• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Non-US residents, post moments you thought "Man I'm living in some 1984-esque shit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmmV

2925103783_59a2063c22_b.jpg

tvl-van.jpg

fusohgo590fdzu3qxgy6.jpg

Additionally, we also have the the Snoopers Charter that potentially gives (many) government agencies the ability to see a persons entire internet history for the past year, and the government actively encourages people to inform on benefit cheats

Its something the UK has a real problem with, and very few people seem to give a shit about

UK here. When our Home Office joined twitter and decided that the best way to utilise this social media tool was to post up photos of riot geared, faceless police dragging terrified people out of their homes in handcuffs and bundling them into the back of vans, along with celebratory captions like 'great results! This foreigner overstayed their welcome!'.

UK here. When our Home Office joined twitter and decided that the best way to utilise this social media tool was to post up photos of riot geared, faceless police dragging terrified people out of their homes in handcuffs and bundling them into the back of vans, along with celebratory captions like 'great results! This foreigner overstayed their welcome!'.
Huh. This I gotta see. I must have completely missed May and her Judges

SomTervo

Additionally, we also have the the Snoopers Charter that potentially gives (many) government agencies the ability to see a persons entire internet history for the past year, and the government actively encourages people to inform on benefit cheats

Its something the UK has a real problem with, and very few people seem to give a shit about

On the plus side, data gathered under the Snooper's Charter is only held by ISPs (not the government in the first instance) and can only be perused by the Govt if there's evidence that the person could be engaged in terrorist activity (IIRC).

But, of course, A) May will probably move that goalpost with a grin in coming years and B) hackers have probably already got access to all of it. ISPs are easy to breach, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom