• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Jimrpg

Geez
spider nest castle
seems like a pretty big stage.

Should I do the area behind the castle gates first or go down that tunnel? I feel like the boss is down that tunnel.

And I definitely feel like I hit a pretty big bump in the difficulty just before
nue
. I had to level up over and over to readjust my stats and get more health (I had put it into strength). After that,
the mines, the ocean roars stage and the current stage
hasn't been overly difficult.

Jamiaro

So I'm back, damage wise, where I was at lvl750 before the nerf of power pill, sword of execution etc. and there is still a lot of room for improvement.

34473071781_59cd858b11_o.gif

34603445975_891a0dd3c1_o.gif

Final blow is at 32K now, older gif

34386564521_50a6336a04_o.gif

Back to Tome I guess lol

Solid damage. :) What are your stats at this point?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Geez
spider nest castle
seems like a pretty big stage.

Should I do the area behind the castle gates first or go down that tunnel? I feel like the boss is down that tunnel.

And I definitely feel like I hit a pretty big bump in the difficulty just before
nue
. I had to level up over and over to readjust my stats and get more health (I had put it into strength). After that,
the mines, the ocean roars stage and the current stage
hasn't been overly difficult.

I'm at the same exact place right now. Difficulty spiked hard at Nue but everything since then has been very smooth sailing. This area is big but it's pretty fun so far. Love the minibosses. I barely have points in Body though. I have like 10. Maybe I should level it up some more.

Jimrpg

I'm at the same exact place right now. Difficulty spiked hard at Nue but everything since then has been very smooth sailing. This area is big but it's pretty fun so far. Love the minibosses. I barely have points in Body though. I have like 10. Maybe I should level it up some more.

Tip for Spider Nest Castle, location of boss :
In the top room of the building behind the castle gates, definitely try to get to the shrine first.
. Walked right into the boss and lost 40000 amrita. Oh well.

This level is HUGE. And I don't normally collect things but I have 5 of the 6 higuramo fragments. I think I'm missing number 5.

Pretty good level but it's a touch long. And I never want to see a spider again after this. Seems like 4 out of every 5 enemies was a spider. And I have to admit I jumped a couple of times when they landed on my head. *shakes fist* damn you spiders!

That might have been one of the easiest platinums I have got in a game that wasn't complete the game to platinum. There is so much left to play.

On another note the movement of the Nue's eyes is disturbing.

Drencrom

Regarding the name of the third boss form the Dragon of the north DLC

I know Team Ninja is taking pointers from Bloodborne, but did they really have to name their blonde swordwielding female boss Maria? A soldier dude even calls her "Lady Maria" in the cutscene after you defeat Date just before you fight her lmao

Not sure it's blatant plagiarism or Team Ninja's way of paying homage to Bloodborne/FROM Software

Just to add some extra "trivia" regarding them:
Both Lady Maria and Maria were bosses added in a DLC expansion. They both are the third boss you fight in the expansion and you can reach them immediately after defeating the second boss. It's not a coincidence lol

Regarding the name of the third boss form the Dragon of the north DLC

I know Team Ninja is taking pointers from Bloodborne, but did they really have to name their blonde swordwielding female boss Maria? A soldier dude even calls her "Lady Maria" in the cutscene after you defeat Date just before you fight her lmao

Not sure it's blatant plagiarism or Team Ninja's way of paying homage to Bloodborne/FROM Software

Just to add some extra "trivia" regarding them:
Both Lady Maria and Maria were bosses added in a DLC expansion. They both are the third boss you fight in the expansion and you can reach them immediately after defeating the second boss. It's not a coincidence lol

Or.....just maybe.....like every other major NPC in the game, shes based on a real person, and that person is called Maria.

But thats probably a too far fetched theory, and this is a classic case of "Name plagiarism".

Alastor3

Is there an easier way to disassemble the weapons and armor or I have to do it all manually?

Also, I have two Fan as accessory, one with 18+ luck and the other +28. Is that stackage? Does luck affect everything? like the amount of gold and item you found or just the rarity ?

edit: also, I can't play with my friend unless one of us have finished a mission? Might as well just wait till we are both in NG+ i guess

xuchu

Is there an easier way to disassemble the weapons and armor or I have to do it all manually?

Also, I have two Fan as accessory, one with 18+ luck and the other +28. Is that stackage? Does luck affect everything? like the amount of gold and item you found or just the rarity ?

Press R2 to check all when in the sell or disassemble menus. Press square to lock things you want to keep.

Hybris

edit: also, I can't play with my friend unless one of us have finished a mission? Might as well just wait till we are both in NG+ i guess

You can use the touch pad button in that menu to mark things based on certain parameters as well. I used that one a lot to sell everything under a certain rarity.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I legit can't PvP at all. Connection error every single time. So what's the best way to get glory on NG? Which place got the revenants that pays the most before NG?

