• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nor'easter expected to hit DC, NYC, Boston Monday night to Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
TOPIC HIJACK:

Husband is driving to New York from Illinois tomorrow, and driving home Tuesday morning.

With the Nor'easter coming in, how dead is he? Should I like, take out some extra life insurance or something? /s

Shop for a new husband on Sunday, when you go to pick up eggs, bread, and liquor.

ag-my001

Dang it, we were so close to not using all our snow days and ending the school year early.

Zelda is my only consolation.

Media

I'm sure he's used to driving in snow being from the Midwest, and the Turnpikes between PA and IL generally know how to keep things clear (been a while since I drove it, I know IN is now privatized so.... yikes). The blizzard type-stuff won't extend very far west (Nor'Easters tend to hug the coast), so if he leaves even late Monday night (right when it's getting started, supposedly) and just grabs a hotel somewhere in PA (let's say, west of Harrisburg to be safe), he should avoid getting stuck in anything blizzard-like.

Just, you know... regular old snow... in the twisting roads in the mountains... yeah, maybe get some extra insurance.

..We are from New Mexico.

OXI8XOf.gif

Shop for a new husband on Sunday, when you go to pick up eggs, bread, and liquor.

There is TOTALLY going to be a run on husbands by then, I might pick up one tonight.

Lo-Volt

12 to 18 inches! I guess that means a lot of Switch and PS4 and Xbox One catch-up time the way they could just give up on subway service these days. Eek.

For New York metro mass transit riders, see also the MTA Winter Weather Travel Guide. Subway service can be modified after a forecast of at least 5 inches and can be suspended after accumulation of 8 inches. Commuter rail can be suspended after forecasts of 8 inches (Metro-North) or accumulation of 10 inches (Long Island Rail Road). Buses? youarealreadydead.jpg

Retro

..We are from New Mexico.

Oh, that's... not good. Yeah, the sooner he can leave the better, but there's going to be snow the whole way he'll be driving, just... not as much. The blizzard stuff will still be mostly along the east coast, which is the stuff he wants to avoid.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
12 to 18 inches! I guess that means a lot of Switch and PS4 and Xbox One catch-up time the way they could just give up on subway service these days. Eek.

For New York metro mass transit riders, see also the MTA Winter Weather Travel Guide. Subway service can be modified after a forecast of at least 5 inches and can be suspended after accumulation of 8 inches. Commuter rail can be suspended after forecasts of 8 inches (Metro-North) or accumulation of 10 inches (Long Island Rail Road). Buses? youarealreadydead.jpg

Added to OP.

Strimei

Fingers crossed that work on Tuesday gets canceled~

This has been such a lame winter, I need at least SOME damn snow.

Pyrokai

I'm in Boston right now and have been all week for a trip to PAX! Good timing on when I'm leaving, which is tomorrow ha ha

Tuber

Minneapolis here.

Can we just get one inch of snow up here this year? Please?

I hope this doesn't count as a form of port begging

Malo

Banned
CUNY schools better be closed on Tuesday. Going to be playing Zelda all day if classes are cancelled.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
CUNY schools better be closed on Tuesday. Going to be playing Zelda all day if classes are cancelled.

twHzlIZ.jpg

Good one. Knowing them, they will keep the schools open and "wait and see" before cancelling classes.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm always hyped for a snow day, then I remember I'll probably have to trek it to my parents house and dig them out before my hard headed late 60s dad with a bad ticker wakes up and does it himself.

MsKrisp

Just stocked up on snacks and good food to cook, come bury me!

They're calling for 10-12" and that's an unusually high amount for us, I'm excited and scared

gryvan

I ordered a snowblower cause fuck shoveling an entire driveway in the middle of fucking March...

I like how amazon already prepared for it too. cause mine will come on Monday but after that its Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom