• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

I also do bolieve that D-Bry had his part in CM Punk deciding to pack it in.

Sure, he'd never replace John Cena as top dog of the company barring something unlikely happening, but then to be under another "indie darling" was just too much for him to handle.

That and Kane's abs.
In Punk's last public appearance with WWE at Wizard World, he said he felt it was the year of Daniel Bryan, and the crowd cheered. If anything, Punk saw through the bullshit happening to Bryan around Rumble time.

Kaladin

But will they even do the right things with him?

I can see them setting him up for a Cena feud and them pushing Cena for another rivalries DVD and Cena merchandise.

I can see D-Bry being the guy that replaces Cena. Cena ain't got long left friends. He's nearing his 40's and he's no Ric Flair. He will retire sometime in the next 5 years, especially if he wants to go into movies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fave Five Console Warrior Fanbase Conspiracies

5. GCN not getting a bunch of later PS2/XBOX games. "Small discs" "low sales"
4. Vita not getting the popular games like Monster Hunter because "Nintendo bought them off."
3. Wii U's "unprecedented partnership" with EA. Hey let's port ME3 for Wii U the same month we release ALL THREE GAMES for PS360. Both at the same price.
2. PS3's lifelong superior hardware/inferior version fiasco. That and all the fanboys being salty over losing exclusivity and then angry when the 360 version ended up being better.
1. The Dreamcast. Talk about a fanbase that just won't shut up about C-O-N-Spiracys holding them down. Yeah, EA played hardball with them. Yeah. Some PS2 launch titles looked worse than your best games. Doesn't mean the DC wasn't a doomed system from the start that only really lasted 2 1/2 years.

jmdajr

BlackandwhiteFrighteningIrukandjijellyfish.gif

giphy.gif

Anth0ny

CM Punk was great, he had the poise to be one of the greatest of all time.

But he left. He took his ball and went home. I think he's even proclaimed that he's done with wrestling, it's not just a stretch of being inactive.

Yet fans don't want to let go. I get it, to a point, but still....if the guy is done, let him be done.

Him leaving just adds to his character and mystique. His biggest moment was him sitting down at the top of that ramp and basically saying "fuck the system".

Then he actually said "fuck the system" and left. You couldn't have written out the character any better, honestly.

Raw64life

So Ryback comes back as a face for 3 weeks, is actually kind of getting over with barely any Goldberg chants,
and then immediately turns heel. Although I'm sure it got a face reaction with the UK crowd, still really stupid

Is the WiiU version looking alright? I honestly haven't been following much of that stuff, I prefer to just play shit when it comes out and judge later.

I have to assume you're joking about the Wii U version but I just meant in general with the "poor me, poor Nintendo" and it never being Nintendo's fault about anything, especially third party games and sales. Anything interesting about their current situation goes flying out the window with them and it all boils down to large companies holding vendettas against Nintendo and the entirety of Nintendo console owners knowing that the frame rate is slightly lower on that version or that local multiplayer isn't featured.

somedevil

Wait,
Ryback turned heel?

He was starting to get over again too. So much for that.

Its a
double swerve. Swagger started on Cena's team and now is out. So Ryback is going to join Cena's team.

My guess for Team's after this Raw:

Authority:
Rollins, Kane, Rusev, Henry
Cena:
Cena, Ziggler, Sheamus, Ryback, Big Show

Authority needs 1 more member

Him leaving just adds to his character and mystique. His biggest moment was him sitting down at the top of that ramp and basically saying "fuck the system".

Then he actually said "fuck the system" and left. You couldn't have written out the character any better, honestly.
Aw shit, now everyone believes again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have to assume you're joking about the Wii U version but I just meant in general with the "poor me, poor Nintendo" and it never being Nintendo's fault about anything, especially third party games and sales. Anything interesting about their current situation goes flying out the window with them and it all boils down to large companies holding vendettas against Nintendo and the entirety of Nintendo console owners knowing that the frame rate is slightly lower on that version or that local multiplayer isn't featured.

Does it look that bad? I don't expect parity with the more powerful systems, but...

Kaladin

Its a
double swerve. Swagger started on Cena's team and now is out. So Ryback is going to join Cena's team.

Authority:
Cena:
Cena, Ziggler, Sheamus, Ryback

Each need 1 more member

That's a main event match on a free PPV if I ever saw one.

Fox318

I can see D-Bry being the guy that replaces Cena. Cena ain't got long left friends. He's nearing his 40's and he's no Ric Flair. He will retire sometime in the next 5 years, especially if he wants to go into movies.

Cena has plenty of friends. You see them in the stands with their U Can't See Me hats.

All Cena has to do is go to management and say if you depush me you push away those fans.

Cena could go to Nick and Cartoon network and work on something with them.

Imagine if Cena has a 8:00 monday night show on a kids channel. How many views does raw lose? Half of the audience he targets is asleep by 9 anyway and no adult is going to continue watching the GrumpyCat Sports entertainment show starring Big Show and Kane when they could watch football or go on youtube and watch old screensavers.

I fucking hate marking spoilers

I would howl laughing if Cena and HHH are trying to argue for Ryback, and accepts Cena's offer by hitting him with a spinebuster

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I always want to post that Rollinscrawl.jiff but I can't get a host to do it right by the time it'd be relevant, so I go with a smaller jiff from elsewhere for my point
iOeNyx59S3bSX.gif

Its a

Authority:
Cena:
Cena, Ziggler, Sheamus, Ryback, Big Show

Authority needs 1 more member

Big Show
:kornheiserwhy

jmdajr

Fave Five Console Warrior Fanbase Conspiracies

5. GCN not getting a bunch of later PS2/XBOX games. "Small discs" "low sales"
4. Vita not getting the popular games like Monster Hunter because "Nintendo bought them off."
3. Wii U's "unprecedented partnership" with EA. Hey let's port ME3 for Wii U the same month we release ALL THREE GAMES for PS360. Both at the same price.
2. PS3's lifelong superior hardware/inferior version fiasco. That and all the fanboys being salty over losing exclusivity and then angry when the 360 version ended up being better.
1. The Dreamcast. Talk about a fanbase that just won't shut up about C-O-N-Spiracys holding them down. Yeah, EA played hardball with them. Yeah. Some PS2 launch titles looked worse than your best games. Doesn't mean the DC wasn't a doomed system from the start that only really lasted 2 1/2 years.

5. It was a purple purse. Obviously it was not getting games.
4. Bad time for mobil game relevancy, especially with proprietary memory sticks and no strong portable franchises.
3. These games don't sell on WiiU.
2. Hardware has always been inferior for 3rd pary games, but PS+ made me forget.
1. Well EA did fuck them over. It was a great two years though.

Hasney

If the rumors are true, EA were really going to back Wii U when they allegedly were going to make the Nintendo Network for them and basically make it Origin.

Then Nintendo backed out and EA couldn't give 2 shits.

Fox318

5. It was a purple purse. Obviously it was not getting games.
4. Bad time for mobil game relevancy, especially with proprietary memory sticks and no strong portable franchises.
3. These games don't sell on WiiU.
2. Hardware has always been inferior for 3rd pary games, but PS+ made me forget.
1. Well EA did fuck them over. It was a great two years though.

What games do sell on the Wii U?

Its really just Mario and Zelda.

jmdajr

I don't know why anybody would own a Nintendo system these days for 3rd party multi-pat games. Xenoblade, Bayonetta are basically 1st party at this point.

I still remember getting a GC specifically for exclusive Capcom games. Well that was silly.
No need for me to have spent that $150 Nintendo tax to play it on a deformed controller. Oh well..at the time I didn't know.

jmdajr

Yup. Only reason I would and would not buy one. Like I don't really care to play them, yet if I bough it, it would be to play them. Sound silly right? But that's the deal.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't know why anybody would own a Nintendo system these days for 3rd party multi-pat games. Xenoblade, Bayonetta are basically 1st party at this point.

I still remember getting a GC specifically for exclusive Capcom games. Well that was silly.
No need for me to have spent that $150 Nintendo tax to play it on a a deformed controller. Oh well..at the time I didn't know.

GCN for Capcom "Exclusives" is still a good deal.

You got: The better version of RE4. The only version of RE Zero. ReMAKE, the best classic game. Gotcha Force, a underrated classic. PN 03, best versions of both Viewtiful games, Killer 7.

Nintendo games. That's the only audience they've put work in to cultivating and that's the only audience that sticks with them from generation to generation. Sony, Microsoft, and Sega all worked to make their console appealing to fans of multiple different genres by creating games in multiple genres that all look very distinct from one another.

Nintendo banks on their established characters and extremely similar art styles. They realize people who like Mario are more likely to buy a Mario spinoff then a new IP but seem to not understand that the large amount of people turned off by Mario and the like are now unwilling to buy two games on your console. When the consoles library is primarily those types of games you have a box that is unappealing to a seemingly growing number of people.

No need for me to have spent that Nintendo tax to play it on a a deformed controller. Oh well..at the time I didn't know.
So many fightin words in this thread this month.

jmdajr

GCN for Capcom "Exclusives" is still a good deal.

You got: The better version of RE4. The only version of RE Zero. ReMAKE, the best classic game. Gotcha Force, a underrated classic. PN 03, best versions of both Viewtiful games, Killer 7.

Well at least I supported Capcom I guess.

jmdajr

Nintendo games. That's the only audience they've put work in to cultivating and that's the only audience that sticks with them from generation to generation. Sony, Microsoft, and Sega all worked to make their console appealing to fans of multiple different genres by creating games in multiple genres that all look very distinct from one another.

Nintendo banks on their established characters and extremely similar art styles. They realize people who like Mario are more likely to buy a Mario spinoff then a new IP but seem to not understand that the large amount of people turned off by Mario and the like are now unwilling to buy two games on your console. When the consoles library is primarily those types of games you have a box that is unappealing to a seemingly growing number of people.

It's true. My daughter is 2 now but I think when she turns 4 I might get a 199.99/150.00 WiiU and we can enjoy baby games together. It will be fun.

See this Off-Topic stuff is fine, why can't Steam Community understand the difference between good off-topic and shit off-topic.

I had a Gamecube, I got the Zelda one. Seemingly that freaking Zelda game with the promo disk with the other Zelda games is worth a bit of money now. Sold all Gamecube stuff for £40 to get a 360.

ffs.

jmdajr

Wavebird was a good idea. Obviously someone took that idea and actually made a fantastic version of it. Wireless 360 controller is truly godlike.

Top Bottom