Jimrpg

How the hell do you guys finish this game in 30 something hours?

I'm at 35 hours and just finished the
Spider Boss
. Tried to beat the
guy on the bridge on the sub mission, but he's a bit strong

I have more than half the game to go, AND its probably the harder half. :(

Fandangox

DLC Third (fourth?) Boss Battle:

Okay, what the fuck. Why does Maria has absolutely no startup on her grab, there's many fucking times where I am in Low stance doing light attacks and she just grabs me in the middle of the string. What the hell where they thinking.

Caim

Can anyone explain why, in 1v1 PvP, sometimes I lose before losing all my HP? Time didn't run out either.

I think it's a bug, happened to me a couple of times as well.

DLC Third (fourth?) Boss Battle:

Okay, what the fuck. Why does Maria has absolutely no startup on her grab, there's many fucking times where I am in Low stance doing light attacks and she just grabs me in the middle of the string. What the hell where they thinking.

Yeah it's pretty wild lol you can only see if it didn't connect (that slap animation)

PranooY

I'm getting one-shot by the first Dragon of North dlc boss. ;_;
I'm at level 101 and with decent armour. What the heck shud I do different?
Never getting hit is a hard task.

Raptor

General tips off the top of my head?

-Practice Ki Pulse fluxing (the flux skill is in the skill tree and is shared between all weapons) when you get down to the bottom half of your stamina bar during a series of combos.

Yes, flux gives you back a chunk of stamina when you switch stance on ki pulse, but some people don't know that if you switch stance multiple times in a row on ki pulse, you get back multiple chunks of stamina. So after a multi-combo onslaught, and you're running low on stamina even with ki pulsing, do a ki pulse flux where you chain multiple stance changes and get back the whole bar.

-Learn an optimal punish when you drain a human enemy's stamina. Some people just go for a grapple. Don't do this. You can get so much more damage.

For example, when I break a human enemy's stamina (human bosses included) with dual kats, I Sign of the Cross, which knocks them down, then I position myself to where I'm directly behind them, do a final blow, then time a square combo as they get up. If you time it right, you will get a full free combo behind the enemy without them getting a chance to guard as they get up. Also sometimes the game lets me get in two Sign of the Cross attacks and still get a final blow in afterward. Not sure what the requirements are.

My friend who mains single kats hits a stamina broken enemy to knock them down, then does a fully charged Iai as they fall, then finishes with a final blow from behind into a square combo like I described above.

This does an extreme amount of damage compared to just going for a grapple.

This are great tips, will practice Flux stuff.

Honestly I agree with the guy that's saying Nue is the hardest boss (so far). Every other boss I've beaten in 1-2 tries. Nue took like...10+. Maybe I just couldn't figure out how to reliably and consistently Ki-deplete him, idk.

I just beat the
Ice princess lady
. 2 tries, piece of cake.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Honestly I agree with the guy that's saying Nue is the hardest boss (so far). Every other boss I've beaten in 1-2 tries. Nue took like...10+. Maybe I just couldn't figure out how to reliably and consistently Ki-deplete him, idk.

I just beat the
Ice princess lady
. 2 tries, piece of cake.
Wow. Complete opposite for me. She was muuuuch harder. Hardest non-optional boss for me by far.

Deku Tree

Well I finally unlocked every WotD mission last night. Switched from Axe Build to Ninja Shryuken build wirh Kusa. Still working on the last two regions, and the DLC region, and the 1.06 missions. Got every trophy except for the all WotD missions one.

Ok seriously what the fuck, Nue returns in a later mission and I swear to christ this googly-eyed cunt is harder and cheaper than any other enemy in this game. I don't understand how people are saying he's easy.

Even when I do manage to Ki-stun him, he's littered the field with so many Yokai zones that I have absolutely no Ki left over to do any meaningful damage to him. And his Ki-restore move basically 1 shots me.

What the shit

Doesn't help that this game's jackshit garbage fucking lock on system wants to lock on to literally everything else BUT him.

Fuck I'm tilted right now.

Ok seriously what the fuck, Nue returns in a later mission and I swear to christ this googly-eyed cunt is harder and cheaper than any other enemy in this game. I don't understand how people are saying he's easy.

Even when I do manage to Ki-stun him, he's littered the field with so many Yokai zones that I have absolutely no Ki left over to do any meaningful damage to him. And his Ki-restore move basically 1 shots me.

What the shit

Doesn't help that this game's jackshit garbage fucking lock on system wants to lock on to literally everything else BUT him.

Dont get hit. Plan ahead. Use ki pulse.
Profit???
https://youtu.be/3tE0b-muiKE

And lock on system in nioh is perfectly fine. Stop blaming the game *_*

xuchu

What the shit

Here's an easy and reliable method to beating him for newcomers that I've posted previously:

Bait his lightning breath attack, quickly run to his right (your left) and attack either his glowing belly or his face. You will instantly ki break it and can use a couple of big combos.

However, don't get greedy. After two combos dash out as the boss will try to regain ki by putting down a yokai field. When it does this two lightning strikes will occur, one on top of him and one where you are. If you are still wailing in him you'll get double bolted and will instantly die.

When you see the boss arch its back and then scream that's a telegraph for its call lightning. There's always 4, simply keep moving to dodge them. You can also use either a water elemental weapon or water talismans as he's weak against them.

If you're running out of ki, try to switch stances as you ki pulse as this will be give you a net positive ki. This is called flux and really helps continuing combos or staying on the offensive when you're below half ki. Hope this helps.

I'm sure you'll beat him and later on come to find he's very easy,

Profit???

To be fair, I think he's talking about the white tiger stage and that level in particular has lots of crystals around when you're fighting nue so I can see the lock on going wonky at times there.

What the shit

Please tell me you trolling, cause I refuse to believe that Nue can be a problem to anyone lol

I can easly beat him with a wooden sword on wotd without ever getting hit and you telling me you can't with all the gear available to you? it has to be a joke post.

Hey Ni-Oh GAF! Quick question:
Does my magic stat effect the Elemental Amulet items? Like would my Onmyo-Jutsu be of the same strength as a fire amulet?
And for Ninjutsu is it the same? Do my Ninjutsu bombs do similar damage to the items I find if my stat is high enough?

Deku Tree

Hey Ni-Oh GAF! Quick question:
Does my magic stat effect the Elemental Amulet items? Like would my Onmyo-Jutsu be of the same strength as a fire amulet?
And for Ninjutsu is it the same? Do my Ninjutsu bombs do similar damage to the items I find if my stat is high enough?

Yes items that scale with a certain stat get stronger if your stat is higher.

You can destroy most of the game on the hardest difficulty with shryuken and 99 ninjutsu and the proper setup. It's the most popular OP build at the moment.

Here's an easy and reliable method to beating him for newcomers that I've posted previously:

Bait his lightning breath attack, quickly run to his right (your left) and attack either his glowing belly or his face. You will instantly ki break it and can use a couple of big combos.

However, don't get greedy. After two combos dash out as the boss will try to regain ki by putting down a yokai field. When it does this two lightning strikes will occur, one on top of him and one where you are. If you are still wailing in him you'll get double bolted and will instantly die.

When you see the boss arch its back and then scream that's a telegraph for its call lightning. There's always 4, simply keep moving to dodge them. You can also use either a water elemental weapon or water talismans as he's weak against them.

I did do all this and I did finally beat him after like 10+ tries (again) and almost putting my controller through my wall lmao.

I had no issues ki-breaking him but every time his lightning touched me it was paralyzing me and slowing me down and all his Yokai fields were killing my Ki. Was beyond frustrating.

Hilariously enough, I had next to no trouble beating the actual White Tiger boss lol.

To be fair, I think he's talking about the white tiger stage and that level in particular has lots of crystals around when you're fighting nue so I can see the lock on going wonky at times there.

Yup this is exactly where I was in the game and yeah the crystals were making the lock on a massive pain.

Please tell me you trolling, cause I refuse to believe that Nue can be a problem to anyone lol

I can easly beat him with a wooden sword on wotd without ever getting hit and you telling me you can't with all the gear available to you? it has to be a joke post.

Not trollilng. Nue is literally the only enemy in this entire game so far that I've had trouble with. Every other boss has been a cakewalk.

Please record yourself fighting Nue with a wooden sword, I'd love to watch that.

Profit???

The lock on is really bad in areas where there are environmental objects that you can lock on to and destroy. It's really dumb that those can be locked on to in the middle of combat.

That is a pretty impressive clip. I don't have the patience to do the Ki pulse after individual strikes, I always get greedy and try to combo when they are Ki-depleted.

Izuna

Banned
Gunna play tonight because Nier and Undertale are all that's left and I can play those after exams...

Is there a NG++? Or just the 6 hours of content?

Yes items that scale with a certain stat get stronger if your stat is higher.

You can destroy most of the game on the hardest difficulty with shryuken and 99 ninjutsu and the proper setup. It's the most popular OP build at the moment.
How's magic fare end game? It's what I'm statting towards cause I've enjoyed it so much during the alpha and beta.

Izuna

Banned
Fuck it, gunna try and do everything on Way of Demon and go backwards if I ever get time.

Edit: Super sad face, I feel overwhelmed with all the content...

Top Bottom