• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Acolyte Season Two

Atrus

Gold Member
I noped out after 3 episodes I think, the one with the cringe chant. The whole thing was emanating Netflix Witcher season 2 and 3 vibes.

Didn’t the show reportedly have Andor levels of budget?

Better to invest the money into better writing and pretend season 1 was never canon.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I wonder if that actress is going to make another "song" & music video to clap back at her "haters" :messenger_tears_of_joy:
giphy.webp

If you haven't watched it yet, here you go,

Are we collectively losing the ability to self reflect? Is introspection not a thing anymore? What made her think that "song" was a good idea. I'm getting mill vanilli vibes but at least their stuff was catchy.

Nydius

Disney needs to learn that “absence makes the heart grow fonder” isn’t just a cliche adage. Pumping out too many Star Wars shows a) inevitably dilutes quality as they’re forced to meet deadlines, and b) saturates the viewers with the property so much that it becomes pedestrian, losing its “magic”.

Last edited:
Disney needs to learn that “absence makes the heart grow fonder” isn’t just a cliche adage. Pumping out too many Star Wars shows a) inevitably dilutes quality as they’re forced to meet deadlines, and b) saturates the viewers with the property so much that it becomes pedestrian, losing its “magic”.
The streaming business model requires an endless, well, stream of content to keep people paying subscriptions. It's completely destroyed Hollywood from the ground up in such an impressive way and it's also amazing to witness just how fast Hollywood completely suicided their entire industry's business model in just a few short years to chase Netflix

RAÏSanÏa

I hadn't made it through the 4th episode yet. And I watched all of Kenobi and Fett.

So much effort to create then kill off the interesting characters with no little plot development to give the bland characters more presence was a move.

Awesome wookie jedi..dead...andorian looking chick that was cool..dead...famous actor dead...now let's get wet...

Darth Plagueis? I havn't even made it to that scene yet, but whoever thought it was a good idea to appeal to the Prequel generation that like Plagueis with a show like this was a fool.

Out of the shows Mando(2nd) and Ahsoka(1st) I like. Especially Ahsoka and how the direction it expanded lore.

Not as enthralled as some with Andor(3rd), but enjoyed.

tkscz

The Critical Drinker, Nerdrotic and many more Youtubers will be both elated and devastated. Tearing bad Disney shows apart is their bread and butter, it's what put them on the map. Season 1 of The Acolyte provided them with endless source material for their own shows.
Drinker has a career outside of Youtube. Guy has several books and an upcoming movie based on the books.

That said, the reason for the cancellation is most likely the lack of viewership and not fans or youtubers.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Are we collectively losing the ability to self reflect? Is introspection not a thing anymore? What made her think that "song" was a good idea. I'm getting mill vanilli vibes but at least their stuff was catchy.
Yeah right she probably lives in a bubble of like-minded wackos who constantly praise and patronize her because of her identity.

Reminds me of Frosk’s cringe rant where Adam Sessler + pals were all cheering her on as she scolded their audience.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I figured this story would end up going to comic books or novels. It didn't seem like a show that would get multiple seasons to me

Fake

Gold Member
Worst show of the history. That credit music should be a criminal act.

Last edited:

Vyse

Gold Member
The whole lot needs nuking from orbit and starting over with a proper episode 7. Set it Hundreds of years after Jedi if you must.

If i could actually remember my childhood im sure its Disney thats fucked it up.
Star Wars: The Next Generation

FunkMiller

Drinker has a career outside of Youtube. Guy has several books and an upcoming movie based on the books.

It's a crowdfunded amateur Kickstarter. And the reason he leans into Critical Drinker so heavily is because his books don't sell. Let's not start thinking he's some kind of power player, eh?

Last edited:

Saber

How can a sane person watch those wackos directing movies and even have the guts to say everything on it is fine is beyond me. Fan films are better than those trash, it feels like those bitches at leadership not only has a hate boner for both George Lucas and Spilberg but are also extremelly imcopetent at their work.

I say this is excellent news. I though they would double down on this stupidy by calling everyone a hater/racist and prepare for season 2.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The Critical Drinker, Nerdrotic and many more Youtubers will be both elated and devastated. Tearing bad Disney shows apart is their bread and butter, it's what put them on the map. Season 1 of The Acolyte provided them with endless source material for their own shows.
Maybe Disney should stop giving them so much material to work with.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
As soon as she dropped that song, I knew there was no way this show was getting a season 2.

Maybe once these folks realise that antagonising and gaslighting the fanbase is a terrible idea, and they start treating the source material with even a shred of respect, the show might have had a shot. It’s better to stay quiet or at least acknowledge the issues and promise to take them into consideration for future episodes and seasons, rather than blaming the fans or, even more absurdly, letting their main star put out a diss track to piss off those same fans.

gothmog

Gold Member
Lucasfilm has got to stop hiring amature inexperienced showrunners, throwing 200 million at them, and then expect good results. They need to gather a core group of talented producers, writers, and directors (and this should be easy because Star Wars is a dream job for so many) and start bringing quality back. Filoni and especially Faverau aren't present enough to keep the ship headed where it needs to go.
If it was that easy it would have already happened. People that talented know it's a total shit show.

Let's face it, Disney and Netflix will keep pumping out garbage entertainment for them to make content. They will be fine.

tkscz

It's a crowdfunded amateur Kickstarter. And the reason he leans into Critical Drinker so heavily is because his books don't sell. Let's not start thinking he's some kind of power player, eh?
what power play? Just said the guy has a career outside of Youtube.

Top Bottom