• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Carolina GOP headquarters firebombed | Investigation underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
Candidate 1

Cu7KigOUMAASRQz.jpg

Candidate 2

Cu7Kil0UAAABygv.jpg

Please vote rationally.

I'm surprised he didn't get an "I told you so" somewhere in there.

Corto

Hope the perpetrators get caught quickly. The campaign is already crazy enough without violence of this magnitude.

Krash

Neo Member
While I'm not saying anything for certain (there are violent crazy lefties out there, to be sure), this seems eerily similar to something that's happened before....

Really glad nobody was hurt it seems. Such a pointless and stupid thing to do. It'll only further entrench these people in their hateful misguided views.

About as hateful as those firebombing offices because of their politics. How anti democratic and intolerant.

HariKari

Not a lot of incentive for a Hillary supporter(s) to do this with her up in the polls. A good amount of incentive for someone trying to build a narrative, however.

Not a lot of incentive for a Hillary supporter(s) to do this with her up in the polls. A good amount of incentive for someone trying to build a narrative, however.

Good point. That's why I think anyone with a brain will wait until the culprit/s are caught to make any judgement.

HariKari

Good point. That's why I think anyone with a brain will wait until the culprit/s are caught to make any judgement.

You're assuming someone who would do this is a rational thinker.

Well, yeah. People are stupid, so there's always that. But we shouldn't pretend like there's zero historical precedent for this sort of thing. It's very possible a proper investigation won't be completed before the election.

As I said in another thread, if you're so far left that you would resort to acts like this, you're probably also very likely to hate Clinton as a corrupt shill.

Well, yeah. People are stupid, so there's always that. But we shouldn't pretend like there's zero historical precedent for this sort of thing. It's very possible a proper investigation won't be completed before the election.

Agreed. My complaint is not about Gaf. My complaint is about Trump for spewing information that no one knows yet. Given his public position, to blame a Hillary supporter and not show sympathy first and foremost leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

He will do anything to get a rise out of his followers.

Sure, I just think it's irresponsible to call something a false flag like it's unheard of for someone with leftist ideals to throw molotvs at political targets or partake in general violence. We deride the right when they immediately conclude that an incident was perpetrated by a Muslim when it looks like apparent terrorism, and we also rightfully scoff when they're quick to call things that paint "their side" in a negative light false flags, so why are we jumping to conclusions here when it's likely that it's not a false flag?

Red

Expect more violence and vandalism as the election approaches. This is the most an election has driven into American cultural rifts in decades.

USC-fan

Banned
it one thing to tear down trump signs or yell at people for wearing trump hats, this is just insane and way too far.

It makes trump people look like the sane ones.

Please don't do things like this people.

Expect more violence and vandalism as the election approaches. This is the most an election has driven into American cultural rifts in decades.
The biggest of waves has yet to hit. Once folks start figuring things out or not at all. But one thing is clear the american narrative is more then a little shacken. Maybe even surpised and confused.

mugwhump

Yeah I'm not entertaining the false flag conspiracy narrative until we get some evidence. That would be going full Trump.

HariKari

Sure, I just think it's irresponsible to call something a false flag like it's unheard of for someone with leftist ideals to throw molotvs at political targets or partake in general violence. We deride the right when they immediately conclude that an incident was perpetrated by a Muslim when it looks like apparent terrorism, and we also rightfully scoff when they're quick to call things that paint "their side" in a negative light false flags, so why are we jumping to conclusions here when it's likely that it's not a false flag?

It's entirely possible some far left bitter nutso did this. Maybe as a genuine attack on Trump. Maybe as a way to spite Hillary. We're probably not going to know before the election, so it's best to just be mindful of who stands to gain the most from this, which is obviously Trump. We've seen a good amount of violence at his rallies and a lot less at Hillary's, as far as I'm aware. He also immediately politicized the event, so I don't see anything wrong with pointing out the alternative to the narrative he is trying to create. I'm not going to assume what he is saying is true, just as nobody should assume this behavior is somehow beyond the left.

It's sad that this has happened. Also sad that it's not likely to be the end of it.

commedieu

Banned
it one thing to tear down trump signs or yell at people for wearing trump hats, this is just insane and way too far.

It makes trump people look like the sane ones.

Please don't do things like this people.

Wait so it was a pack of Hillary supporters that did this?!?!?

Confirmed???!!!21

Yeah I'm not entertaining the false flag conspiracy narrative until we get some evidence. That would be going full Trump.
Yeah, calling it a "false flag" doesn't really even make sense at all to begin with right now since there's no "flag" or claim of responsibility for the attack to begin with here.

In any case, it doesn't matter at all. It's wrong no matter who's responsible. Glad no one was hurt.

FuturusX

why are you posting about sovereign citizen? That doesnt have anything to do with the election.

If you like to see something funny go to youtube and watch some video on these guys.

Perhaps because they like Trump? I didn't check the link, but that's my guess.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'd be suspicious simply because most NC dems don't have the typical mob mentality or are they accustomed to employing scare tactics.

But this is Orange County and I wouldn't put past either some UNC or Duke students to do this because they were bored, hate Trump or want to fight the system or whatever. Glad nobody was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom