• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Carolina GOP headquarters firebombed | Investigation underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying Trump is a representation of all republicans? lol

I agree, Trump is garbage. Hillary is no better. It's funny how liberals act so welcoming and tolerant to everyone else... unless of course you disagree with them, then there's a problem. I should cut it short there, as the primary views of this board is in line with what I mostly disagree with.
Why ain't you tolerant of my intolerance? If you don't shut up about this PC crap I'll sue!

I agree, Trump is garbage. Hillary is no better. It's funny how liberals act so welcoming and tolerant to everyone else... unless of course you disagree with them, then there's a problem. I should cut it short there, as the primary views of this board is in line with what I mostly disagree with.

That this racist asshole and a good chunk of his followers are trash? Well, yeah. You should probably head somewhere that believes voter fraud is running rampant in inner cities while they eat steak and lobster off your tax dollars. Be safe out there, patriot..o7

JP_

Banned

You're confusing "disagree" with "reject racism/bigotry"

rjinaz

You can talk about the parties, their members, their supporters -but Hillary as an individual is much much better than Trump the individual.

Nah Hillary is racist, sexist, is threatening to shut down the media, is accusing Trump of doing drugs, is saying the election is rigged, and is sexually assaulting women.

She really is "no better".

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

"Liberals" which is to say, everyone who isn't a nationalistic bigot or fringe zealot, understand that the one thing that can't be tolerated is intolerance itself. That's not in any way a form of hypocrisy.

Intolerant bigots who have labeled themselves brave, conservative protectors of The Way Things Ought to Be, like to jab their finger and cry hypocrisy when people call them on their bullshit. Hence the rise of "you liberals say you tolerate everyone except those who disagree with you!"

And yes, Trump is a representative of Movement Republicans - they made him their representative when they put his name on their stage in giant golden letters. They sold their soul and last shred of intellectual integrity in the name of their party grabbing for power and holding it regardless of the cost. It's just that Movement Republicans currently represent the core of the GOP and its top officials, and have spent decades forcing everyone who isn't one of them to the sidelines.

"Liberals" which is to say, everyone who isn't a nationalistic bigot or fringe zealot, understand that the one thing that can't be tolerated is intolerance itself. That's not in any way a form of hypocrisy.

Intolerant bigots who have labeled themselves brave, conservative protectors of The Way Things Ought to Be, like to jab their finger and cry hypocrisy when people call them on their bullshit. Hence the rise of "you liberals say you tolerate everyone except those who disagree with you!"

And yes, Trump is a representative of Movement Republicans - those who have sold their soul and last shred of intellectual integrity in the name of their party grabbing for power and holding it regardless of the cost. It's just that Movement Republicans currently represent the core of the GOP, its top officials, and have spent decades forcing everyone who isn't one of them to the sidelines.
Don't forget "the real racists are the ones trying to divide us by always talking about race! I think ALL lives matter!"

You can talk about the parties, their members, their supporters -but Hillary as an individual is much much better than Trump the individual.

I'm so tired of people saying that Hillary is no better. She is far and away better than Trump. People keep spreading this mess like it's factual. Saying that they are equally bad is a pile of horse crap. Hillary is a liar? Go to a facts checker to see who lies the most.

Edit: The guy is freaking garbage.

Amir0x

Banned

Being tolerant of people is not the same thing as agreeing with their viewpoints or letting nonsense stand during disagreements.

You are already winner of the false equivelancy olympics by saying Hillary is no better. You cant get angry when people call you out of your self-evident bullshit. Saying a racist, bigoted, xenophobic, authoritarian sexual predator narcissist is equivalent to someone with an extensive public record of helping the disenfranchised - from minorities to children - is laughable at best, embarrassing for you and anyone related to you at worst.

But sure i mean mishandling emails with some classified info and being unable to prevent benghazi is equal to threatening to throw your opponent in jail like this is a fucking banana republic, accusing her of taking drugs, saying you will commit war crimes, saying you wish to break the constitution on free speech and separation of church and state, and your campaign having demonstrable links to the Russian government and fondling 500 women against their will is equal to the woman who helped families and first responders of 9/11 and got children health care. The same as a man who falsely claimed to give money to charity for 9/11. Whose charity is legitimately fraudulent, not just pretend so.

Good job, you are an intellectual giant.

I'm so tired of people saying that Hillary is no better. She is far and away better than Trump. People keep spreading this mess like it's factual. Saying that they are equally bad is a pile of horse crap. Hillary is a liar? Go to a facts checker to see who lies the most.
Fact Checkers are run by the dishonest media though. Of course they won't say she lies, they're rigging the election for her.

Oh, come on, we were just about to have some fun. :(

oh no i don't agree with white supremacists! maybe I'm the real bigot!

also please dont give money to the ncgop. no one was injured and they have insurance.

Fact Checkers are run by the dishonest media though. Of course they won't say she lies, they're rigging the election for her.

You know, I would like to think that they can look through this notion and see the real data. But sadly, you are correct. They will say that it's the liberal media and outlets bad mouthing Trump, even though for the entire campaign, they have been using Trump clips to show that he actual said those things. It's fascinating how the human brain works when you want to believe something is false, but the truth has been presented to you in many different ways.

Nobody should be tolerant of fascism.

don't even wanna know what those views are yikes yikes yikes

This definitely helps Trump.

It also increases the likelihood of more gun-wielding vigilante types showing up outside of campaign headquarters and voting stations.

Just a really stupid thing to do.

rjinaz

This definitely helps Trump.

It also increases the likelihood of more gun-wielding vigilante types showing up outside of campaign headquarters and voting stations.

Just a really stupid thing to do.

I'm not so sure it does help Trump. I mean he may mention it at a rally and I'm sure his surrogates will talk about it as some kind of high ground, but it's not going to sway voters.

I mean I completely agree with you. This was done by a criminal and will end up having the opposite effect.

I just question if it will have an actual effect. I hope they catch these people. Write it on a sign and protest outside their building, not this. This here is nuts and they are lucky people aren't dead.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
oh jfc why are people donating money to help out with this. They had insurance money. They had campaign funds. They're fucking fine. The money will go towards helping the hateful NC GOP agenda

Consider donating to either of these instead

translifeline.org/donate/

transgenderlawcenter.org/donate

Monocle

And yes, Trump is a representative of Movement Republicans - they made him their representative when they put his name on their stage in giant golden letters. They sold their soul and last shred of intellectual integrity in the name of their party grabbing for power and holding it regardless of the cost. It's just that Movement Republicans currently represent the core of the GOP and its top officials, and have spent decades forcing everyone who isn't one of them to the sidelines.
Being tolerant of people is not the same thing as agreeing with their viewpoints or letting nonsense stand during disagreements.

You are already winner of the false equivelancy olympics by saying Hillary is no better. You cant get angry when people call you out of your self-evident bullshit. Saying a racist, bigoted, xenophobic, authoritarian sexual predator narcissist is equivalent to someone with an extensive public record of helping the disenfranchised - from minorities to children - is laughable at best, embarrassing for you and anyone related to you at worst.

But sure i mean mishandling emails with some classified info and being unable to prevent benghazi is equal to threatening to throw your opponent in jail like this is a fucking banana republic, accusing her of taking drugs, saying you will commit war crimes, saying you wish to break the constitution on free speech and separation of church and state, and your campaign having demonstrable links to the Russian government and fondling 500 women against their will is equal to the woman who helped families and first responders of 9/11 and got children health care. The same as a man who falsely claimed to give money to charity for 9/11. Whose charity is legitimately fraudulent, not just pretend so.

Good job, you are an intellectual giant.
Thank you. Jesus fucking Christ.

Candidate 1

Cu7KigOUMAASRQz.jpg

Candidate 2

Cu7Kil0UAAABygv.jpg

Please vote rationally.

Typical.

-Hillary offers sympathy and condemns the attack.

-Trump just assumes it's a Hillary supporter's fault and doesn't offer any condolences or well-wishes. In fact, he decides to gloat about winning at the polls at the end. (which is a lie).

rjinaz

He's long gone..or he just ain't gonna respond.

I just don't understand these people. Regulars on GAF, they post daily in political threads. Trump is extreme as you can get, and yet, they still learn nothing and stick with the right-wing talking points. It's like they completely shut off any chance for intellectual gain. That or they fancy themselves as a victim and are too busy playing the defense to do any actual thinking.

