• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Special in USA [OT] Billy Gunn Main Events in 2017

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Let's just hope Gedo doesn't have that Vince delusion thinking "look how much heat Cody is getting!"

Honestly I think Cody vs Okada would have happened in Japan anyway, but at least here he's getting booed as opposed to...nothing in Japan.

Maybe if it was Korakuen it would work, but I doubt they'll have an IWGP heavyweight match there these days.

Fox318

Lol Fox got fingered 🖕

giphy.gif

roh's world champ losing to another companies world champ not long after he won the belt is gonna be funny

I loved when he won the belt and people were like "well I guess we're getting a non-finish or Cody is winning the IWGP title because ROH wouldn't let him lose" and I was just like lol.

Cody is proof that HHH and the John Laurinaitis WWE can't create wrestlers.

Idk man, Roman is pretty damn good. Other than his booking of course.

People who want to look for a different product than the WWE probably aren't interested in rejects that were thrown out even though they hit all the WWE check lists.

Fox318

I loved when he won the belt and people were like "well I guess we're getting a non-finish or Cody is winning the IWGP title because ROH wouldn't let him lose" and I was just like lol.

Idk man, Roman is pretty damn good. Other than his booking of course.

It took Roman a ton of time working with AJ and a few other workers on the road before he started mixing up his moveset and learning how and when to sell better.

Notice how after he started working with AJ is when he drastically improved from punch kick to using a ton of power spots.

ScribbleD

I'm not one to defend WWE, but this isn't bad because it's a WWE style match, it's bad because it's the worst kind of WWE style match. All valleys and no peaks.

It took Roman a ton of time working with AJ and a few other workers on the road before he started mixing up his moveset and learning how and when to sell better.

Notice how after he started working with AJ is when he drastically improved from punch kick to using a ton of power spots.

Nah, he was still good before AJ. AJ did make him better though.

My point is that WWE can make good wrestlers, but they just don't do it often. It's not impossible though.

Top Bottom