• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No films, no music, no sleep: Is 'raw-dogging' long flights heroic or foolish?

Would you raw-dog a flight like a true Sigma?

• Total voters

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'd rather rawdog the borderlands movie

0b8ZYaL.gif

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Flying to Japan in November. Furthest I've done prior to that is You Kay to Washington D.C. which was 8 hours. I have no fucking idea what I'm gonna do but sitting around just existing waiting for a loading screen to finish? I'm good.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
of course it's someone from Florida. I remember we used to have threads here with the G/A/F or something like that in the title for guessing where the story takes place. and like 80% of the time, it's freaking Florida. it truly is a "special" place.

Last edited:

Mistake

Gold Member
Before you had to go to 4chan to get advice to screw yourself up. Now you can just watch the news lol

Tams

I don't sleep on them (if I can) because I love flying and get pissed off if I miss it, especially take-off and landing. I used to have a tantrum as a kid if I fell asleep on a long haul flight.

If you can get through not sleeping, you just sleep really well your first night and jetlag isn't an issue.

I can get drinking little if you don't have access to the aisle, though even then drinking nothing is fucking stupid.

Not eating and entertaining yourself is just being silly.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do these same people also just go home at the end of the workday and sit in their house without doing anything or eating anything? Can we start the trend of "raw dogging life", so these people will finally just die off?

I had a 6 hour flight back in 2012 and sat next to a guy who did nothing but stare at the back of the head rest in front of him. It was very disturbing. It just made him seem very scared of flying and made the whole section near him uncomfortable.

Dazrael

I inadvertently did this the first time I went to Japan. It was a Lufthansa flight and the in-flight entertainment was broken so I stared at clouds for 11 hours. I thought my plight was over until I realised that I had the same plane on the way home too.

Porcile

The way people treat air travel is fucking weird. It's a metal tube that takes you from one place to another.

Why raw-dog a long flight or train ride when you can rest or do something useful/productive/fun throughout its duration? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
There are better ways to forge your self-discipline and mental fortitude than raw-dogging long flights/rides, assuming that's the intention behind the practice.

I had an 8hr. train/bus ride recently and it was a breeze because I played SMT V on my Switch for most of the trip. Ate a BLT and took a fat nap on the return ride. It was nice.

Top Bottom