• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Special in USA [OT] Billy Gunn Main Events in 2017

The first 4 matches of Dominion 2017, an all time incredible NJPW show

The first 4 matches of tonight's show

The fucking Lethal/Page match really dragged the USA show and is the only one that compares badly.

Otherwise it's uh, kinda the same stuff.

The last four matches of tonight have fucking nothing on the last four of Dominion though.

I mean jesus christ Cody is in the main event in place of Kenny.

Cody’s match is an hour long???
VJFKsOs.png

The fucking Lethal/Page match really dragged the USA show and is the only one that compares badly.

Sure but uhhh does the main half of tonight comes close to Dominon?

Not for a second.

Not really

LIJ had a much better match at Dominion
Bucks had a much better match at Dominion
Lions match was pretty good too. That was the one that ended with the Kawato/Finlay confrontation

klonere

Banned
The last four matches of tonight have fucking nothing on the last four of Dominion though.

I mean jesus christ Cody is in the main event in place of Kenny.

Sure but uhhh does the main half of tonight comes close to Dominon?

Not for a second.

Ishii/Naito and Kenny/Elgin are combinations that have produced 4.5+ star matches before.

There is no excuse or forgiveness for Cody. It could have been literally anybody but Cody. ANYBODY.

I'm not trying to stan for NJPW but y'all are super down on this and I'm having fun :(

Ishii/Naito and Kenny/Elgin are combinations that have produced 4.5+ star matches before.

There is no excuse or forgiveness for Cody. It could have been literally anybody but Cody. ANYBODY.

I guess it'll just depend how long they get for those matches.

Lol JR and Barnett don't even know if this is their first defense.

Oh good this is going to be a garbage brawl.

I'm not trying to stan for NJPW but y'all are super down on this and I'm having fun :(

It's been a fun show.

klonere

Banned
I guess it'll just depend how long they get for those matches.

Lol JR and Barnett don't even know if this is their first defense.

Oh good this is going to be a garbage brawl.

It's pre G-1 there is no way they go as hard as they normally would. They'll be great matches but not blow away. I'm just...I don't know :p

I'm super happy you are enjoying it. Really, I am.

I'm just not. At least not as much as I hoped I would when New Japan announced US shows. Just seems like a subpar effort. Like I get that Gedo typically books filler on his shows, but when you are going outside of your comfort zone in terms of market and location, you have to also take exception with your match choice and booking.

If the excuse is that G1 is close, then they should have run another time when they can put on the best show possible.

klonere

Banned
I'm super happy you are enjoying it. Really, I am.

I'm just not. At least not as much as I hoped I would when New Japan announced US shows. Just seems like a subpar effort. Like I get that Gedo typically books filler on his shows, but when you are going outside of your comfort zone in terms of market and location, you have to also take exception with your match choice and booking.

If the excuse is that G1 is close, then they should have run another time when they can put on the best show possible.

It's definitely not staking a claim to any sort of superlative wrestling action in the US, that is for sure.

This show isn't for me, I already knew this coming in. I'm having fun for the most part, but the production and the commentary sucks and that's a damn shame.

Are the announcers coming through the live mics? Or is the sound setup just bad? What's going on?

The sound production us horrible

It's pre G-1 there is no way they go as hard as they normally would. They'll be great matches but not blow away. I'm just...I don't know :p

Then don't do this show now.

Do it when you can go all out

Because when you're trying to break in to a new market not giving it your all is crap.

Top Bottom