• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Non-criticizable albums??

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
trippingmartian said:
I'd like to say Nevermind, Ok Computer, No Code, The Unauthorized Biography Of Reinhold Messner, God Shuffled His Feet, Breath from Another, Pretty Hate Machine, and 40 Oz. to Freedom, but I don't see them as being unanimously appreciated albums.
That doesn't matter if they're not unanimously appreciated albums. Music is art, and there is not one piece of art that ever has or ever will exist that will be unanimously liked and appreciated. It's all a matter of taste, and how your tastes, character, personality and background determine your reaction to it. Not appreciating or disliking something, however, is a lot different from criticizing something. And I think it is possible for there to be a truly uncriticizable piece of art, although such a thing is extremely rare. But realistically, not just anyone is intelligent enough, learned enough, and has refined enough taste to validly criticize a work of art. Just because a redneck with nothing more than a junior high education "criticizes" a Michaelangelo, a DaVinci, a Mozart, a Radiohead =p, doesn't make it a valid criticism.

Ristamar

MrPing1000 said:
You are not amusing!

icon5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom