• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who does it benefit though? I'd really like to know how much crossover appeal the WWE has, and how many new fans this crap has created.

Benefits the marketing department, gives them bullet points, and more. It's not one of those things that has a tangible "it brought X amount in" points - but it's more like investing in popular culture, no matter how despicable it may seem.

Benefits the marketing department, gives them bullet points, and more. It's not one of those things that has a tangible "it brought X amount in" points - but it's more like investing in popular culture, no matter how despicable it may seem.

Shows WWE's status if that's what people believe. Once WWE WAS popular culture, now it's trying it's best to grab on to it.

CM Punk: Oh, I think, my original pitch to Axel Alonso in 2011 was, “Let me write Punisher.” In my mind, for some odd reason, I’ve just got this Punisher story in my head, and I think it’s super, super awesome. I can read Jason Aaron’s Punisher and everybody else’s [take on the] character and it’s good, but I think that my Punisher story is pretty badass. So everything I do for Marvel is going to be leading up to, “Please just let me write my Punisher story.” So until they let me do that, you’re gonna get all kinds of other stories about all kinds of other characters until they satisfy this need I have to write Frank Castle.

What's fuckin stoppin ya, Marvel? I'd read the shit out of it no matter how good or bad it is. Punk seems like an articulate enough guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's fuckin stoppin ya, Marvel? I'd read the shit out of it no matter how good or bad it is. Punk seems like an articulate enough guy.

Sounds like how a bunch of fanfic writers feel about their projects.

If Chris Jericho can start his own metal band, the why not. Follow those dreams even if you can't reach A status.

I'm never going to shit on someone for trying to do what they're passionate about. I might shit on the end product, but fuckin' good on them for trying.

Sounds like how a bunch of fanfic writers feel about their projects.

Yeah I understand that, and I really don't know if Punk is really that good of a writer, I mean his promos are the only thing I'm basing it off of, but c'mon I'll just say I'm looking forward to it, if it ever happens.

Also, it's the fuckin Punisher. A guy who uses the cadaver's as human shields in a morgue shootout.

Aiii

So not worth it
Does it really matter? If it's shit, it's shit, but Marvel makes 200 comic books a month, they can afford to take a chance. So if this Thor story is half decent and sells well (lets face it, the CM Punk name has value since he quit the company almost a year ago and they're still chanting his name louder than 90% of the WWE roster), why not give him another go?

Nearly time for Live Raw (spoilers), the only good thing about UK Raws. You can decide if you want to stay up or not well in advanced and with an idea of what the show will be like.

Marvel's basically just stunt casting by letting him write a comic. He loves comic books a ton anyway, so it makes sense that he would jump on the idea.

Kaladin

This is what I did over the weekend:

10372225_10101049740439003_7883493949018947638_n.jpg

10810_10101050026216303_6296671319790259209_n.jpg

Who would have thought people still love good country music?

Browny

Banned
Just in case anyone's interested, the UK's reaction to the show starting and whether they'll chant about the network...

Pretty much straight away, "Where's our network" chants. Editors gonna make their money tonight...

Kaladin

They never act like they care about UK Raws. We might get one decent match because it's for the UK crowds, but don't expect much.

somedevil

Wow they announced a new member for Team Cena and its
Jack Swagger

A promotion though by the end he could be taken out as well.

Kaladin

Wow they announced a new member for Team Cena and its
Jack Swagger

A promotion though by the end he could be taken out as well.

I would book this by having Cena announce people every week and have the Authority take them out leaving him with the fewer and fewer options of people to turn to.

Browny

Banned
I have found something infinitely better than keeping up with Raw.

Liam Neeson being TMF in Episode 1.

I'm going to fast forward through Jar Jar though.

Aiii

So not worth it
I bet Vince was "
WHAT? HE IS GETTING OVER WITHOUT US AGAIN? FUCK IT, TURN THAT MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE AGAIN! WHERE'S AXEL? PUT THEM BACK ON SUPERSTARS, GODDAMNIT!"

Or something, because WHY ELSE?

I bet Vince was "
WHAT? HE IS GETTING OVER WITHOUT US AGAIN? FUCK IT, TURN THAT MOTHERFUCKING ASSHOLE AGAIN! WHERE'S AXEL? PUT THEM BACK ON SUPERSTARS, GODDAMNIT!"

Or something, because WHY ELSE?

Speaking of those two, they had a fairly nice moment on Superstars that explained why they are no longer a tag team. Was kinda bummed to see it get dumped there.

I hope the Ryback stuff just means that he's a solo man and is joining neither team. And Ryback and Cena have a ~history~ with each other anyway. But i know WWE doesn't remember that. If the face run has been a SWERVE, then welp,
happy birthday, Ryback

Top Bottom