• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
mcfrCNb.jpg

not sure if bulking

Was kind of expecting a Ziggler turn but that might be too smart for creative, the Ryback turn is fucking ridiculous and pointless, oh well, he cuts good promos so he'll be fun no matter what he does, but this feeding guys to Cena is bullshit

I'm also going to laugh is Rusev US Championship ends with Cena beating him, always assumed this was what Ryback was being set up for.

Aiii

So not worth it
Will WWE crowds ever stop chanting CM Punk's name?

What will it take for them to forget about him?

Nothing really, he was the most over guy on the roster by far, besides Cena, and left with shit undone (not that he would have ever been allowed to get over past Cena, but there you go), they'll always have that what-if hanging over them.

I don't know if this subject was mentioned in past wrasslegaf threads, but does anyone here actually considered pursuing a career in the pro-wrestling industry?

Just saw that Rumble is in Philly this year

Wonder how the crowd will react if Reigns wins
which we can all agree he pretty much will

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if this subject was mentioned in past wrasslegaf threads, but does anyone here actually considered pursuing a career in the pro-wrestling industry?

We have some here that do, in different roles. We have a couple wrasslers and there's BronsonLee who watches CZW shows at ringside

Watched the Masaaki Mochizuki produced Dragon Gate show from 2007 that has that infamous Tozawa/Dino match and I thought I'd upgrade the GIF;

AFbj5Fl.gif

No need to thank me.

We have some here that do, in different roles. We have a couple wrasslers and there's BronsonLee who watches CZW shows at ringside

I see. Well, obviously, originally, I wanted to be a prowrestler, but didn't find the time to do so, later I wanted to be a ref. Then I just dumped that whole career path altogether.

Kaladin

Nothing really, he was the most over guy on the roster by far, besides Cena, and left with shit undone (not that he would have ever been allowed to get over past Cena, but there you go), they'll always have that what-if hanging over them.

CM Punk was great, he had the poise to be one of the greatest of all time.

But he left. He took his ball and went home. I think he's even proclaimed that he's done with wrestling, it's not just a stretch of being inactive.

Yet fans don't want to let go. I get it, to a point, but still....if the guy is done, let him be done.

Aiii

So not worth it

But he left. He took his ball and went home. I think he's even proclaimed that he's done with wrestling, it's not just a stretch of being inactive.

Yet fans don't want to let go. I get it, to a point, but still....if the guy is done, let him be done.

I agree, he left on his own and doesn't want to come back, so just let it go. Latch on to a new person, whatever.

Kaladin

I agree, he left on his own and doesn't want to come back, so just let it go. Latch on to a new person, whatever.

Plenty of people on the roster now who deserve that kind of backing. Ambrose, Rollins, Cesaro and even if it's not one of them, there is an even better class about to be coming out of NXT.

Fox318

I think it had more to do with the way he left and the company has a lack of stars and vision right now.

His last show was a rumble where the company thought Orton vs Batista is what the crowd wanted.

Punk is leaving with his health and is leaving the insane travel requirements behind.

Plus I'm sure Punk got shit of the people writing the show and looked in the mirror and said fuck it I'm done with this shit.

Kaladin

I feel like at this point that I'm hoping against hope for a D-Bry return, but if that ever happens, he will be huge.

All this time away will make a big comeback even bigger.

Fox318

Plenty of people on the roster now who deserve that kind of backing. Ambrose, Rollins, Cesaro and even if it's not one of them, there is an even better class about to be coming out of NXT.

Ambrose couldn't even get a win in a main event match, Rollins is only promoted so that Kane can keep getting paid for DQ finishes, and Cesaro despite putting on some of the best matches is left to lose every week because the company doesn't like the fact that he has an accent.

Fox318

I feel like at this point that I'm hoping against hope for a D-Bry return, but if that ever happens, he will be huge.

All this time away will make a big comeback even bigger.

But will they even do the right things with him?

I can see them setting him up for a Cena feud and them pushing Cena for another rivalries DVD and Cena merchandise.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fatass gamers think there's a conspiracy against their system of choice, what else is new

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I also do bolieve that D-Bry had his part in CM Punk deciding to pack it in.

Sure, he'd never replace John Cena as top dog of the company barring something unlikely happening, but then to be under another "indie darling" was just too much for him to handle.

That and Kane's abs.

Top Bottom