• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nor'easter expected to hit DC, NYC, Boston Monday night to Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greater Boston. I have a BMW with xDrive and snow tires. Bring the weather on because I love driving in the snow in that thing. I'll drive in a blizzard if I can because snow driving is awesome.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Interesting. Two weeks ago it was in the 60s and 70s F. So expect more of this with climate change in the future?

Did you move from an area that saw much snow? Because if this is your first major snowstorm, you might wanna up look some tips.

twHzlIZ.jpg

Good one. Knowing them, they will keep the schools open and "wait and see" before cancelling classes.

This is true :(

Surely, you jest.

It's CUNY.
Why everyone keep saying this? My expletive has been classes being canceled for heavy snow.

Fuchsdh

Do you have a car too?

I'd be fine with snow in the city if I didn't need to deal with parking bans and shoveling my car out.

Yep. Having a car is great in that you're not shackled to the subway and there's a heck of a lot of New York that isn't easily accessible by public transportation. Not so great that you have to move your car four times a week for street cleaning and digging your car out is a pain.

NWS probabilistic model from the office 20 miles away has me in a likely scenario of 6-8", but a worst case scenario of 14". Fuck me.

17202819_1366641003393682_852238277192291584_n.jpg

Right now my area is expected to get between 12 inches and 20 inches.

Yeah. I'm basically on that line that runs through western central PA where it's basically nothing on one side and over a foot on the other.

Sanjuro

I took time off work for PAX. While normally fuck snow, this will give me an impromptu eight day vacation.

🤔

My boss lives about 1 mile away from me.
After the snowstorm 2 years ago (or last year, can't remember) I sent him a text saying "Impossible to take my car out. Can't get to work"

He then texts my back saying: "Want a ride?".
He has a Jeep Wrangler that passes over everything. Oh my luck...

Oxn

My boss lives about 1 mile away from me.
After the snowstorm 2 years ago (or last year, can't remember) I sent him a text saying "Impossible to take my car out. Can't get to work"

He then texts my back saying: "Want a ride?".
He has a Jeep Wrangler that passes over everything. Oh my luck...

You got owned son.

Don't buy the climate change in DC area for this storm. I recall even as a kid big March storms followed by fast melt offs and high temperature. Some even caused flooding with another freeze soon after. Nothing new really.

I don't recall the trees blooming in February though...haha.

tbm24

Fully expecting my job to ask me to hike through the snow to downtown manhattan despite's 90% of the employees are going to be working from home...

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
What the fuck? Where did this thing come from. I was in shorts and a T shirt last week and now it looks like i'm set to get over a foot where I live maybe even more if the storm shifts at all Eastward! Oh well they opened a brand new large nice movie theater down the road from me. Might just hike there if its that bad and watch some new movies all day, haven't seen Logan yet.

is it normal to have a blizzard mid-march around these parts? im still new to the CT area

Very common to expect one final snow storm in march in the northeast, living here my whole life, whenever it gets really nice and warm out in feb and march know not to be fooled. Winters not over until the calendar reads april

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
This is evidence that global warming is made up, right?

Linkura

Very common to expect one final snow storm in march in the northeast, living here my whole life, whenever it gets really nice and warm out in feb and march know not to be fooled. Winters not over until the calendar reads april
More like May. There's been some bullshit storms in early April too.

12-18" predicted here. Whatever.

Sometimes, not even then. I remember getting 6" of snow during finals one time at the end of April.

Sometimes, not even then. I remember getting 6" of snow during finals one time at the end of April.

Yah i was gonna write april15th, but i couldnt remember an exact instance though i was sure we got snow in early april before. Oh well thats way more rare than the typical march snow

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
2017: A Tale of Winter's Vengeance.

Philly looks like we'll get hit with some significant stuff as well. For the best, it's always good to get at least one major snow every year. I hate working from home though. HATE IT!

br3wnor

How accurate is that chart? Looks like 11 inches where I'll be. Oh well. Hopefully my uni will close for a day or two

I dunno because on Long Island the local reporting is saying at least 12+ inches but that chart shows 4? Unless I'm reading it wrong.

dbztrk

I'm on vacation this week. Thankfully it is a staycation. I work for a college, so if the college closes, I get to keep the vacation days for whatever days the college is closed. :D

Yah i was gonna write april15th, but i couldnt remember an exact instance though i was sure we got snow in early april before. Oh well thats way more rare than the typical march snow

Very rare for something like that to happen, but it'll be rolling around in the back of my head anytime I think we've made it through winter for the rest of my life.

Generally, you're correct based on my life experiences. You get to April and it's pretty much done.

Maxim726X

I dunno because on Long Island the local reporting is saying at least 12+ inches but that chart shows 4? Unless I'm reading it wrong.

Yeah, as a Strong Islander I too am confused.

Depending on where you go, the estimates are different. I'm expecting about a foot. Either way, I'm probably not going to work on Tuesday.

Pau

I'm supposed to be getting the keys to our new apartment on Tuesday. ;-; Otherwise I'm down with staying home from work to play Zelda.

Big snow storms always excite me, even though I have to commute into the city for work.

I have a big sales conference Wed-Fri at work with a lot of reps flying in from all over the country. It might be a disaster, haha. Interested to see how this plays out...

Looking at 12-18 for me. Not happy, was done with winter. Even this recent arctic air has been terrible. Last two weeks we've hit the 50s mid week, to be followed up by near zero on the weekend. Really wanted to break out my bike.

Not excited for the snwo this week... Taking Thurs & Fri off and have a lot to get done, and so having Tuesday be fucked up for snow is gonna be annoying.

is it normal to have a blizzard mid-march around these parts? im still new to the CT area

Pretty common. We're usually good for one serious snow storm in March. My most memorable snow storm was the April 1st one... 10-15 years ago, where we got 2 feet of snow throughout Massachusetts, and then it was 65 degrees that weekend. Remember going sledding in shorts and a tshirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom