 200+ gear only drops from those red elite enemies, at least that's what we know so far.

@arbok26 I think we gonna get Way of the Master and Way of the Nioh :)

Ah okay, that makes sense.

I'll return after a week or so when exams are done and get the DLC missions done. <3

Oh great. So I'm getting one-shot by min-maxers who spent countless hours at the blacksmith re-rolling stats?

This is lame. PvP should be a measure of skill, not whoever grinded the most. :(

Yep, that's why I said it many times, it should have been done dojo style. Everyone even gear + wooden weapons, no magic and ninjitsu.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yep, that's why I said it many times, it should have been done dojo style. Everyone even gear + wooden weapons, no magic and ninjitsu.
I'd be fine with magic/ninjutsu to a certain extent, you do want your build to to "shine" so to speak, but not when it's absurdly unbalanced like it is now..

Game is too good...

Dam fuckin right.

Yup this is exactly where I was in the game and yeah the crystals were making the lock on a massive pain.

The lock on is really bad in areas where there are environmental objects that you can lock on to and destroy. It's really dumb that those can be locked on to in the middle of combat.

That is a pretty impressive clip. I don't have the patience to do the Ki pulse after individual strikes, I always get greedy and try to combo when they are Ki-depleted.

That one is alot harder than the others because of the small environments, but lock on shouldnt be an issues.

Go into your settings and turn objects to fade priority (Its called something like that) it should make it so objects dont obscure your view., then just dont lock off? Cant say ive ever had a problem with the lock on there, so i imagine this is the issue.

Sarcasm

I know this game isn't like combo button heavy, but I can't remember squat when it comes to combo button presses.

Its what is holding me back fighting this one dude 1 vs 1 in region 1.

Izuna

Banned
What is the fastest/safest way to level up in WotD? I get one-shotted constantly.

Really getting on my nerves.

Not sure, but I've played the whole game with low agility and max 6 vit...

I think the best bet is to just try and do the main missions until you can repeat on wo the boss side missions or do a twilight.

I was getting 1-2 level ups per mission which was nice.

Fuck I wish I could play more.

finally played my first demon missions. dropped like a fly in my weak gear at first but it only took 1-2 missions until stuff felt somewhat normal again. i equipped fuku and tried using more magic projectiles and other tricks i neglected. fun!

Izuna

Banned
I think I should have upgraded a single item haha

I feel like my damage is okay with a 150+10 sword, but the 150 armour felt bad.

Should I wait for LV210 weapons and gear and just soul match? Is soul match still broken in that it costs insane amounts?

Deku Tree

I think I should have upgraded a single item haha

I feel like my damage is okay with a 150+10 sword, but the 150 armour felt bad.

Should I wait for LV210 weapons and gear and just soul match? Is soul match still broken in that it costs insane amounts?

I found soul match affordable given selling a lot of stuff and the amount of gold I was making. I soul mafched my same gear all the way up to 200+15 to get the trophy. I spent 100% of my gold but I didn't ever grind for extra gold.

I think soul matching the same type of piece is cheaper than soul matching two different pieces. There is also a soul match cost reduction perk that works if it is the piece you are using to infuse up your main piece. . Also sometimes different pieces cost different amounts to infuse so check different pieces.

You can also forge new gear and the further you get the higher level it can go all the way up to 200. I am not gonna grind for 210 gear.

Izuna

Banned
I found soul match affordable given selling a lot of stuff and the amount of gold I was making. I soul mafched my same gear all the way up to 200+15 to get the trophy. I spent 100% of my gold but I didn't ever grind for extra gold.

I think soul matching the same type of piece is cheaper than soul matching two different pieces. There is also a soul match cost reduction perk that works if it is the piece you are using to infuse up your main piece. . Also sometimes different pieces cost different amounts to infuse so check different pieces.

You can also forge new gear and the further you get the higher level it can go all the way up to 200. I am not gonna grind for 210 gear.

It sounds like it is still expensive if I soul match multiple times. I think I can pick up a 210 weapon before needing the I grease in power.

Also, I cant wait to play more. Even tho I said I would play other games, I feel this addiction hitting again. Haha. Just gotta unlock the DLC in this difficultly...

It sounds like it is still expensive if I soul match multiple times. I think I can pick up a 210 weapon before needing the I grease in power.

Also, I cant wait to play more. Even tho I said I would play other games, I feel this addiction hitting again. Haha. Just gotta unlock the DLC in this difficultly...
It's not bad, it only costs me like 400k gold to upgrade from +19 to 20 and you have a mission where you can make 1.5 mil in 10 seconds lol

Deku Tree

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181161-nioh/75344451

Dear eveyone who loves NiOH greetings:

NiOH season Pass : 3,000 yen + tax ( Including Tohoku Dragon bundle or as western PSN refer to Dragon of The North, release individually May 2nd, 2017. Retail price: 1300 yen + tax )

Inheritors of Honor bundle ( Release date: TBA, Retail price: TBA )

Siege of Osaka: Winter Campaign ( November~December of 1614 )

Includes new characters, weapons, yokai, guardian spirits, stages, and scenario.

Genna Enbu bundle ( Release date: TBA, Retail price: TBA )

Siege of Osaka: Summer Campaign ( May of 1615 )

The end of the Warring States period. Includes new characters, weapons, yokai, guardian spirits, stages, and scenario.

www.gamecity.ne.jp/nioh/dlc.html
koei.wikia.com/wiki/Nioh/DLC

PS: There will be contradictions between the Real William Adams & NiOH's "fictional" one: in the remaining DLC's ( November 1614~May 1615 ) the historical Adam helped to establish an English factory (trading post) for the East India Company at Hirado, in Kyushu northwest of Nagasaki in 1613. sailed in November 1614 for Siam expedition/trade, only returned to Japan in June 1615 makes him impossible presence in both Campaigns*

*www.britannica.com/biography/William-Adams
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

God bless you

~Andytu
2017/05/14 17:47 local time

Deku Tree

Restless Spirits in Omi region gives 1.5mil gold on Way of the Demon and 500k gold on Way of the Strong.

Yeah I tried that 10 second thing last night 3-4 times and I wasn't able to pull it off. The second boss just hyper armors through all my attacks, doesn't stagger, and his multiple sword projectile attack can one shot me at full health.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Holy shit, Just beat A Meeting on the Other Shore. Level 151 with a 150 Kusarigama. I dont think i can beat this 2 without using the sloth. Definitely harder then the Two Nioh kings...I felt pump now.

N° 2048

Holy shit, Just beat A Meeting on the Other Shore. Level 151 with a 150 Kusarigama. I dont think i can beat this 2 without using the sloth. Definitely harder then the Two Nioh kings...I felt pump now.

I feel you bud.
Just got the "Complete all missions" trophy two days ago:

QONVIyz.gif

Just have the Kodama, Hot Springs and Dung trophies left but not in any rush for those.

shmoglish

I hate this game so much right now. Playing a sidequest in the third or fourth region
the one in the bath house
and the final battle is so unbeliebable annoying (at least for me)

Top Bottom