• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW G1 Special in USA [OT] Billy Gunn Main Events in 2017

He's truly one of the best in-ring workers out there. I think he'll be one of those guys when he retires everyone will realize how great he really was

Thats the thing. I know he is a fantastic wrestler, he has a really likable personality and seems like a great guy. There is just something that doesn't quite click for me for some reason.

UberTag

So it'll be Omega vs. the winner of ZSJ/Ishii in the finals then. Have to think Sabre is winning this whole thing.

It really wasn't to begin with.

Plenty to complain about for this production but this match wasn't

To be fair I said mediocre Omega match. Not mediocre match in general.

It really picked up at the end, and from the german suplex on the apron on it was incredible, but the start was hardly blow me away.

Granted this show has kinda just annoyed me in general

Hex

Banned
He's truly one of the best in-ring workers out there. I think he'll be one of those guys when he retires everyone will realize how great he really was

I used to feel the same, then I watched Naito Elgin.
He is a great worker, fast and agile for a hoss

If the want to really legitimize the belt it should be Omega vs Ibushi at WK.

For the US belt? I could see if you're optimistic

The final Omega/Okada match planned, per Dave, is G1. The World Champ Kenny pipe dream won't have a lot longer to be a thing, and I'd be stunned if they ever even give him an IC shot, let alone the belt

I have to think Omega has at least hinted to NJPW that he's strongly considering leaving. Otherwise it's kind of crazy for him to not get the IWGP belt.

Thats the thing. I know he is a fantastic wrestler, he has a really likable personality and seems like a great guy. There is just something that doesn't quite click for me for some reason.

Ohh yeah he's like that with alot of people. PWG and indies in general is where he truly shines, he's the best working the indie style

UberTag

Stardust is making me miss his classic Smoke & Mirrors entrance music.
Hope he eats multiple rainmakers.

Based on reaction, Okada is the biggest star on this show by a mile.

And people say a guy booked to win all the time can't be over as a babyface.

I didn't hate Cody in the WWE. I actually think he always did a pretty good job with what he was given. But I don't get why he's being pushed now whilst doing some of the most boring shit he's ever done. A freaky limitless Goldust would be way better in this position.

Ithil

I didn't hate Cody in the WWE. I actually think he always did a pretty good job with what he was given. But I don't get why he's being pushed now whilst doing some of the most boring shit he's ever done. A freaky limitless Goldust would be way better in this position.

He's good at marketing himself to promoters.

Top Bottom