• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Spaceworld - Mario Tennis and FE GCN this year in JPN

olimario

Banned
Space World 2004: Denied
Plus, Mario Tennis and Fire Emblem this year in Japan.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/531/531942p1.html

The magazine also has good news on the GameCube software front. Many games about which we've heard nothing of late are apparently planned for Japanese release this year. This includes Fire Emblem and Star Fox both of which have undisclosed GameCube release dates this year. Mario Tennis is scheduled for release in October with Mario Party 6 to follow in November. Remember, these dates apply only to Japan. There's no telling what Nintendo has cooking up at its American offices.

I know the spaceworld news is old, but boo-urns none the less.
Good to know I'll be able to import Tennis goodness this year, though. :rock
AND SFGCN AND MP6 AND :ROCK

And apparently the Japanese public will get to try out the DS before it launches.
Now for some good news. Nintendo does apparently plan to get the message about the DS out to gamers. While Space World is a no go, the company plans on holding nation-wide events that give the Japanese public a chance to try out the system. Details have yet to be revealed.

While Space World is a no go, the company plans on holding nation-wide events that give the Japanese public a chance to try out the system. Details have yet to be revealed.

Figured this was coming.

Mario Tennis this year. :) Not only that but in October, excellent stuff indeed. I was expecting it to be a Dec release in Japan after the US delay but this is just fantastic.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I will be a mixture of happy and furious if Mario tennis drops before PAL Pikmin 2.

On the one hand, Mario tennis is coming, on the other, where the shit-jesus is my pikmin 2. Seriously. I need too lavish attention on it before Halo 2 arrives and dominates my life for a very long time.

Is the PAL pikmin2 date still october sometime?

CVXFREAK said:
Nintendo better have something compelling this holiday season.

Well they definitely won't have that problem in Japan...But North America? It's going to be a close one...Their holiday is riding on how several key titles turn out...Metroid Prime 2: Echoes is a gimme...Paper Mario 2 is looking like it will turn out great...But if Star Fox turns out to be solid, that would definitely add a little cushion if Resident Evil 4 has been delayed as it appears.

But then again, Nintendo has the Nintendo DS this holiday season...I sense good profits coming from that.

cvxfreak

Mario Party 6, Star Fox and BioHazard 4 seem like the only ones Nintendo of Japan will have this year. Mario Tennis and Fire Emblem would have helped out greatly. I'm going to hope that Nintendo pumps out Donkey Konga 3 by that time, and perhaps Odama.

EDIT: Oh shit, I read the article wrong. FE and MT this year after all.

Pellham

Banned
I really doubt FE will come out this year, it'll probably get delayed.

And the graphics are fine. :p only graphics whores are anal about it.

FE's map graphics look like bland decent Playstation to poor Dreamcast graphics. In battle, they look perfectly fine. I would applaud better graphics, but, after playing Fire Emblem (Rekka no Ken) for GBA, I know that the gameplay should be sublime. I can't wait.

cja

Don't understand the hate for FEGC's graphics, look a bit DC-ish but the image quality is good and you see a lot on screen. Never hear moans of Disgaea's graphics for example and that could have been done on a SNES. Nintendo fans graphics whores? Given the lame sales of Four Swords perhaps. :(
Deg said:
Why is MP6 under wraps? Focus on GBA Mario Party maybe? Connectivity?
The new peripheral.

ge-man

cja said:
Don't understand the hate for FEGC's graphics, look a bit DC-ish but the image quality is good and you see a lot on screen. Never hear moans of Disgaea's graphics for example and that could have been done on a SNES. Nintendo fans graphics whores? Given the lame sales of Four Swords perhaps. :(

The new peripheral.

I don't understand the FE thing either, but I think the gameplay will end most of that talk of poor graphics.

cja

Deg said:
JUST. STOP IT.

I am sick of these fake announcement hype crap.
So when Iwata said Mario Party 6 will be played without a controller at Nintendo's strategy meeting last month how does he expect you to play the game?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
cja said:
So when Iwata said Mario Party 6 will be played without a controller at Nintendo's strategy meeting last month how does he expect you to play the game?

hrd_acc_powerpad_sideb.jpg

Its coming back!!!

Seriously, would it not rock to combine Mario Party and DDR style mini games as well as others of the Track & Field variety? I think it would.

Jungle Beat is 2005 in the US, but it's this year in Japan.

What about the "Manebito Camera" and "Ningen Copy" patents we saw? Could those be what's used in conjunction with Mario Party 6?

Deg

Banned
cja said:

sorry :p

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Kobun Heat said:
What about the "Manebito Camera" and "Ningen Copy" patents we saw? Could those be what's used in conjunction with Mario Party 6?

I'm fairly sure MP6 will be a camera game. This would explain the Iwata comments about "no controller" -and- the consistent rumor that Hal is developing it.

DrLazy

Its coming back!!!

Seriously, would it not rock to combine Mario Party and DDR style mini games as well as others of the Track & Field variety? I think it would.

You sir, are a genius.

Jungle Beat is 2005 in the US, but it's this year in Japan.

Really? You pulling this out of your ass?

That's the word on the street.

Top Bottom