• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Acolyte Season Two

Interfectum

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The Critical Drinker, Nerdrotic and many more Youtubers will be both elated and devastated. Tearing bad Disney shows apart is their bread and butter, it's what put them on the map. Season 1 of The Acolyte provided them with endless source material for their own shows.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The Critical Drinker, Nerdrotic and many more Youtubers will be both elated and devastated. Tearing bad Disney shows apart is their bread and butter, it's what put them on the map. Season 1 of The Acolyte provided them with endless source material for their own shows.
Don't worry... There would be enough material with the nefarious WB.

LordCBH

Lmao the tourists who try to claim The Acolyte was anything better than shit are now begging for Kathleen Kennedy to be fired. They’re correct to call for that, but for all the wrong reasons.

But it’s telling that she’s lost the faith of fans and tourists.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Things I learned from The Acolyte:

-Amandla is bored; she is not okay with having sex with your talking points.

-doesn'tchangefacialexpressions.ytmnd

- I've now seen Disney-PG softcore. Never thought I'd see Twilight-tumblr quality shipping in the style of Disney like some demented Who's Line Is It Anyway? game.

- Smilo getting carried off by CGI bugs after wiping the Jedi with Prince moves was worth the price of admission alone. Quality fucking television.

- Stone that burns. I eagerly await the comic series or novel that explains in canon that there's a planet that's full of flammable stone but it's exported galaxy wide for construction jobs that are cheap and non-safety compliant.

- Amandla has reproductive organs and a butt, and she's not afraid to thrust them in your face to combat misogyny or something. Doesn't work when climbing fences, though.

- More up and coming actors need to be cast in a main role speaking a language that they can barely verbalize. Mad respect to the dude and his work ethic and talent, but holy shit, also price of admission worthy.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Lucasfilm has got to stop hiring amature inexperienced showrunners, throwing 200 million at them, and then expect good results. They need to gather a core group of talented producers, writers, and directors (and this should be easy because Star Wars is a dream job for so many) and start bringing quality back. Filoni and especially Faverau aren't present enough to keep the ship headed where it needs to go.

Top Bottom