If Trump can't get them to rethink their positions, I fear nothing will. You are Trump. Trump is you.

User1608

Banned
Human decency is prevailing I think.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/301270-dems-launch-campaign-to-raise-money-for-firebombed-gop-office
Democrats have launched a GoFundMe campaign to raise $10,000 to help reopen a firebombed Republican county office in North Carolina.

“As Democrats, we are starting this campaign to enable the Orange County, North Carolina Republican office to reopen as soon as possible,” the page says.
-
Just four hours after the donation page launched, almost $8,500 had been raised.

How awesome is that?!

Palpable

He's long gone..or he just ain't gonna respond.

I had to give you all some time to respond. Assumptions are running rampant and responses are predictable. The "If you're not with me, you're against me" mentality is strong. It just proves my point. I do not like either candidate. It isn't a contest of who's shittier, it should be about the future of the country. Neither are good for us imo. My views run right up the middle. Both parties have takeaways I agree & disagree with. The far left is just as foolish as the far right. But most of you have proven my point anyway. I rarely dip into these threads anyway. It's normally the same old spew :(

rjinaz

I had to give you all some time to respond. Assumptions are running rampant and responses are predictable. The "If you're not with me, you're against me" mentality is strong. It just proves my point. I do not like either candidate. It isn't a contest of who's shittier, it should be about the future of the country. Neither are good for us imo. My views run right up the middle. Both parties have takeaways I agree & disagree with. The far left is just as foolish as the far right. But most of you have proven my point anyway. I rarely dip into these threads anyway. It's normally the same old spew :(

I prefer the future of my country to be less fascism. Don't know about you though.

Can you please explain how this country gets worse with Hillary at the helm for 4-8 years? More taxes for you I guess? More individual rights? Is she going to reveal herself to be a demon? Going to sell info to the Russians?

Like what is it that you think will happen that neither are good for the country and both are trash?

I feel I need to point out that the same was said about Obama from your side, and yet this country is doing pretty well. Unemployment rate is in half.

Slayven

That is mentally lazy. Trump is a racist, predator of women. and just general bigot who wants to normalized such things.

How does Hilalry equal that?

Things like this is why I can't take people like you seriously. Only one party doesn't give a damn about actually governing our country(unless it's their way) and went as far as shutting down the government. Costing us billions of dollars for absolutely nothing. Of course that was only a couple of years ago so it's out of everyone's minds and thus "both sides are the same".

We get the government we deserve.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Congratulations. One of the most vacuous and intellectually bereft posts on a forum with passionate Sonic arguments. Its stupidity is matched only by its confident arrogance and complete lack of actual comprehension of - or more likely what you think is deft avoidance of responsibility for false equivalence.

I genuinely hope you're twelve.

User1608

Banned
Hillary is not demonizing immigrants, and muslims. She supports the lgbt community. She has plans for criminal justice reform. She has the right temperament to be president and so much more. That's not to say she's perfect, she's far from it.

Meanwhile Donald Trump has this list of awful.:

https://m.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrumpSpam/comments/4teoxl/a_final_response_to_the_tell_me_why_trump_is_a/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Please get some perspective. It is highly insulting for those of us who have seen some shit and have felt what Donald J. Trump is saying.

rjinaz

If you honestly think that Hillary is just as bad as Trump, then they really don't. It's an incredibly lazy position to have, and no matter how much you kid yourself, it doesn't make you above it all.

There really seems to be a popular opinion, especially with younger folks like myself, that if you don't pick a side it some how makes you intellectually superior. I don't get it. My Brother is the same way. Me? I think it conveniently allows them to only participate in certain discussions and distance themselves from the bad side of the party they secretly favor and gives them an easy out card if they say something that crosses a line.

Slayven

The difference between the Far Left and Far Right, is the Far Left is stuck hanging with Jill Stein who polls behind Deez Nuts and a dead gorilla.

But the Far Right is now leading a major political party.

Harpuia

My dude, how is Hillary worse? I struggle to understand people who claim both candidates are just as bad as each other, when reality suggests otherwise. One attempted to talk about policy during the last debate, the other guy actively threatened to throw his opponent into jail should he win the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom